It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of Executed American Blasts Bush, Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I read comments by Rumsfeld this morning that just made my blood boil:

"The real task of security is not to flood a country with more troops and become a foreign occupier," he told the BBC in an interview in Turkey.

This guy is unFu**ing believable!

..become a foreign occupier?!
His Hitler-speak psychology is abominable! His comments (as well deputy BITCH Wolfowitz's) on the whole subject of Iraq is cruel, heartless and utterly depraved. They don't give an ounce of a shizit about our troops over there or about anyone over there. All they care about is their own greed and bloodlust.

They should be tried for war crimes!

Nick Berg's father feels pretty much the same way and he's out there telling everyone about it. Here's what he said in London....

Father of Executed American Blasts Bush, Media

Tue Jun 29,12:49 PM ET Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Kate Holton

LONDON (Reuters) - The father of an American civilian beheaded in Iraq (news - web sites) accused President Bush (news - web sites) and the U.S. media Tuesday of ignoring the "horrible face of war."

"People like George Bush and (U.S. Defense Secretary) Donald Rumsfeld (news - web sites) don't see the pain that people have to bear -- they don't know what it feels like to have your guts ripped out," Michael Berg told a news conference.
news.yahoo.com... =/nm/20040629/ts_nm/iraq_britain_berg_dc&printer=1

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What Berg's father is saying is exactly true. The people who declare the war, who have interests in the war, don't have direct links to the young people who are out there fighting it. Each fallen soldier might as well be faceless because there is no link there, nothing attaching their death to reality because it's not their children. They don't have to worry about their children dying, or being killed at war. They declare the war, the young people wage it. There is disassociation because and a lack of real understanding because it's not someone they care about coming home in a body bag, not to mention other interests (such as why they're there in the first place). it's a sacrifice of everyone to get to their goal, whatever that might be.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You're exactly right Parrhesia. And its tragic.

One of the reasons I got out of the Army was because I knew I was nothing but a number in the machine. I wanted to get out and become as successful out here as I was in there - for my own talents and with my own name. This whole situation illustrates how right I was.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You have to wonder if these people were to feel the pain of having a child taken from them in war, for bogus reasons, whether they would reconsider their stance; or just how important that goal is to them. Regardless, there are always more people who will come along with the same intentions and lack of understanding with regard to something like that.

You did the right thing getting out, ECK. I can't see as a place you'd want to be.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It was great to me, Parrhesia. And I did well. But I do think, looking back, that I made the right decision. Being regimented with the 101st Airborne Division, I would've had to go back over there and that used to be my biggest nightmare!
Not that I was scared, it was just one long, hot haul, if ya know what I mean! (I wouldn't mind going back to work in the diplomatic field, tho. That could be very interesting.)

I truly wish the men and women in the Bush administration had to face the same tragic reality that so many Americans have to regarding their children being sent to war. It might change their minds, but then again, who knows. George H.W. Bush's family helped finance the Nazi war machine, as young Bush became the youngest fighter pilot in the Pacific theater during WW2. He was even shot down. Talk about cross purposes.

new topics

top topics

join