It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neon trees that help with CO2 problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Now here is an interesting article about a new discovery. They actually managed to make glowing in the dark trees that not only could be a substitute for street lamps but could also help out with the carbon emission problems

Link to article : gizmodo.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wow pretty cool.

The need for not using electricity for these trees, will not make the Elite very happy. Since they Own Edison.

And if energy can be produced VIA C02 then what is to stop people from changing it into a type of generator?

I can see the implementations of the trees and I would like them up. I just don't know if it will happen anytime soon.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Quickfix because: It was posted to early.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix

And if energy can be produced VIA C02 then what is to stop people from changing it into a type of generator?

edit on 15-11-2010 by Quickfix because: It was posted to early.

Well I do not think they can produce energy , by consuming CO2 . From what I understand in order for them to glow , or maybe a better wording would be , because of the fact that they glow , they consume more co2 in order to be able to glow . As in they need more energy for photosynthesis because of the luminescence.

But still , the fact that we could cut power consumption down by changing street lamps for trees and cut CO2 in the atmosphere at the same time , sounds like a great idea

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

IF, they produce light from C02, that seems to me like an energy equation.

It may not be involved with the tree directly, but could be built off of the idea.

I still think the trees would be a good idea, I just don't see it happening since the bankers own the Edison power company.

We can dream though. It would be nice to have a park full of those trees. Maybe make different colors too? A purple tree would certainly be an interesting sight

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The plant is not a "tree." It is a water veggie.

The plant would be great for illuminating small ponds though. . .

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Co2 is needed for life on this planet.

top topics

join