It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Wrong ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Okay after just reading through one forum, lurking, and checking random threads that looked interesting to me
i've been noticing as of late that so many ATS users are being general bullies/trolls/flamers... If we expect to deny ignorance, then why is this form so prevalent in our forums?? People generally being rude, using sarcasm to insult someones intelligence on a thread where someone is asking a simple question that they would like to know information about... What happens? They get insulted, or someones general sarcasm is directed towards them to make them feel smaller and less significant...

I know we all have different beliefs, opinions, and feelings.
but isnt that what we are here for?
to combine them to get the most logical reasoned answer to the questions that we ask ourselves everyday that the rest of the general population is too afraid to ask?
Whats going to happen is, people are going to stop asking questions in fear of being ridiculed here, and its going to be the same as walking down the street in public speaking about alternative topics, and people looking at you like you are a nut!

Im just asking everyone here, if we can please put the keyboard to good use and help each other...
If you don't agree with something someone says, why cant you just post your opinion (in a non-threatening manner) and state your reasons..

Example

Q: "Hi all i was looking for some information on the recent anomaly spotted on the sun"

Whack Answer

A: "UHH MISSILE, SKYDIVER, RC PLANE"

Acceptable Answer

A: "It seems to me like a strange sunspot"

Seriously.....

this is getting way too old and i have heard from other members that it is turning them away from the site because they expect to see intelligent conversation, and instead are faced with a growing stupidity and ignorance. Which is put forth by members who have nothing better to do than troll on a website that seeks truth.

is it that hard to create a logical response?

I just hope this problem gets resolved very soon

thank you
- NeoAstra

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That's what happens when you have more traffic than.....

and I quote ....

foxsports.com
thesmokinggun.com
popularmechanics.com
zdnet.com
bbc.com
technorati.com
breitbart.tv
gigaom.com

We have to be right on the heels of 4chan....

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
That's what happens when you have more traffic than.....

and I quote ....

foxsports.com
thesmokinggun.com
popularmechanics.com
zdnet.com
bbc.com
technorati.com
breitbart.tv
gigaom.com

We have to be right on the heels of 4chan....

Right, I would say start banning people for a small amount of time, then gradually increase the time for every offense after that?
or maybe a three strike rule for flamers,
flame once: 24 hour ban
twice: 3 day ban
third time: infinite ban.
dunno, just my two cents

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think you're right. This is a good thread. But the problem is, is that people in general do not respect another persons comments regardless of what they might be. Just yesterday I made a comment ( with exaggeration and sarcasm ) and I was attacked being labeled as a "genocidal maniac"?
Because not everyone has the same views, if you're one of those who doesn't agree with the threads comments, you are blatantly attacked and judged?
Seems to me that those who instantly judge or label, are actually just trying to instigate some type of "keyboard war" instead of listening and understanding other perspectives.
As proof or evidence to substantiate my claim of this, take a look at this ATS thread in which I responded. My first sarcastic response is the third response made.

abovetopsecret.com...

And from that moment on, I was attacked. If you read all of my posts thereafter, ( only 3 maybe 4 total ) the last post you will see for yourself my views.

lt's truly a shame that the freedom of speech is no longer recognized.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
I think you're right. This is a good thread. But the problem is, is that people in general do not respect another persons comments regardless of what they might be. Just yesterday I made a comment ( with exaggeration and sarcasm ) and I was attacked being labeled as a "genocidal maniac"?
Because not everyone has the same views, if you're one of those who doesn't agree with the threads comments, you are blatantly attacked and judged?
Seems to me that those who instantly judge or label, are actually just trying to instigate some type of "keyboard war" instead of listening and understanding other perspectives.
As proof or evidence to substantiate my claim of this, take a look at this ATS thread in which I responded. My first sarcastic response is the third response made.

abovetopsecret.com...

And from that moment on, I was attacked. If you read all of my posts thereafter, ( only 3 maybe 4 total ) the last post you will see for yourself my views.

lt's truly a shame that the freedom of speech is no longer recognized.

I totally understand your viewpoint, there is a difference between joking sarcasm and insulting sarcasm.

its completely ridiculous how people will jump the gun just to get their say in. The funny thing is that its not their views, they are just doing it solely to start an argument on a thread...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoAstra

Right, I would say start banning people for a small amount of time, then gradually increase the time for every offense after that?
dunno, just my two cents

Let me play the devils advocate here....

What will a ban accomplish? Someone can just sign up for another account.

Ban the IP? Plenty of ways around that too.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Aint that the truth?

Would serve no purpose in all true reality~

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

Originally posted by NeoAstra

dunno, just my two cents

Let me play the devils advocate here....

What will a ban accomplish? Someone can just sign up for another account.

Ban the IP? Plenty of ways around that too.

Well yes there are loopholes, but i doubt that the people that get banned for it have the knowledge to get around those walls.
If they sign up for another account? wouldnt they troll or bully again?
if they did then they would just be banned again?
ATS would just have to get more mods to check around.
i would gladly do it if given the chance as im sure most people who are as sick of it as i am would.

edit on 15-11-2010 by NeoAstra because: added

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAstra

Actually the Admin has the ability to ban an IP address. By starting another account with that same address will only get the " new " account banned as well. But there so many programs out there that hide your IP address, and believe it or not, but most on ATS know how to hide their tracks.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Actually the Admin has the ability to ban an IP address. By starting another account with that same address will only get the " new " account banned as well. But there so many programs out there that hide your IP address, and believe it or not, but most on ATS now how to hide their tracks.

thats just diappointing...
i wish there was a way something could be done..
it seems its impossible, but theres gotta be a way
and i leave that to ATS admin...

i simply ask that people be more levelheaded and respectful here on the forums.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
One could easily see the quality of the posts going downhill rapidly when they ditched the 'Ignore Button'. It's like they want to waste your time by subjecting you to this mindless slop.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
One could easily see the quality of the posts going downhill rapidly when they ditched the 'Ignore Button'. It's like they want to waste your time by subjecting you to this mindless slop.

Ignore button needs to be brought back...
I think they didnt think it through when removing it..

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Okay after just reading through one forum, lurking, and checking random threads that looked interesting to me i've been noticing as of late that so many ATS users are being general bullies/trolls/flamers.

I've been noticing it too & not just on ATS though, a lot of times in the comment section of blogs/articles etc. as well.

Usually I just leave as soon as I see this, but the other day I really wanted to get other people's views so I read through to the end of the comments on a news article & felt like I had just been through a bettleground!

At first I thought it was just a few negative/nasty/hateful people, but it has become so rampant now that it feels overwhelming.

I don't know what it is...in this "end time" of seperating the dark from the light forces before we move into the next age of "Awareness/Awakening/Enlightenmentare"...are the dark forces taking over more people?...is the dark in some people coming to the surface?...or...could it be purposely directed by people for the dark forces that be?

Apparently they invest a lot of energy into having people infiltrate forums/blogs etc. for the specific purpose of discrediting people who are speaking up with the truth or questioning the way things are so that others won't listen to them & to harass them so much so as to get them to quit trying to learn/spread the truth.

With ATS having such a large volume of traffic, I can certainly see how they would be especially targeted.

What to do? I dunno.

It was a lot easier reading threads when ATS had the "Ignore" button, but now that it's gone...I am another one who is just about ready to call it quits.

Of course, that's just what they want...not ATS...I mean the dark ones, the "controllers".

There's really not much point in me staying with ATS as there is very little worth reading now that it has degraded to such an extent.

HOWEVER...there ARE other ways & it won't be long now before they lose their power/influence & be gone for good, once & for all!

They are crumbling fast & have lost already...they always do...they just won't give up trying to beat the Light, though...trying to take control of everything from God.

I just don't understand them.

PS: I forgot to mention that another one of their tactics is to do this to distract truthseekers & keep their energy embroiled in arguing/responding to them rather than out in the truth/light & connecting with others in the truth/light.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Maiden PEI because: To add an afterthought.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Does anyone know why we can't give stars in this thread?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maiden PEI

It's the whole "Board business" forum.
Stars are not available in this particular forum.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maiden PEI

I enjoy your input on this..
i encourage you to see through it and not leave us here
we could use another open minded respectful person here.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Mods, i didnt quite know where to post this thread so if you could move it to somewhere more proper, i would greatly appreciate it

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Oh, ok, I didn't know...thanx!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yes Mods. I agree, this should be a Rant. I asked some similar questions sometime ago about the purpose of ATS and you put it over to Rant.

I do believe there are too many immature people on this site just looking to get attention or reaction by spouting some outragous post.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Thank-you, I appreciate yourt feedback.

I applaud your effort in trying to resolve the problem.

I'll stick around for a little while longer.

Let's see where this goes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join