It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage a “Papa Grizzly?”: Says it’s time for a European Tea Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Farage was just voted leader of his party, UKIP (United Kingdom Independence Party), and it is what Farage and others label as the political party version of the American Tea Party, in other words, the British Tea Party for those disaffected British conservatives who feel let down by the Tories:

‘The big difference between us is that the tea party legislates within the Republican party whereas UKIP legislates outside the established parties…but the feeling that we are being overtaxed, over-governed, not being listened to, yes. There is increasingly a feeling that you don’t really get a choice…really on the big issues there aren’t many differences. That’s what it’s got in common.’

UKIP is now embracing the tea party movement. In fact, the British media called Farage part of the “Momma Grizzly contingent” and asked, “Is he going rogue?”

This comes at the same time as this:

EC President Herman van Rompuy has walked into a wall of criticism after calling Euroscepticism 'a lie' in a speech on Wednesday.

Mr van Rompuy – famously branded a "damp rag" by UKIP Leader Nigel Farage – told a German audience: "We have together to fight the danger of a new Euro-scepticism. This is not longer the monopoly of a few countries.

"In every member state, there are people who believe their country can survive alone in the globalised world. It is more than an illusion: it is a lie!

"Today’s nationalism is often not a positive feeling of pride of one’s own identity, but a negative feeling of apprehension of the others. The time of the homogenous nation-state is over."

Responding to van Rompuy's comments, Mr Farage said: "Mr van Rompuy is unfit to govern. As I warned last year, this man is an overpaid catastrophe who wants to abolish our nation. The only non-nation is Belgium, his own country."

"Nation states will not disappear because they are the expression of peoples' will. The EU is swimming against the tide of history. The number of nation states in the world is increasing all the time."

Mr. Farage is a champion of democracy, liberty, and euroskepticism. He stood up courageously to the EU dictator van Rumpoy and refused to apologize to the scumbag and now he wants to turn his party, the UK Independence Party, into a populist Libertarian/Conservative movement. Of course the UKIP would not be the same as the Tea Party because our two cultures are different but rather it would emulate the general philosophy of limited government, national sovereignty, Cultural conservatism, and anti-elitism.

Nigel Farage may not be widely liked across the EU and the UK but he has continuously stood up and defended the independence, integrity, liberty, and prosperity of the British citizens against globalist tyranny. I can only hope that if his movement does come to fruition it will have a very serious impact on British political culture and awaken the masses to the threats posed by big brother government and the globalist agenda.

cubachi.com...
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.ukip.org...
www.ukip.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
OMG this video is high comedy.

I'm laughing so hard right now.

It's like a cat fight.

merrrrrowwwwww, fsk, fsk

It's great seeing these old guys get all snippy.

Now I have to wipe coffee off my screen.
Thanks.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
UKIP = BNP with blazers on.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

I do not believe that at all. The BNP is White nationalist and Fascist while the UKIP is Nationalist and Libertarian.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

I guess you have never taken the time to read what UKIP or the BNP's policies are. While there are some areas of policy that they might both agree on around Europe, that is a far as it goes.

Are you are going to call me a BNP or UKIP supporter because I question the value of the EU to the UK?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
British Tea Party? Oh the irony..

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
British Tea Party? Oh the irony..

I didn't even think about it that way.

Maybe it's a London Tea Party against the European Union. Could that be their underlying meaning? A revolt against the EU like how the Americans revolted against their oppressors the UK.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

A senior official from the UK Independence Party gave money to the far-Right British National Party and met the party's leader.
He also attended a meeting in America at which Nick Griffin, the BNP leader, was a guest speaker and the two men met afterwards. Later, having returned to Britain, Dr Abbott attended an annual dinner of the Trafalgar Club, a fund-raising group for the BNP, at which Mr Griffin was again present.
Dr Abbott, who used to live in Oregon and who still works in America for part of the year, met Mr Griffin in the US at a meeting of American Renaissance, described by critics as a white supremacist group.

I have also read reports that this was a mistake on his behalf and has denounced the BNP, but you could see where I could have got the idea they were bed fellows.
I retract my previous statement that they were bnp with blazers on

top topics

join