It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting Bush where he belongs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Anti-war activists are planning to take Bush's new book and put it where it really belongs; in the TRUE CRIME section.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da4e45319580.jpg[/atsimg]

George Bush's memoir turns to crime

US activists, inspired by British campaign against Tony Blair's book, vow to move George Bush's memoir into bookshop crime sections

The special relationship is being turned on its head, with US peace activists following the lead of their British counterparts to launch a campaign to reshelve George Bush's new memoir, Decision Points, "where it belongs": in the crime section of their local bookshops.

Inspired by a British campaign which saw Tony Blair's autobiography, A Journey, appearing under crime, horror and even fantasy in UK bookshops, the protest blog Waging Nonviolence is urging its supporters to "Move Bush's Book Where It Belongs", and post pictures of the autobiography in its new location on a campaign Facebook page.

According to the campaign organiser Jasmine Faustino, Bush's memoir "defends several of the criminal policies that he implemented during his time in office, including the invasion of Iraq and the use of waterboarding". She calls on readers to "reshelve the book to where it really belongs", and "take a picture of your 'mission accomplished'".

Guardian UK

If only it were that easy to put the politicians in Washington in their proper places.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I equate this to burning a Quran. Pointless

I get the motive, but do something a little more vivid..

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I equate this to burning a Quran. Pointless

I get the motive, but do something a little more vivid..

Comparing Bush's book with the Koran, you're just begging for someone to put a fatwa out on you.

You want something more vivid, I'm willing to listen to suggestions.
Humor is always appreciated.

edit on 11/15/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

you're misinterpretting my statement.

I find what these activists are doing to being similar to those who wanted to burn the quran. its pointless, and isn't going to accomplish anything.

perhaps you can continue to poke fun..

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Every form of protest, short of outright revolution is ultimately pointless.

Small acts of protest like this get out the word to the masses how corrupt the government has become. If enough people get the message, eventually people will finally get mad enough to rise up and finally do something about it.

I hope I have the courage to join them when it happens.
edit on 11/15/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

yeah, but how many people going to find themselves IN a BOOKSTORE, in the TRUE CRIME section, and think TWICE after seeing Bush's Memoir... They won't even recognize, unless they stand there handing out brochures. might be more worth it then..

eta: though your right.. protest is protest.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Better yet,petition the courts to have the book removed from circulation. I find it,given the circumstances, offensive and distasteful that he would use his eight years in office as vehicle for making money. If he really wanted to explain himself, he could do it on the speaking circuit, free of charge, where he would have to face tough questions from the audience and be truly held accountable for what was done on his watch.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

I'd rather petition the courts to put him behind bars, or better yet, have him hanged like he did to Hussein.

What's good for the goose...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yes. Perhaps Bush should not have approved waterbarding. Perhaps it would have been better to lose several more thousand lives through terror activities and live in a capitulation peace and say we are better than they are. Perhaps General Pershing was more in tune. Out of 50, shoot 49 with bullets dipped in pig's blood. Let the last one go home to tell the tale. The Geneva conference said it is ok to shoot people. So, I guess that would be the more humane way to deal with terrorists.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Well if the previous President Of The United States was looking at this thread this is what I would like to say to him.

Good Job Mr. President. You will someday be judge for your actions and maybe people will realize that you had some hard decisions to make and you did the right thing.

I'm so sick of the Bush Lied People Died.

As an american I was proud of you. I just wish you kept your belt up and didn't let your trouser show.

top topics

join