It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealership: Buy Truck, Get Free AK-47

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Dealership: Buy Truck, Get Free AK-47

www.clickorlando.com

Nations Trucks, located at 3700 S. Orlando Drive in Sanford, kicked off the promotion on Veterans Day.
General sales manager Nick Ginetta said the promotion will run until the end of the month. He said anyone who purchases a truck will receive a $400 voucher to a local gun store. Ginetta said he knows the promotion is controversial, but he believes it will bring in business -- and he said it's already working. At the close of business Thursday, he said the dealership had 47 appointments scheduled
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Now that's how someone not only boosts business but also embraces the 2nd Amendment!~
Though there will be haters of the idea, I think it's good to see innovative ways to push the Bill of rights, though that's not what he intended~
I hope more business owners use this type of ingenious thinking to maybe boost there economy in their respective cities, towns etc.

www.clickorlando.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I see no problem with this. He's not breaking any laws. In fact, he's doing a lot of good. He's not only boosting his business, but that of another business as well, while supporting and promoting the Second Amendment. I say good for him.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I've heard of similar promos in Texas before. Cool to see it in Florida too.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Of course it would be nice if the local news could get the firearm right - it's not an AK47 - but you can't really expect it of them. Everything's either a Glock or an AK-47 to a reporter.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Dam, you made me click the link to see what type of gun it really was, and the link is already down!

I thought a $400 AK-47 was pretty cheap. My Saiga was $199 when I bought 3 of them, but I sold them used for $400 each, so I don't think you can get a new one for that price.

$400 voucher would be a nice chunk laid down on a sleak new 1911!!

I wonder if my wife would mind trading her car in?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
DOUBLE POST
edit on 11/15/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I wonder if my wife would mind trading her car in?

At first I read that as "I wonder if my wife would mind me trading her in?". I don't know why. My mind took out the word "car" and jumped to that conclusion.

Either way, I suppose..........

edit on 11/15/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The links down, so was it a Saiga shotgun and what bore, either way I'd have one but don't think I'd bother with the truck but I've seen the saiga in action on tv and the web and it looks a lot of fun as well as being a handy gun to have when tshtf.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There used to be a bank in Colorado, I think, that would give you a new Weatherby Vanguard when you opened an CD account with them. I forget how it worked, but it seemed like a pretty good deal.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
A BB gun to a lot of people is an assault gun. They don't have a clue.
Anyway, this isn't the first time this campaign has occured. One thing
about this though, you still have to pass a background check to be able
buy whatever type of gun they are giving a voucher for. It's not like just
anyone can buy the gun.
edit on 15-11-2010 by endtimer because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

I don't think that's true for a long gun. I think anybody over the age of 18 can walk into a Wal Mart and buy a shotgun. No background check, just normal registration.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The average Ak's are about 400-450 nowadays.
source: www.jgsales.com...
source: www.cheaperthandirt.com...

It is funny, those libs love to label all guns as a glock or assault rifle!

Little do they know an assault rifle is more defined as a fully automatic, but what do ya expect?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

They're all AKS though - semi auto, not an actual AK47 at all. But to hear it from most 'journalists', you can traipse down to the store and buy a full auto rifle for a hundred bucks.

There's you a conspiracy - I can't believe that many supposedly literate people could so uniformly mis-represent firearms without there being some sort of plot.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by endtimer

I don't think that's true for a long gun. I think anybody over the age of 18 can walk into a Wal Mart and buy a shotgun. No background check, just normal registration.

You need a NICS check for long guns.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
To reply to the originator, NICS check on all firearms, shotguns rifles need no registration. Most states require registration or " blue card " for hand guns only.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Do they just call it in at the counter?

I have had my concealed permit for so long that I haven't had to go through any of that stuff, but I know that I have seen people at WalMart and also at the gunshows buy a rifle or a shotgun and walk out with it in a matter of minutes.

A couple of years ago when the Saigas first got popular here, I went into a little gunshop and bought 3 Saiga AK-47, and 3000 rounds of ammo. I cringed at every knock on the door for a couple of months, I thought sure the ATF would be checking in on me, but nobody ever came, LOL!

Those Saiga Semi-Auto shotguns are real nice! I don't have one, but I shot one that was all tricked out, and it was a Super nice gun!

For me, I have a Mossberg 12 guage, with a short barrel, double pistol grip, and 500,000 candlepower xenon thumbswitch light! It is a beast! I can tap the light and illuminate the entire room, identify targets, and blind everybody but me! The light will blind you, even in the daytime!

Don't creep up in my house at night; If that bright light and that distinctive pump action sound don't make you soil yourself, the slug surely will!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
I see no problem with this. He's not breaking any laws. In fact, he's doing a lot of good. He's not only boosting his business, but that of another business as well

Given that it's almost 100% certain that the AK's in question are foreign made, he's boosting the business of nations which are hardly friends of the US.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yeah, they just have to call in. If there's no wait at the office it'll take 10 seconds.

I had to wait an hour once our local branch was so busy.
A Sunday morning and there must have been hundreds of people buying guns all at the same time.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Saigas are Russian made, but I like seeing them in American hands better than Russian hands!

Plus, it still creates local commerce at the gunshop, and the gun range, and the ammo stores.

Plus, the more of these we have in the hands of law-abiding citizens, the less chance of violent crimes and the less chance of overbearing government and the less chance of foreign invasion.

Plus, the AK-47 is vastly superior to most other assault rifles in its dependability and durability. I would never waste 3x the price buying an AR platform when I can get the AK so cheaply and with equal or superiour performance!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join