It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Workers Making Over $180,000 Increase By 2,000% In Past Five Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Exactly, I think we should all work for the government...............................................
Wait a minute, is that not COMMUNISM?!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I have dealt with BOTH types of government workers.

One is your type, sick of the bureaucracy that limits their ability to do ANYTHING.

The other that does NOTHING so that they cannot be hurt by their actions.

Yes, I have dealt with the city, the county, the state and the federal, and I am SICK of them all!!!!!!!!!

I had one inspector actually get reprimanded for saving a private developer 10 million bucks. The reasoning? Because the government could of used them as a fundraiser.

The government has become CRIMINAL!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I had seen these statistics prior to Obama making his announcement that he was going to freeze Federal employee wages.

Of course I was so impressed with this decision. My thoughts on hearing his announcement was I'll bet that goes both ways, can't lower wages in a freeze either. Meanwhile the private sector has and continues to have to take pay cuts either through reduced wages, fewer hours or just having to settle for a lesser paying position after having been outsiourced.

What a great country this is.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234

I know it's a tough concept to grasp, federal employees paying themselves with their own tax dollars, but it's true.

www.wtopnews.com/?sid=1838232&nid=428

Federal Employees owe Billions in unpaid taxes.

Pay themselves with their own tax dollars? Not a chance.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Link to article for you and others

3% of federal employees owing taxes does not mean federal employees do not pay taxes. It's not entirely fair but the article was kind enough to mention that where federal employees owe about $3 billion, the rest of the country owes $345 billion.

As for the general public's voluntary compliance rate, the IRS no longer tracks those numbers, so it is impossible to compare. But an IRS report from 2001 (PDF) showed the total tax gap to be about $345 billion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join