It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you HOPE something will happen in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
With all the hype, I hope something happens... I doubt it would be any different than any other day though, maybe something smaller will happen, but a world wide event, I'm not so sure...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Totally agree, didn't your mamma tell you that you have to clean up your own messes.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I hope that nothing of apocalyptic proportions happens in 2012 nor in other year. Although it is inevitable that someday a disaster strikes, but it will not be 2012 as didn't in millenium. People are just waiting some answers and saviour from outside sources, yet they fail to see that they themselves are the problem.

Not all are angry of something. I found that most "distress posters" project their own anxiety to "everyone else".

There are quite many people who are happy and content. From small streams develop a great river.

-v

edit on 17-11-2010 by v01i0 because: 932

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyFox_79

Personally, I'm going to be nothing short of devastated if nothing happens in 2012. This place is so boring. There's no magick; there's no mystery. Whether it's aliens, a Pole Shift, or Cthulhu, I just hope that *something* happens.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar

Personally, I'm going to be nothing short of devastated if nothing happens in 2012. This place is so boring. There's no magick; there's no mystery. Whether it's aliens, a Pole Shift, or Cthulhu, I just hope that *something* happens.

Im going to agree and dis agree with the post above.

I hope something happens (although not horrible but good and beautiful) because the world needs to change

This place is amazing with lots of magic and mystery. Make the most of it, enjoy it and be great-full for it

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I believe that part of the reason people hope something happens is to avoid eating crow, which is what many people are going to be doing.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

After reading numerous, perhaps even every 2012 theory under the sun, one thing I find in common with almost every one of them is a wondrous outcome, the unveiling of truths, or unity and harmony. A changing of our ways which I think is greatly needed.

I appreciate your optimism. It is indeed refreshing. But... I think we'll need more than a sunny disposition to weather the coming stormy years ahead.

Is it prophesy? Will it be some amazing event like a passing brown dwarf or the arrival of ET? Maybe... I won't rule it out. But I do personally think that, at least in part, whatever happens will be the result of our civilization acting as agents of their own fears.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is a semi-covert effort to force-feed globalism and what many refer to as the NWO. Many of the world's current problems are therefore artificially generated. The forced alterations to the natural progression/evolution of our society has now run contrary to its normal direction. Like a car that has left the roadway, our ride has become rough and we may well smack into something that will bring us to a sudden stop.

Well, one brief glance is enough to see how the adulterated course of events look bound for some sort of junction in the near future. Israel-Iran. North Korea, China-Taiwan. Pakistan-India. Rogue nuclear powers. Illegal immigration. Economic collapse. Food shortages due to using grains to create fuel. Formerly democratic governments chipping away at freedoms of their populations. Islamic radicalism. Political fracturing.

Where does it all meet? Late 2012 works as well as anything else... though it may or may not happen that way. But it could. It would all come to a head and the world would spiral down into a horrid morass of war, hunger, civil unrest, government corruption, racial and religious strife, disease...

Of course, having Jesus or ET or the Mahdi descend from the clouds at that moment to save us from ourselves... would also leave us completely subservient to whatever or whoever came along. We would then do as we were told or...

But you know, maybe I'm wrong. I've been waiting for the Age of Aquarius to arrive since 1968.

Peace

edit on 20-11-2010 by redoubt because: Typos

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I hope enough happens to make people wake up to the real world and see what is going on. I guess that is asking too much if you think about. Half the people on Earth would have to die just to get half of what was left to wake up and smell the coffee. And they would fall back to sleep and right back into the same old mess.

2012 will be what it will be. I am at the point that I really just do not care any more. The sad part of that is I bet I am not the only one feeling that way.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst that's always been my mojo......and yes I personally do hope for something to happen (benevolent races coming down to save us from ourselves
)
We need something happen to push us forward as a whole.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I just wrote a whole bunch of crap to have my computer freeze.

Nothing will be gained by getting paranoid and raising defenses to a level of intolerance.
I hope something does happen. I hope it is very revealing on all levels... from cosmic origins to the true colors of each individual self and if it becomes unfair somehow on any side, maybe one of the most important things we CAN do is develop spiritually and remember karma and let go of our preconceived resistance's. This doesn't mean I will willingly succumb to sketchy principles... because I believe there is a lot to be said about principle in the grand scheme of all things, not just this world or any other.

To be prepared would be nice especially if some know that something is in the works and more could be salvaged by everyone knowing.. or perhaps they are in disbelief themselves... or perhaps they DO believe and feel there is nothing to fear... or perhaps they do believe that something will happen but feel they need to cannibalize their resources including part of the population. THAT is what people are most concerned about, I think. That is why even though if something happens, whatever happens, there is no point in fighting... the very thought that some know of the last scenario and the fact that WHATEVER scenario there is and still saying nothing... it will divide spiritual karma of all involved and I think that is the idea that some want to get across to the government if they know something. It's like the mouse giving the finger to the eagle when he knows his fate is sealed. It will be a case of "I told you so" in the afterlife for those who wanted truth and did not get it from those in power... regardless of what happens unless they are certain there is nothing to fear or have absolutely no freaking idea. that is the only scenario that will excuse them. I don't think they can make that call and I think they know something and are just not letting it be processed by the spiritual collective on this planet and it is getting way late in the game.

When it comes to disinformation... this is more about principle, less about the material outcome.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Kind of same here, about not caring anymore. But in a way there has come a few positive things out of it before reaching that mind-set. I've become more aware of the helpless modern man by facing the fact that I am one of them/us

Send modern man back to the stoneage, and imagine him being questioned about our doings of present day...
"Well, we watch a lot of television.."
"Sounds nice, can you build us one?"
"Umm..."

There are so many things around that I have taken for granted, just to face how helpless I'd be if it suddenly seized to exist. Not that I fear it will, but as a matter of principe. Would be kind of nice not panicking say without electricity. I should not be overly dependent of things I can't build or create.
Already living happily without TV or refrigerator, growing a part of my own food. Not quite at the point of building a concrete bunker, head wrapped in tin-foil, just common sense. Walking with eyes open, being more aware. Creates a very positive attitude towards the future and life in general.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I made a post to this thread earlier and now I am updating it. With all that is happening and with everything that is on track to happen I am starting to hope the world does end in 2012. I am sick to my stomach at what this world is becoming. I am to the point of being ashamed to be called human. I do not know what has become of us and I do not think there is any going back. At this rate in a very short time our world and whole way of life is going to change and that has nothing to do with 2012. TPBT are out to kill or control everyone and everything. It is like some B-movie where some fool is bent on world domination. I and starting to feel like I am some extra in a badly written movie. The things happening just seem so unreal. If anyone had told me of this mess 10 years ago or even 5 years ago I would have laughed at them. Now I am not laughing.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I don't hope anything, but I was thinking.....

The bloodthirsty Janet Napolitano will be exposed for being a demon alien creature from an alien hell planet who's favorite delicacy is barbecued young human.

In 2012 there will be another false flag attack then Janet Napolitano will clamp down on the free movement of all humans and certain areas of the U.S. will have a blackout of all communications supposedly due to the false flag attack, but that will really just be to cover up what is really happening. They will lie about how many died so they can kill some & kidnap others to be used how they see fit. Those who are old, leaders or who might fight back will be put in FEMA camps where they''ll be slowly starved & poisoned until they are eventually killed. The young and those with the right DNA traits will be shipped off to Neapolitano's alien hell home world planet where some will be immediately eaten while others will be bread like cattle for both food and other slave functions such as manual laborers & entertainers.

That's why there are so many wars now, it allows Janet and her demon non humans to harvest thousands of people and then blame their deaths on the WAR. The treaty between humans and non humans in regards to human harvest quotas expires or is breached in 2012. They have agreed to keep quiet about the harvests & the non humans have agreed to their quotas.

Wake up get a clue, you are all nothing but labor & food. 2012 is just when everything will come to a head be ready, be eaten or just accept your role like good cattle.

edit on 7-12-2010 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I personally don't hope for some event that would kill thousands of millions of people, though I can kind of see where others who are hoping for 2012 are coming from. It would be great if the masses suddenly woke up, and moved back to nature. There would most likely be an uprising, and we would reach a point of true freedom. Our leaders would be gone, and many people believe it would be a serene anarchy.

The problem is, the media makes the apocalypse out to be something that is great, and that we could all live peacefully. Nobody wants to think that people would turn to canibalism if they have no knowledge of how to grow food or hunt. Others with high morals would starve. There would be more senseless killings than there are in the world today over water and supplies instead of ipods and TV's. More people would become sick and die...etc. It seems like many people overlook this.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, I've read about the ascension and the shift of dimension/consciousness and let me tell you...if that's real... HELL YEAH!, I do hope it happens!

Even a doomsday would do it for me. This life is boring and corrupted. Looking at our future and our present, I can't see any good coming out of it. The Illuminati/globalists...I hate them. I prefer dying under the lava of a volcano, than have my freedom taken away.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I do not want anything at all to happen,but i also would like to be alive if something like this ever does happen.
We live in a always changing world and huge events are bound to happen from time to time.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AbandonFaieth

Why do you guys think you'll survive? If something cataclysmic happens, and there is a "cleansing of society" (okay Slobodan Milosevic), wouldn't you most likely be dead too? Or your kids? Or everyone you've ever known? Why would anyone want something horrific to happen? Because other people are corrupt or greedy? Live your own life, worry about your own morals. You can fight those people getting into power, but you shouldn't wish death upon them. At least that's my opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join