It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOVOSTI (Moscow) “UFO studies offer glimpse of the future”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
NOVOSTI (Moscow) “UFO studies offer glimpse of the future”

en.rian.ru...

Vadim Chernobrov, head of the public organization Kosmopoisk that investigates UFOs and unexplained phenomena, tells Samir Shakhbaz about recent developments in UFO research and sheds light on some long-standing mysteries, including those surrounding the famous Area 51 military base in Nevada.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 15/11/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

What's your take on this Jim?

To me he appears big on claims but short of anything to back it up.

From what little I've been able to read about this organization it's not without it's critics who see it as pseudo-scientific and even link it (at least by association) with Torsion Field scams. Then again one of it's founding members was a cosmonaut and Decorated Hero of the Soviet Union.

Are you privy to any more background information on them?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Hiya Jim. The interview is interesting and one or two points are quite original to me. Those last few words however walk the same old path as the exopolitics crowd and those believing in 'hugs n kisses' aliens. It's the old 'we're not worthy' approach whereby we can only make contact after becoming enlightened. In the meantime, are ostensibly 'enlightened' space brothers watch from the sidelines...

The 'glimpse of the future' remark is possibly factual. Whether you believe people have sighted structured craft/flying saucers or not, the NASA archives contain papers that discuss the potential propulsion systems and reported electrical effects. In that sense, real or not, the UFOs have made an impression in much the same way Roddenbury's Star Trek inspired other theoretical and engineering scientists. Pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The 'glimpse of the future' remark is possibly factual. Whether you believe people have sighted structured craft/flying saucers or not, the NASA archives contain papers that discuss the potential propulsion systems and reported electrical effects. In that sense, real or not, the UFOs have made an impression in much the same way Roddenbury's Star Trek inspired other theoretical and engineering scientists. Pretty cool.

I like this notion.

Believing something is possible, even based on a mistake, often helps make that thing become real.

The story gave a good overview of the Russian cultural attitude towards the UFO phenomenon.

My own contribution to 'Russian ufology' has been to reveal how MUCH of the mass sightings were misperceptions of prosaic but classified military space.missile activity.

new topics

top topics

join