It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Extra Dimensions Possible Next Year-CERN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by Visitor2012

I use the internet to observe the progress of human conscience. Every once and a while, I feel the need to communicate my feelings on important matters. Anyway, what does that have to do with anything?

The history/development of the Internet can be traced back to C.E.R.N .

"I use the internet to observe the progress of human conscience"

Forgive me but that sounds rather pretentious

Sorry, but what it "sounds" like to you is irrelevant. Would the internet be needed if all of humankind could communicate and interact without it? No and we can. I can only imagine how capable we would be if this knowledge was perpetuated and perfected upon thousands of years ago.

All of the "progress" we have ever made, is completely opposite from where we should be. If you do not know this, then you haven't even begun to understand what is going on around you.

I chose to educate myself and find the ultimate truth of our existence. Believe it or not, those answers are there for each and every one of us.

Why do you need to be told so much? Why do you wait on people to explain things to you? Are you afraid of the unknown? Or are you used to it?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

There are no boundaries. It's kind of like trying to find a solid boundary between wet sand and dry sand on the beach. It's all gradual..especially on the molecular level.

It would also be a mistake to apply physics to any understanding of true reality. It will only hold you back. Using scientific methods and theories in the understanding of higher "Dimensions" is like using crayons to paint the Mona Lisa. In Truth, the wisdom you will gain from conscious exploration of higher realms will dwarf all scientific "knowledge" accumulated by the civilized world.

So what is your proof that a tear could not happen then...???

I didn't say that it couldn't.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

All of the "progress" we have ever made, is completely opposite from where we should be. If you do not know this, then you haven't even begun to understand what is going on around you.

I chose to educate myself and find the ultimate truth of our existence. Believe it or not, those answers are there for each and every one of us.

Why do you need to be told so much? Why do you wait on people to explain things to you? Are you afraid of the unknown? Or are you used to it?

All of the "progress" we have ever made, is completely opposite from where we should be

Again is it not a little presumptuous to assume that you know where mankind should be .......?

I chose to educate myself and find the ultimate truth of our existence

And the thousands of our brightest minds working directly or indirectly with C.E.R.N are not ?

Why do you need to be told so much? Why do you wait on people to explain things to you?

We are sensory beings ......... how may I ask did you come to know the things you know ? Did you speak with other people and hear what they had to say ?
Did you read about their experiences ?
Did you witness it with your own eyes ?

I think you get the point I`m making.

What would you know if you had been keep in a darkened room since you were born ?

We stand on the shoulders of giants !

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
"What would you know if you had been keep in a darkened room since you were born ?"

This may be news to you but we've ALL been kept in a dark room since we've been born..that's the problem! In truth I would say that science IS the dark room. Even a blind and deaf man can learn all of the secrets of this entire universe. Why? because it is all in the mind.

However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a society that defines it's reality from the small fraction of the spectrum of light that it sees, is working with a limited set of tools. If humans could only see the color green, wouldn't it be reasonable to conclude that they are only seeing a small portion of their environment? How could you explain anything to them if they only understand in terms of green and shades of green? Would they have words in their language that could be used to explain Purple? Or Infrared? How about Gamma?

A 3D creature that can only perceive 2D, still can run into objects above that it can not see. How will it's brain interpret that experience? Regardless of the reality it constructs, wouldn't it still be advantageous to understand those experiences and thus expand it's understanding of it's own body?

Well just because you can't perceive matter that exists in the higher spectrum of light, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. And it certainly doesn't mean that our brains can't sense and interpret that energy. Come on...that's just common sense. Our brains interpret a lot of things that do not come from the light we see from our eyes. Like people on the other side of a wall..

Well, there is a world that exists all around us that we can't see, but we certainly can detect and construct mental images from without using mechanical instruments.

Understanding and witnessing your own life energy will answer all of your questions concerning "dimensions", you don't need scientists to do this, and I certainly would not recommend you put your trust in others to define your world for you. Like so many do.

Imagine trying to explain to cavemen how the stock market works without spending an entire lifetime educating him on all the require prerequisite information. Plus, he doesn't speak language and has never left a cave. Sound like something you want to do?

edit on 15-11-2010 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's good news I think, and you guys are letting yourselves go way off topic, I got nothing against you Jordan, however, all you're doing is derailing this thread. Ask yourself this question - if people in the past thought the way you did, would you happen to have a place like ATS, the Internet and a home computer? Or we would be in the dark ages, way-way behind? And you think that's good. Lets not poke God in the eye and stuff...

It does hold some danger, yes, but being cowards I don't think we would've reached this far, so if you're not thankful about what you got, go ahead, throw all of your possesion that the angry Devil has given you, including your PC out and raise the "Doomsday" cardboard in the streets.

I know the world is quite #ed up, recently, however, this is one of the things that can change the situation quite a bit.

Sorry for the off topic on my side as well... Back on topic - thanks for the cool video! Also, check Carl Sagan's take on the dimensions in case you haven't seen it, he really explains it well and much more easier to understand!

I guess most have seen this, but it's worth the mention! Cant' wait till see what the LHC brings us!
edit on 15-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: type-o

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

I think you're thinking about a different type of dimension. I think if you had an understanding of physics, you wouldn't think that it was that far separated from the reality you 'know' so well.
I think if you were as enlightened as you think you are you wouldn't be as condecending or self righteous as you are.

On topic, this is cool, if they can detect the other dimensions, it makes string theory, well less of a theory.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I know bad stuff will follow.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pscysm

I think you're thinking about a different type of dimension. I think if you had an understanding of physics, you wouldn't think that it was that far separated from the reality you 'know' so well.
I think if you were as enlightened as you think you are you wouldn't be as condecending or self righteous as you are.

On topic, this is cool, if they can detect the other dimensions, it makes string theory, well less of a theory.

I'm sorry you feel that way. You have no idea what I'm talking about. One day, you might understand why I seem so condescending. I have never placed myself above anyone else, you have used my words and placed yourself beneath them. I'm just a human being, like everyone else.

On topic, I do understand the relationship of physics to reality. But physics is not a reality in and of itself. It merely explains in THEORY what reality is. What I have been trying to say, and apparently it is not being understood, is that every human being can answer all of these questions about reality, on atomic and quantum levels, by going within. The ancient knowledge of celestial planets without telescopes is one example of what can be found when the conscience is connected with the intelligence that IS life itself.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Besides my ranting lately in this thread which seems to not get any response to anyone. I believe we are heading to an area way above our head.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

That is a very interesting question, about what one would know if they were kept secluded in a darkened room from day 1. Of course, physically there is an easy answer: the baby would die without nurturing. Not just changing and feeding, but actual loving. Without affection a child will die from "Failure to thrive".

But philosophically it is a good question. I truly believe that meditation is a good way to unlock true secrets. But those secrets are meaningless without a context through which to apply them. Further, a lack of the actual interplay of our physics would provide a state of compound ignorance, rendering virtually any insights to surely be useless in the physical world.

As well, inner reflection without a decent logic matrix which to apply "insights" to in order to separate the wheat from the chaff would likely yield some very far flung psyche's.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I'm sorry you feel that way. You have no idea what I'm talking about. One day, you might understand why I seem so condescending. I have never placed myself above anyone else, you have used my words and placed yourself beneath them. I'm just a human being, like everyone else.

On topic, I do understand the relationship of physics to reality. But physics is not a reality in and of itself. It merely explains in THEORY what reality is. What I have been trying to say, and apparently it is not being understood, is that every human being can answer all of these questions about reality, on atomic and quantum levels, by going within. The ancient knowledge of celestial planets without telescopes is one example of what can be found when the conscience is connected with the intelligence that IS life itself.

What evs man, I know what you're talking about, I've seen the end of space and time by looking within, but that's as real in this world as a physics theory. And believe me, I have in no way placed myself below you or your words.

Everyone arrives at their understanding of the world differently, for some that route is science. And for those people, you're just a know all interweb crackpot, so don't even start with the 'What I have been trying to say', because your intended audience is not listening to you.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Okay, I'll bite. Why?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

On topic, I do understand the relationship of physics to reality. But physics is not a reality in and of itself. It merely explains in THEORY what reality is.

Apparently you seem to think a theory is basically a guess...

Theory: A theory is what one or more hypotheses become once they have been verified and accepted to be true. A theory is an explanation of a set of related observations or events based upon proven hypotheses and verified multiple times by detached groups of researchers. Unfortunately, even some scientists often use the term "theory" in a more colloquial sense, when they really mean to say "hypothesis." That makes its true meaning in science even more confusing to the general public.

Physics, especially Quantum Mechanics, is extremely accurate. Without physics we would have no cars, airplanes, t.v.'s, telephones, cellphones, etc. Continuing to insult physics as if everyone is just guessing is kind of stupid, if you ask me.

Originally posted by Visitor2012 What I have been trying to say, and apparently it is not being understood, is that every human being can answer all of these questions about reality, on atomic and quantum levels, by going within. The ancient knowledge of celestial planets without telescopes is one example of what can be found when the conscience is connected with the intelligence that IS life itself.

I highly doubt that the most complicated levels of Quantum Mechanics could easily be answered by "looking within". Physics in general varies substantially, to say the least, from micro to macro distances. Meaning our everyday world is MUCH MUCH different from the quantum realm.(Other than some quantum effects occurring in macro distances, but that isn't the point.)

To say that it can just be found by looking within is similar to saying a tornado made a jumbo jet airplane while crushing through an abandoned junkyard*.It simply isn't intuitive.

* I read the example of a tornado and jumbo jet airplane from somewhere.Unfortunately I don't remember where so I can't provide a source.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgecrusher09

Okay, I'll bite. Why?

In my opinion we are going to "peak" through a window to a dimension (metaphorically obviously) that proves it exist. although, we do not know what we may find. again, this is like the unprepared hiker who is about to go to the top of MT everest.

Anyways. I am upset at the lack of concern of any dangers in this field. I am upset that no one is taking my position serious. Even if nothing happens due to this research, I know that cern may transform physics/science into new technologies for weapons of war. Look where the atomic age has brought us into.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem

Apparently you seem to think a theory is basically a guess...

Well, it really is nothing more than an elaborate guess.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
theory |ˈθēərē; ˈθi(ə)rē|
noun ( pl. -ries)
a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, esp. one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained : Darwin's theory of evolution.
• a set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based : a theory of education | music theory.
• an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action : my theory would be that the place has been seriously mismanaged.
• Mathematics a collection of propositions to illustrate the principles of a subject.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Kind of like the movie The Mist?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgecrusher09

Kind of like the movie The Mist?

YES. Hell does need a lot of humidity.

lol ATS certainly brings out the truth in me sometimes.

anywho. THis will more than likely become a weapon.

Cern introducing orbital particle cannon..

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It's easy to propagate of a wisdom of unknown properties when you give little to no details; What exactly is it we would know if we hadn't been enclosed in the darkened room of science? Just, you know, generally.

Also, doesn't the word "Science" essentially translate into proven (or the act of proving) knowledge? As I see it, your experiences, whatever they may be, would also be scientific, in a way, given you had a way of proving it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Wouldnt you rather think about the good things that can come because of this?

You seem like youre freakin out a lil bit more than you should considering those dimensions already exist around us and always have.

Seems like they just want to know why they exist and not what they can do with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join