It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your messy house = your state of mind?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I am a bit of a clean and tidy freak. Luckily, I live in a new build, so everything is pretty immaculate and is just a matter of maintaining. The reason I am this way is because I find clutter really depressing and can't concentrate as well if theres mess around me. I work from home so I am here a lot. Its important for it to be in order. I am into feng shui but only the basics. Everything has a home in my home. Even my shoes have boxes.

I love this board though and although I find some threads absolutely bonkers, it makes for fascinating reading. I often read my skeptical hubby things I find and he can't believe that there are people out there who believe in reptillians and have a conspiracy theory for everything. Don't know if where that means I fall on your scale... I'm probably like a 9 but I do have an open mind and think theres a lot more to this life and world than meets the eye.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Treacherous

I have one magical room in my house , try as I might to empty it ........ it mysteriously fills back up .

I daydream of living in a minimalist glass box suspended from a tree .......

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I would say my home is between 7 - 8! My desk and computer area is immaculate - would give that a 10 ( I don't eat at my computer, I hate crumbs in my keyboard). My favoite forums/threads - Solar Activty, earthquakes, volcanos and anything related in breaking news. I also like Govt Conspiracies, UFO's ( always taken with a grain of salt), the paranormal, science and technology.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My room is crazy half the time and organized & clean the other half. That pretty much describes my brain...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

HA ! That would be me, 10 on the neatness, spotless, etc. 8 as far as conspiracy theory. If someone picks up something and moves it a 1/2 inch I freak ! If my hubby drips a drop of coffee on the counter in the morning, that constitutes a MESS ! Aliens and UFOs are interesting for sure but, I need more proof. 9/11 I wasn't sure but, with Bldg. 7, I am convinced it was a false flag. The government has done so many insane things, I put nothing past them... So depressed huh ? Who the hell knows ?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well I am a neat freak lol I like everything organized and in it's place. My closet and drawers are stylized and color coordinated. When I had my own place my books were categorized with my version of the dewy decimal system
I LOVE organization. To me it's a challenge, like a puzzle.

I have always been this way, my house is spotless and organized, now my mind is a mess
It's all over the place!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Can I come and live with you please?
It sounds great!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well since we are being categorized,. here ya go
The house,. usually a 7 to 8
My office a 6,
The bedroom
a 8, always my clothes on the floor
and I get yelld at daily
My transportation 7
I dont worry about the little things, dont care if the grass has a few weeds
Transportation has dents,. dont care, it's a work truck.
not the most superficial house on the block, but it is a fortress.
easy going lifestyle and an efficient problem solver, and thats how I get paid

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm a 7 or 8. Clean with pockets of small clutter. I mean, I plead guilty to having an 8 year old.

I'll say clean is more important than clutter, IMO, unless I'm tripping over clutter - like legos or a light saber.

My big indicator though is work space, like a desk, a kitchen counter or a garage. Mild clutter indicates busy-ness and multi-tasking. Extreme clutter indicates poor organization and a lack of focus. Too clean and you are too focused on the small stuff and other people's opinions than the work at hand.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Interesting topic.

My personal opinion is that the state of your dwelling is a reflection of how you feel inside, and thus how motivated you are to change it.

But what do I know, I'm a crazy old fella.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I have two kids...so no my home is never totaly spotless. Its clean and homely, thats good enough for me.

I have to admit though, if it becomes too untidy it can get a bit depressing. I'm not talking medicaly depressing, just a bit much.

Same with my shoes, i like my shoes to be clean when i go out and i think that stems from my army instructor who always used to say, "Shiney shoes, shiney mind!".

If you are into getting your house organized, theres a site called "Fly Lady", she adopts the same kind of attitude and it all centres around your kitchen sink being sparkling at all times.

www.flylady.net...

Don't ask me how i know about the above site.

CX.

I rarely post but i saw this thread as i was going through others and thought i'd read into it a bit.
I have serious issues with keeping a clean house....i believe my depression and my need to get a pat on the back everytime i do something that i should be doing anyways keeps me from keeping my house clean. So needless to say my house stays between a 5 and 9 .....it is embarrassing to say the least. My kids are older now and want more company so sometimes i'm sitting here and suddenly theres 4 or more strange kids in my living room standing amongst the clutter! *screams*

So i've checked out this website....seeing as how my husband has gone this long with the mess, he can go a few more weeks for me to get to the end of it. Thank you so much for posting this...will see how it goes...wish me luck and thanks again! *takes off to go shine the sink*

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Can I come and live with you please?
It sounds great!

LOL as long as you are tidy

My friends always tease me at how I keep my home. Everything and I mean everything is organized lol I organize cabinets, pantries and the fridge lol My spices because I have so many are alphabetized lol Yes I know that is bad but when you have almost 100 it helps. I won't lie I have some OCD lol

Its funny though, the only thing I can't seem to keep organized is my car! It's always a mess lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join