It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Televised executions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I suppose it could have the opposiye effect to what I desire. However, surely it would illustrate the suffering that is being caused after the initial crime is wrong. All that is happening is there is another family mourning for the loss of a daughter/son/bother/sister/father.......

No wonder people are desensitized, it there own government is allowing people to be killed. Death is wrong and avoidable in any instance the way I see it. The death penalty only highlights the failure of society, the failure of how things work.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
public executions in the USA were abolished after like 30,000 people started to show up to see them....this became far more unwieldy and expensive to local governments that had to try and cope with these things.

Why dont we just bring back gladitorial games?
Do we really thing that seeing a nice peaceful lethal injection has the same deterent effect as seeing a convict fry in the electric chair?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is hilarious. You (collective) care less about the dignity of our own domestic prisoners than you do about those prisoners in Abu Ghraib.

The idea of it being a deterrent is a joke. Murderers are in there because they watched the life drain out of their victims eyes, and most likely enjoyed it. Those on death row would volunteer to be televised.

<< 1   >>

join