It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 6 Something Huge Happened

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

Could not agree with you more. The problem is those who wish for an apocolyptic event believe that their lives are already miserable when in fact they have little idea what real misery is. Sure the world has problems but I do not wish for one second that the world will end or be thrown into chaos by some event. The world is a great place if you take the time to look for the positives and not focus on all the negatives. I used to feel the same way, but after a long time feeling this way I felt I was missing out on all the beauty of the world. My suggestion for those that wish the world to end is to get away from people for a week. Go somewhere beautiful that people have yet to destroy (mountains, boreal forests, secluded area near the ocean or something) and just enjoy it for what it is. It really helped me get over those feelings.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Mayans freaked out when the moon and sun crossed paths... Seems that even science and technology has failed to change that.

Maybe in 2012 the human race will collectively scare itself to death?

The result of internet spread of hysteria and extreme paranoia over a series of completely natural and harmless events being portrayed as something else, something far more dangerous!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
oh right, meaning all the predictions were right!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
post by mrgalleria

It's the moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reply to
edit on 16-11-2010 by sephto because: (no reason given)

kix

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Sorry nothing will happen, the guys in charge of this planet will continue to keep us thinking, we are alone in the universe, that God and predictions are true and keep those who believe quite busy.

I was in NY that day and had great sun and a perfect normal day, in fact yesterday I was editing my HD video and thinking what a great sunny day.

If you want to believe doomsday is near, prepare and dont bother to spread the panic.

I for one will be enjoying life till I die, no matter if its a disease, Niburu or a banana on the floor

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Remember that circular ridge that was forming on the sun in october?

Well...that part burned out and what you are seeing is a portion of that on the face. The other part is on the farside not visible.

Fortunately that area re-ignited

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by rusethorcain

Until Phage or someone shows up

I think i'm gonna puke.

Why people abdicate responsibility for personal knowledge acquisition to others they have never met or know anything about is beyond me.

You are probably just as good at typing a search query into google as phage or rag tag band of gullible followers are..why not do it yourself?

OT, this is either the 'lunar transit' spoke of elsewhere, or it's a half engaged telescope filter. If there were an object, near the sun that was almost as large as the sun itself, we would have seen it for ourselves by now.

Wow, sensing some hostility?
Phage does bring this out in people.
People with low self confidence and jealousy issues. Counting about 8 of you so far. Thank goodness, any more and we would reach a tipping point.

Sure I could look the information up myself but, I probably wouldn't know what I was seeing, what I was looking for or, what it was I eventually posted.
I agree he is no charmer (he has a funny side but if you blink you miss it) but he is a quick trip to accuracy.

I am not so full of myself or proud I will not seek the legitimate information from reliable sources available to me now. I don't know how old you are but, I don't have all the time in the world to get jerked around.

I do not always believe Phage...between you and I - I think he is a plant for NASA, but that is beside the point.
I would never deny myself or cast aside the best information out of sheer pride.
This is how wars start and countries fall.

My best guess - It is the moon.

edit on 16-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
this is so weird. What (sky or artificial) object could block the sun like that? The transit of Mercury or Venus before the sun create ridiculous dots on its surface.

The Moon is responsible for our common widely known eclipses that SEEM to block the sun like that but from a totally different distance...

en.wikipedia.org...:Geometry_of_a_Total_Solar_Eclipse.svg

the scale of whatever could block the sun like that is just... unbelievable.
Worst case: hoax.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hello all. here is a link that will tell you all about eclipses.
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

After reviewing the thread, my opinion is... A partial eclipse. I will look into it further.

Happy posting all.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mrgalleria

Okay..here is the odd thing..I live in Georgia...sort of north Ga..we are about 30 minutes north of Atlanta. I go to starbucks..every morning, its a morning routine...and on Saturday's my girls (ages 3 and 9) get treated with starbucks..I get coffee, they get a pastry and vanilla milk. Anyway, so on this morning, November 6th I got up, got dressed and they stayed at home with their daddy watching cartoons and playing together, they were making a fort with blankets and pillows. Anyway...So, I'm driving down the road, the starbucks is literally 0.8 miles from my house. It was cloudy and I was heading down Hwy 92, going NE. It would have been anywhere from 9-10am in the morning. There were clouds in the sky, it was cloudy, but I'm looking out my car window obviously and there was this huge circle in the sky...I've seen the sun before, when its behind clouds..you know what I mean? like when the clouds kind of make a filter over the sun? you can see the sunlight coming from behind..but the sun itself is a shadowed circle? that was what this looked like..but it was much different..I remembered looking at it and thinking..I'd love to take a picture of this, it looked different. When I got home, the clouds were in a different position and you could no longer see it. But it was very odd looking. You can look at my posts..i'm not one to subscribe to Nibiru, or planet X, etc. But this looked different to me. Afterwards, we got on with our day and I didn't bother with it because..I mean..I didn't get a picture and I just chalked it up to my own imagination. Which it may have still well have been,

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My dear friend,

Originally posted by darkest4
Am I the only one so sick of people with no expertise looking at earthquake graphs/sun pictures etc then coming here claiming they found some crazy event/conspiracy/doom indicator/whatever. And every single time it just ends up that the person doesn't know wtf they are talking about.

It could very well be possable that you [and I see a few others by star'ing you] are the only one sick of people's inabiltity to present, ask and learn. Is this not what ATS is all about, it does have a science/conspiracy forum about here somewhere

Please, if you're not a scientist with the authority to say something crazy is going on, stop spreading your ignorance every time you click your earthquake/sun/whatever bookmark and see something you don't know about. At least go to a forum for amateur astrologists/geologists w/e, they aren't hard to find use google, and ask them what it is before you come here with ridiculous thread titles and claims. Is it so much to ask you do like 5minutes of homework before spreading ignorance to other gullible and desperate folks?

People see things of " Interest " and share it with the community, they ask, present subjects, ask questions and seek advice of other's. By encouraging members to go to a forum to seek answers and not here is somewhat ignorant of the Terms and Policy here on ATS. 5 mintues of homework on presenting something of inerest is not a bad thing and certainly not ignorant to ATS Policy

Can a mod please lock or change this thread title before this thread gets out of hand cause a million "believers" swarm in, don't read the replies that already debunked this or ignore them, and start preaching doom and nibiru and w/e else... Ya probably wont happen, well have fun with you 50 pages of sillyness]

Sillyness comes in all forms, just as I writing this now.

Be safe be well, love and loved my friend!

Spiro
edit on 16-11-2010 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

edit on 16-11-2010 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm gonna stick with lens on this one guys, I was out and about on the 6th and not once noticed something like this in the sky. So whoever took those pictures obviously had their lens offset or something, giving the illusion of an object covering the Sun. Or even the Moon for that matter, nothing to cry conspiracy about.
edit on 11/16/2010 by Ihsahn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Kinda getting a little freaked out now

Sun rise & sun set here in the UK has moved, If i look out of my front of the house window i could always watch the sun set regardless of time of year winter summer all year round i could always see it set...always, now it sets behind the row of houses i live on out the front window WTF?

Reports of the moon has tilted? reports of huge object near the sun?

There was also reports on RT about strange weather in russia being 10 degrees hotter than usal and i just caught something about odd weather in Isreal but flicked over,
edit on 16-11-2010 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ1969
Hello all. here is a link that will tell you all about eclipses.
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

After reviewing the thread, my opinion is... A partial eclipse. I will look into it further.

Happy posting all.

It's the Moon getting between the Solar Dynamics Orbiter (SDO) spacecraft (which took the picture) and the Sun.

So, yes -- it was a partial eclipse, but not an eclipse that was visible from earth. This particular eclipse was visible from the location in space that the SDO spacecraft was at that time.

I don't normally link to my own posts, but it seems as if not too many people are reading it, and in my humble opinion, it seems extremely relevant to the topic of this thread (i.e., I think it explains it)...
...so here is my post from the previous page in which this is explained:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11/16/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wakinup13

This thread mentioned it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepafogo
reply to post by RamsOnTop

Could not agree with you more. The problem is those who wish for an apocolyptic event believe that their lives are already miserable when in fact they have little idea what real misery is. Sure the world has problems but I do not wish for one second that the world will end or be thrown into chaos by some event. The world is a great place if you take the time to look for the positives and not focus on all the negatives. I used to feel the same way, but after a long time feeling this way I felt I was missing out on all the beauty of the world. My suggestion for those that wish the world to end is to get away from people for a week. Go somewhere beautiful that people have yet to destroy (mountains, boreal forests, secluded area near the ocean or something) and just enjoy it for what it is. It really helped me get over those feelings.

You have not heard of the Essenes have you?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I checked different dates and views, but I couldn't find any such glitches. Not sure what he's looking at.
sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

On a personal note, something absolutley horrible happened to me and my husband that day, my sweet wonderful pitbull, Honeybear, died. She was 14. We miss her so much. (Sorry for off topic, that date just stands out)

Oh hon I am so sorry.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
The Mayans freaked out when the moon and sun crossed paths... Seems that even science and technology has failed to change that.

Maybe in 2012 the human race will collectively scare itself to death?

The result of internet spread of hysteria and extreme paranoia over a series of completely natural and harmless events being portrayed as something else, something far more dangerous!

So you mean normal bedtime at Chez Justaposter?!
Easy peasy! 2112 will be a cakewalk. Just waltz in and turn off all qizmos, round up all phones for shut off and close the door and relaaaaaaaaaaaaax for Mommy

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm going with camera filter unless someone can explain to me the science involved that enabled the moon to become transparent.

Wow the moons not just hollow its transparent too! You can see the suns circumference through the dark area.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Kinda getting a little freaked out now

Sun rise & sun set here in the UK has moved, If i look out of my front of the house window i could always watch the sun set regardless of time of year winter summer all year round i could always see it set...always, now it sets behind the row of houses i live on out the front window WTF?

Reports of the moon has tilted? reports of huge object near the sun?

There was also reports on RT about strange weather in russia being 10 degrees hotter than usal and i just caught something about odd weather in Isreal but flicked over,
edit on 16-11-2010 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

I confirm that there is strange weather also here in Sofia, Bulgaria. It started on 6-th November with summer hot weekend. Then on 8-th November , Monday the day started with beautiful double rainbow visible all over the city for more than 2 hours. After that severe south wind appeared and stayed for next 3 days (like 30-50 mph). After that we have again summer weather with all time temperature records including today. This was absolutely abnormal weather at all. Normally November here is rainy and cold.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join