It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR recommends that Muslims women only be patted down about the neck and face

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anon404
I just wanted to post to say that this thread is based on an inaccuracy.

If you read the CAIR article, it is directions if they are being search DUE TO WEARING A HEADSCARF

Right. It has been posted numerous times and the OP has been thoroughly debunked. BS story.

The CAIR advisory was talking about a specific scenario as an example of TSA guidelines at the time that told officers only to hand search specific suspicous areas as per what alerted them.

If they say that the Head Scarf is why they are hand searching them then they can only search head and neck.

Goes for anyone wearing a scarf...not just Muslims.

Headscarf = Kneck and Head
Baggy Jeans= Legs and groin
Weirdly chubby back=Torso only
Odd shirt=Torso
Bizzare hairdo=Head
Strange shoes = Feet

Since those guidelines in August the TSA came out with new guidelines calling for a more aggressive "palm facing" full body search without restrictions to just "suspicious areas".

Either way there was never special circumstances for Muslims...and this news piece was written by Ben Johnson of Floyd Reports and cut and pasted by several psuedo-news orgs/blogs. The Floyd Report is a run by a Christian/Conservative political operative who is famous for the outrageously racist "Willie Horton" ad ...He is an admitted far right PAC marketeer who profits from fear and division..not a news outlet.
edit on 17-11-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

As I am reading a thread I am also researching. I know that TSA has not adopted the CAIR recommendations. However I thought that this evasion of an answer from Napolitano on the direct question of CAIR recommendations was interesting.www.cnsnews.com... Why didn't she just simply state that Muslim women would be treated no differently than any other passenger?

Why would I simply read your posts..there are other opinions on this thread.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

CAIR made NO reccomendations to the TSA. They made reccomendations to Muslim Women travellers...and those reccomendations were within the context of current TSA policy at the time.

Don't trust my posts/opinion..trust my links and evidence that I link to...like the actual CAIR reccomendation being discussed...rather than the crap "article" and spin written by a PAC marketeer.
edit on 17-11-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

As for your vid link. The reporter asked a question based on BS. She didn't answer the question because she had no idea what the hell he was talking about. She should have said WTF are you talking about?, bot politicians are trained not to say that.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join