It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 6 Something Huge Happened

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
This is the "eclipse finder" tool. (It doesn't seem to be relevant to a specific location on Earth).

Nothing for Novermber (bear in mind date is mm/dd/yy).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7e9160d4736.jpg[/atsimg]

However, is does say that there was a full new moon that day. Which means the Moon must have been near the Sun.
That program is finding eclipses visible from the surface of the earth. The SDO is in a geosynchronous orbit at an altitude of 22,000 miles (almost 3 times the diameter of the earth itself). So the eclipses it is subject to are different than what the surface of the earth is subject to. But, as you point out, it is still a requirement that the moon be in front of the earth with respect to the sun (since the SDO's orbit is still very well inside the orbit of the moon).

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Cheers.

That makes sense.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
This NASA page I found seems to agree with my "eclipse finder" tool. Except it says the 15 Jan instead of the 14th (no big deal).

But it doesn't mention a partial eclipse on the 6th either.

Now I'm interested...

NASA

No one is reading the older posts and they continue to speculate. Please look at the image below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff1579441299.jpg[/atsimg]

science.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 17-11-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mrgalleria

that looks like an effect from optical equipment. the sharp black darkness of the shadow differs from the lighter shading planets/moon-shadows cause...three frames of minor malfunction from equipment.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Why is it so hard to accept a partial solar eclipse?
They happen quite regularly.

With all these over the top threads and crazy theories, ATS is becoming a little like the boy who cried wolf.

One day something really significant will occur and nobody will take any notice...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I agree stop spreading all the gloom and doom before thoroughly researching all possibilities. It also annoys me that people are saying "oh well NASA's exceptional object blah blah blah" if you would have bothered to watch the NASA news conference they already said it was a young black hole they found 50 million light years from here. Come on people stop jumping on the most convenient explanation and RESEARCH.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What's even more depressing about the actions of some of our ATS brethren is that this still received about 15 additional flags even after it was proven to be just the Moon passing between the SDO spacecraft and the Sun.

I suppose people read the first post, assumed that the OP actually did his due diligence, then said "Yeah -- what IS that thing?", then flagged it, before proceeding to either:

1. Read the thread, or
2. Do their own research, rather than assuming the OP did his research (which he did not).

edit on 11/17/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join