It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 6 Something Huge Happened

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
People keep posting links to the NASA site for proof that this is the moon. eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov... can someone please screenshot and add a little arrow pointing to where exactly it shows Nov. 6th as a partial lunar eclipse? Im leaning more towards the lens as a more acceptable answer than that.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimistPrime
People keep posting links to the NASA site for proof that this is the moon. eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov... can someone please screenshot and add a little arrow pointing to where exactly it shows Nov. 6th as a partial lunar eclipse? Im leaning more towards the lens as a more acceptable answer than that.

I'm leaning towards the eclipse. You should really consider doing your own research rather than demanding other people do it for you. It took all of 2 minutes to bring this up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff1579441299.jpg[/atsimg]

science.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 16-11-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wow. What is happening here at ATS?
Looks like most people didnt even read the thread.
ET's blocking the solar flares? Lol!

Ive noticed reasonable explanations are becoming more and more ignored, or shunned here lately.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Please explain your reasons for doubting the explanation of a Lunar transit (eclipse) between the SDO spacecraft and the Sun? I mean, what is unbelievable about this explanation?

The Solar Dynamics Observatory website told us the day before that transit would happen -- and then it did, just as predicted:
sdoisgo.blogspot.com...

If you don't want to believe the SDO website, then perhaps you would believe Discover Magazine's website, where they did a story on the previous predicted SDO Lunar Transit from October 7th:
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

...and by the way -- another SDO Lunar transit is scheduled to occur on December 6th.

EDIT TO ADD:
I'm sorry -- I didn't realize you were talking about eclipses as seen from earth. This eclipse (transit) was only vieweble from the location in space that the SDO spacecraft was at the time. At any given time, there is someplace near the Earth-Moon system that the Moon would be blocking the Sun, partially or otherwise.
edit on 11/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Here's video of the lunar transit from November 6th:

The list you're lniking to is of eclipses visible from Earth. The SDO is not on earth. It is in a geosynchronous orbit around the earth at an altitude of about 22,000 miles. Hence, when the moon pases between it and the sun will be different than when the moon pases between the surface of the earth and the sun.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
Wow. What is happening here at ATS?
Looks like most people didnt even read the thread.
ET's blocking the solar flares? Lol!

Ive noticed reasonable explanations are becoming more and more ignored, or shunned here lately.

Didn't you know?

Reasonable explanations are too mundane, and therefore are not probable.
The "cool" explanations HAVE to be the correct explanations -- simply because they ARE cool.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The image wasn't taken from Earth - Soylent has already explained exactly what happened.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
okay guys ever heard of earthquake predictions on twitter? well seems like the same thing the way this guy sounds he thinks hes a scientist and just looking at weather maps? im sure nothing happened and nothing is gonna happen

reply to post by mrgalleria

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm from the UK (Great Britian) and on Thursday 11th of November, morning, mid-afternoon on the television programme, "House Of Parliment" which was on the "504" Channel on Sky Cable, one of the spokesman mentioned to the Speaker that there was an event to unfold and that it was an Electro Magnetic Storm that was heading for planet Earth which was detected by an Earth satelitte that had took data read-out's from an incoming large solar flare.

When one of the scientist's who represent's the National Space Centre for Astrophysics, was questioned "Does the planet Earth have substantial secruity and protecting against an incoming large solar flare" and the answer was neither yes nor no as the scientist, stuttered rapidly trying hard to try best not to "fear" the public and government.

As here was an example back in the year of 1859.

On September 1–2, 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Aurorae were seen around the world, most notably over the Caribbean; also noteworthy were those over the Rocky Mountains that were so bright that their glow awoke gold miners, who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning.[3]

Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed.[4] Telegraph pylons threw sparks and telegraph paper spontaneously caught fire. Some telegraph systems appeared to continue to send and receive messages despite having been disconnected from their power supplies.

LINK: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClairvoyant
When one of the scientist's who represent's the National Space Centre for Astrophysics, was questioned "Does the planet Earth have substantial secruity and protecting against an incoming large solar flare" and the answer was neither yes nor no as the scientist, stuttered rapidly trying hard to try best not to "fear" the public and government.

As here was an example back in the year of 1859...

It's actually quite well-known that a solar event similar to the 1859 event would cause wide-spread damage -- and perhaps destroy -- parts of our electrical grid, satellites, and electronics/communications infrastructure.

There was really no need for that scientist to worry about upsetting the public, since that information is out there, and the public doesn't seem upset about it yet. The lack of public concern is not as much a lack of information on the subject, but rather is most likely a case of "out of sight, out of mind".

Here is a BBC News video on the subject (ignore the advertisement and the interviewee's annoyingly low-cut blouse).:
news.bbc.co.uk...

and an article from NASA about the 1859 flare and the potential threat of flares in general:
science.nasa.gov...

edit on 11/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

The lack of public concern is not as much a lack of information on the subject, but rather is most likely a case of "out of sight, out of mind".

I don't think people take any of it seriously. If they knew it might cause x-factor interruptions then i'm sure they'd be having screaming fits
edit on 16-11-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am very narrow minded, so I will just assume it was a weather balloon or other man-made object.

Or... could have been a rogue planet, asteroid, or spherical craft.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think that it must of been one of the larger planets passing between the earth and sun, or else a large alien mother ship, passing near the sun.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think its Christ, on a shiny chariot of the God's, comin' for to carry us home. Lol, seriously, a very simple query of NASA 's website shows the moon transiting on the sixth, as pointed out by another poster. ATS is getting to a point where they should add "Deny Laziness" to there motto.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My dear friend,

Originally posted by darkest4
Am I the only one so sick of people with no expertise looking at earthquake graphs/sun pictures etc then coming here claiming they found some crazy event/conspiracy/doom indicator/whatever. And every single time it just ends up that the person doesn't know wtf they are talking about.

It could very well be possable that you [and I see a few others by star'ing you] are the only one sick of people's inabiltity to present, ask and learn. Is this not what ATS is all about, it does have a science/conspiracy forum about here somewhere

Please, if you're not a scientist with the authority to say something crazy is going on, stop spreading your ignorance every time you click your earthquake/sun/whatever bookmark and see something you don't know about. At least go to a forum for amateur astrologists/geologists w/e, they aren't hard to find use google, and ask them what it is before you come here with ridiculous thread titles and claims. Is it so much to ask you do like 5minutes of homework before spreading ignorance to other gullible and desperate folks?

People see things of " Interest " and share it with the community, they ask, present subjects, ask questions and seek advice of other's. By encouraging members to go to a forum to seek answers and not here is somewhat ignorant of the Terms and Policy here on ATS. 5 mintues of homework on presenting something of inerest is not a bad thing and certainly not ignorant to ATS Policy

Spiro
edit on 16-11-2010 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

edit on 16-11-2010 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

PLEASE show me the question in the OP. My post would not have come across as annoyed at all if the OP had made a legitimate question out of his thread title and post but no, heres what he said "On November 6,

2010, something big- huge happened.
But almost nobody saw it. It was the sun, and what partially blocked it's view-
www.youtube.com... "

All I see there is a CLAIM, and a bogus one at that. This was nothing "HUGE" and nothing "almost no body saw". It was something that happens every month.. and is quite mundane. There was no question here, there was a claim, theres a big difference.

The problem is the thread title, the video linked and post presented simply encourage ignorance rather than deny or even question it. This is proved in the fact that youve STILL got people coming into the thread suggesting its planet x, an alien blocking hte sun for us (lol) and so on.. even after its been debunked as just being the moon. Just as I predicted, the thread title/post encourage the type of folks who don't even read threads before chiming in. The folks that make ATS a laughing stock are those that will just make claims and theories that fit their worldview without even doing as much research as reading the thread to see it was already solved as something mundane.
edit on 16-11-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Or, someone dropped a penny on the telescope...haha.
But seriously, size is relative to distance, that's why the sun can be blocked out by the moon, even though the sun is - what, like 3000 times the size of earth?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Now wait.....we're pretty sure this isn't the giant mothership coming to hitch up to the moon and pull it to Planet X so the CERN scientist can land on it thru the wormhole they are currently creating with Elvis and Jim Morrison????? Me so confused

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I've got an older program called "Celestron's TheSky" and this is what is says. Certainly not Mercury or Venus. This is what it shows for 6th November, 2010.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65d2a3c7319f.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the "eclipse finder" tool. (It doesn't seem to be relevant to a specific location on Earth).

Nothing for Novermber (bear in mind date is mm/dd/yy).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7e9160d4736.jpg[/atsimg]

However, is does say that there was a full new moon that day. Which means the Moon must have been near the Sun.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99d7a30963c4.jpg[/atsimg]

Is this program inaccurate? Or has something up there (or us) moved a bit?
edit on 16/11/10 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think it's the Alul Xul's mothership, shaped like a diamond. There are other posts on ATS about a mysterious diamond shaped 'ship' orbiting the sun, and it is further proven by this Enchi sent messenger here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This NASA page I found seems to agree with my "eclipse finder" tool. Except it says the 15 Jan instead of the 14th (no big deal).

But it doesn't mention a partial eclipse on the 6th either.

Now I'm interested...

NASA

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join