It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tons of plane accidents and inccedents in usa today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Great aircraft to have for close air support in an armored battle. Maybe
it is just showing it's age and needs different power plants? It's always
good never to put all of the tax payers eggs in one basket and let other
DOD contractors have a piece of the contract pies. That would probably
increase quality control and keep manufacturers on their toes.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Good points I guess, but I'm not sure how its power plants have anything to do with the RSOE alerts?

edit on 15-11-2010 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The are three aircraft accidents in the USA PER DAY because there are 300,000 aircraft registered in the USA and 600,000 USA pilots. 90% of the USA aircraft are small privately owned single engine aircraft flown for recreational purposes with over 11 million hours of flight time per year.

The information on the map is correct, but the detail sheet is wrong.
The popups on the map shown the correct aircraft type, incident or accident, date.

Almost all of these accident/incidents (80%) listed are General Aviation Aircraft:
Cessna 4 seat Skyhawk C172, Skylane C182,
Piper 4-seat PA 26, PA28,
RX8 Experimental,
Ultralight

No military incidents or accidents:

Incident is blown tire, bad brakes, ran off taxiway, basic ground incident not involving structural damage.
Accident: people hurt, structural damage to aircraft affecting it's airworthiness.

On a parallel note:
I live on a private airport which I co-own and I keep my Cessna 182 in the backyard. I've been very lucky to have been able to do this and hope future generations get to continue with this freedom. USA is very easy to fly in, do not even need to have a radio or get anybody's permission if you keep away from major airports but this is rapidly changing with the terrorist issues. Many international students learn to fly in the USA because easy of flying and low cost. I have 6 restaurants within 40 minute flight. Get free loaner car when I land and buy gas. Flown to 35 US states and have seen from the air Old Faithful geyser erupting, Mt. Rushmore, Statue of Liberty, flown along the California coast from San Diego to San Francisco, Mackinaw Island, Disneyworld, Badlands, landed at EAA Airshow Oshkosh, Wisconsin five times (worlds busiest airport for 10 show days a year-over ) and have landed at the highest airport in the USA in Leadville, Colorado at 9,972 ft above sea level.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
reply to post by Mr. D

Good points I guess, but I'm not sure how its power plants have anything to do with the RSOE alerts?

edit on 15-11-2010 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

I think it was Myendica that stated all the planes that had problems were of the same type.
If that is indeed the case then it might be that the contractor is getting complacent and
needs to be shown that there are other contractors more than willing and able to do the jobs
they are doing. No reason in putting people in harms way because of complacency and or
incompetence.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
What "I" had determined from my previous post regarding this a week or so ago was there was an airplane incident involving two people dying. As a result of that, I think that any of the same model aircraft that were scheduled for flights after that incident were grounded for a short time until the fatal incident had been investigated and no faulty parts were found in the plane. That is what makes the most sense, this is unusual seeing that many incidents - but an incident is just that - an incident. Not an accident.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
For some reason that site, when I pull it up, shows NOTHING. Just map of the world but no incidents. Is there a plugin IE7 would need?? It worked several weeks ago, but then I had some issues and disabled most of my bowser plugins. Any info would be greatly appreciated......so I can view these incidents.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

Yes, you need the FireFox plugin.

Chrome or it's more secure twin, Iron/Chromium, would be another good option.

Seriously though, do you have flash installed? You should also consider upgrading to IE8 if you just have too many warm and fuzzies for Microsoft.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by smurfy

No...

....it says PA28 which is a Cessna...

A PA-28 is built by PIPER Aircraft Company. NOT Cessna!

Correct, mea culpa! I forgot to take my Bovril tonight,

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ever since the fireball reports of Oct 16 2010 and the Comet Hartley 2 flyby on Nov 4-5 there have been some very strange occurrences with aircraft and electrical-magnetic anomalies.
link

Apparently the BA flight that landed in Vancouver had an engine totally melted from some electrical anomaly.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamenie
hisz.rsoe.hu...

all the planes seem to be military and all crashes 2 people are dead see for yourself

You mean like the Cirrus SR-22 in Clearwater, Florida that hurt no one and happened a week ago or the Cessna 172 in Terra Haute that happened on the 12th, or the Piper Apache that had a landing gear malfunction last Wednesday injuring no one????? Learn to use the resource before posting misinformation. None were military and none had 2 dead, and I couldn't find any for today.
OK, here's a short tutorial. There is one icon in the state of Utah. Click it. The info decodes as follows:
Airplane incident - could be a crash or could be a gas truck bent a radio antenna on a plane
Location - Salt Lake City
Date - European format 12010.11.12:00:30 means half past midnight last Friday morning
Type - PA28 is any one of a bunch of Piper Cherokee models, a light civilian general aviation aircraft. Its registration number is N9286J, which according to the FAA database at www.landings.com...$pass*186269064!mtd*7!map*_landings/images/landings-topbuttons.map?84,7 is owned by someone new in Tulare, CA. Flightaware.com doesn't show any IFR flight plan for last Friday and the NTSB accident database doesn't show anything for it. And the Salt Lake Tribune archives don't show any aircraft crashes since February.
Oh, and number of people affected shows number of occupants of the aircraft and anything it hit or that hit it.

BTW, the "details link always shows the FAA as the source and an A-10 as the aircraft because the form apparently is coded to default to those entries if the field in the detail report is left blank.

A nuch more accurate and reliable source for accident and incident info is www.ntsb.gov...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
So we are losing the same fighter jet over and over and over?

This makes NO sense!

No, that only seemed to happen to the Republic F-105 Thunderchief II in Vietnam. It was nicknamed the "Thud" because of the sound it made hitting the ground. 833 were built 322 were lost in combat in the Vietnam war. It has 2 notable distinctions: 1.) the only US combat aircraft to br required because of attrition; and, 2) the only U S combat aircraft to have more than half of its production run crash.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaCruzdeNuca
Ever since the fireball reports of Oct 16 2010 and the Comet Hartley 2 flyby on Nov 4-5 there have been some very strange occurrences with aircraft and electrical-magnetic anomalies.
link

Apparently the BA flight that landed in Vancouver had an engine totally melted from some electrical anomaly.

I don't know where you heard that, but BA 804 suffered a compressor stall at about 10,000 feet. It was not an electrical anomaly. It is the turbojet engine version of a backfire, the most common cause of which is bird or foreign object ingestion. I've had them before, especially on the Rolls-Royce RB211 which was powering the BA 747. The same engine was used on the L-1011, the Boeing 757/767 series and the Tupelov 204.
They(compressor stalls) became so common that Boeing issued a special bulletin. See, www.biggles-software.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I started using the RSOE EDiS site because of the Japan earthquake/tsunami past friday and I notice 16 or 17 airplane crashes, All military Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolts is that normal???

Where can I confirm that information? Is RSOE reliable?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just posted about this elsewhere. Didn't realise someone was already onto it. but if you click on details and then on the link, there is something about disabling oxygen equipment in lavatories. I think that must be it. www.faa.gov...

edit on 14-3-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join