It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Workers Making Over $180,000 Increase By 2,000% In Past Five Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So, the city of Bell California is not just a symptom, it is the core disease of our government. So, with the economic downturn, the private industries and people have to tighten their belts but the ol government employees and unions get to belly up to the feed trough. Kinda reminds me of the ol French saying "Let them eat cake!" I wonder how that turned out for the one that stated that?

Link-Federal Workers Making Over $180,000 Increase By 2,000% In Past Five Years

Snippet-

For all those wondering how to cut down on government expenditures, here's a thought: cut the skyrocketing salaries! A study by USA Today, using US Office of Personnel Management data, confirms what has been widely known: that the biggest beneficiaries of government largesse over the past 5 years as a worker cohort, are none other than Federal workers themselves. The numbers are stunning: those earning over $150,000 in the past five years have grown from 7,420 to 82,034, a 1,006% increase. More shockingly, those earning over $180,000 has surged from just 805 in 2005, to 16,912 in 2010: a 2,001% increase. And it is on the background of this that Congress is planning on giving 2.1 million federal workers another 1.4% across the board pay raise! Additionally, it appears that the bulk of the gains have taken place since Obama took office. Can someone please stop the lunacy: this country is beyond bankrupt and it turns out that in addition to Wall Street (which everyone knows does nothing but transfer wealth from the middle class to a few choice CEOs and groupthinking Bloomberg terminal operators), the biggest thief is the very government itself, which has perfected the art of giving with one hand, and taking with 10, almost as well as those enclosed in glass corner offices on Park, Lexington and Broad (and now Wes

Here is the link from the USA Today article Tyler got the original info from-
More federal workers' pay tops $150,000

Hey, you just keep buying into the lie that the government is here to help. They have your best interests at heart and will do nothing dirty and underhanded.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Speaking of which, can we lower that minimum wage to 4.15 now? These low lifes making too much..

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Excuse me Mr. Foamfollower, what are your views on the Navy's 280 billion dollar budget or is that too big of a figure for you to discuss?

The USS Enterprise just finished a 600 million dollar refurbishing only to be retired in 2013, care to comment?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
No public servant should make more than the average national wage, period.

There oughtta be a law

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

yeah lol, I just got a raise with my job too, and I didn't even deserve it.
Guess who's computer I'm typing from?

God, you gotta love waisting American tax dollars.
Don't hate the player hate the game.
I assure you, I've seen way too many Fed employees actually state that they enjoy spending American tax dollars. I hate to watch them sitting back not doing a damn thing, I'm not like that, I'm actually a work-a-holic but in my agency (not sure about others) it's like they barely give us work, I spend AT LEAST a 3rd of my time doing absolutely nothing, because they haven't given me enough work. I'm telling you, half of the people in my office wouldn't make it in the private sector and they know it.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I recommend you all become Federal Employees until our Empire is complete.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

I have do disagree, anyone who is doing research for the Government shouldn't be paid as much as Average Joe, flipping burgers

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The government party, we support reps and dems!
Join our numbers!

A.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Now that you have pointed that out, I think it would be extremely positive for me to go into the Government
Sector at this time. Thanks for the Statistics,Numbers, and other Figures as well.
Clearly, I see an opportunity ahead, as the Private Sector has pretty much ripped me off as of late.
Perhaps I can even make a difference along the way.

Good Post....S&F

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I think it would be wonderful if they were not paid at all. No perks, no benefits, just civil service serving the people that put them in office.

But then again you could pay them just under the poverty level so they could get the money tax fee as a perk. They waste so much money it is not even funny.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xurxox

Well I will comment on your interesting post there Xurxox. That project was to "Create Jobs" as well as political
gain. But , just to be fair to this website, maybe that ship will not be retired at all. The ridiculous concept overall
is that we would have to waste money to make money.
Take the blinders off and ....Whao,Whao,Whao.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is absolute BS!!! With our Government going bankrupt! Something needs to be done......why the hell do we keep finding out stuff like this?? Just damn crazy!!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Well that was experimented on in The Soviet Union. The result was massive corruption , blackmail, and worse
on a scale that is detrimental to Any modern society. Not to mention the humble honest folks having to wait
two or more hours of their day in line(cue), for a roll of toilet paper.

So now you know where the Russian mob got their start. You must use your wonderful talents to push your
intelligence further.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xurxox

Hey, I am on of those that thinks to protect our COUNTRY is to get out of protecting the world.

Let us cut the US foreign bases TO ZERO.

Let us cut the umbilical cord and see how the world fares without our intervention.

Fine by me, but of course you are going to have to convince the RINOs and the Democrats of course.

You will also have to cut any ties with all the terrorist creation countries like say Saudi Arabia.

Let us get it done.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'm sort of....unsure about this. 'Federal workers' can range from educators to scientists to engineers to office workers to law enforcement, etc...

The federal government is a favorite client for much of our private sector.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
As soon as lawmakers have the same insurance we peasants do. You can bet they'll cut back federal workers compensation packages. Let's see ONE noob in congress try and throw THAT up on the adgenda. Watch how fast he's sent to a log cabin outside of the HAARP facility and report back if he see's anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
As soon as lawmakers have the same insurance we peasants do...

They do.

Onto the OP:
Since you seem to like percentages so much let's play with some;

Total number of federal employees: 2,748,978
Total number of Americans: 307,000,000
Total # making $150k+: 171,698
% making more than $150,000: 6.2%
% of Americans making $150k+: 5.84%
# of Americans making $150k+: 18,104,000

Household income in the United States
More federal workers' pay tops $150,000
How many federal employees are there in the US?

The vast majority of federal employees make less than $150,000.

It takes a lot to run a country. It takes a lot to run our country. I would hope our government would have the insight to hire the best and brightest to run government programs and not lose them to the private sector to be squandered on some billionaires wishes.

A reason, which some of you may want, for this may be the cap was raised from $149,000 to $153,200 in 2009. That means that employees who had reached the cap automatically made more after that cap was raised...which was a lot of people, considering time-in-service. Yes, the longer you work for the government the more they pay you.

So 'suddenly' it appears as if so many more employees were making so much more money, simply because the cap was raised.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Oh you are a POS.

Sorry to tell you this, but YOU are a POS.

I know NO ONE that has ever personally made that amount of money per year.

I have made pretty damn good money, 85k, my bosses have made 100k+ but now you are talking about the government forcing us to pay high taxation so they can make more than me or others that DESERVE higher wages than the POS. Oh well, I guess some people think that the royalty should get paid more.

POS!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You know federal employees pay taxes too right? And if we raise taxes on people making more than, say $150k and not us lowly folks like you and I....they'll pay more.

I know it's a tough concept to grasp, federal employees paying themselves with their own tax dollars, but it's true.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
maybe its all a part of the master plan, to put more people in the higher tax brackets in order to get more tax money for the governmonster.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Well, the government employees want to be part of the solution right? So they should give TWICE as much as the rest of us, especially since they negotiate with themselves to set their own wages.

Kind of a conflict of interest it seems to me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join