It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TransSiberian Orchestra (great show if you've never seen it)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
For my wife and I (she's pretty much 3rd gen Ukrainian), this show is kind of a holiday tradition. Many members of the group are actually from around here...so they usually make it here (Tampa area) for the holidays.

Basically, if you haven't heard of them, imagine a blend of an orchestra with rock music, incredible lighting and stage performance, with edgier versions of Christmas carols. Always a pretty incredible experience.

If you get the chance to catch their show sometime, you won't be disappointed.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

edit on 15-11-2010 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is something people should see at least once in their lifetime!!!! If you can't afford to see them live, get a dvd, even if you have to get one second hand! It is an essential part of my xmas to watch the dvd every year!!

The entire show is visually breathtaking with excellent musicianship and vocals and narration. The first time I came across this band I was in awe!!!

Thanks sooooooo much for presenting this thread. I was going to do the same. Now I don't have to.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You're welcome. Oddly enough, in years past, it seems we get the best seats, for less, if we wait till just a week or so before the show, and get them from ticket sites like stub hub, etc.

Heck, for the last So You Think You Can Dance tour, we were close enough to get sweat from the dancers, for just about $20 more than crap seats...

Hoping we can score some decent seats for this year's TSO show...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I hope you get your tickets!
I will be playing my dvd a number of times. I cannot believe this thread isn't getting more replies!!!!!!
Let's keep bumping it shall we?

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanks for adding the vid links. Truly is a great holiday experience. I'll definitely go, just a matter of where we sit, and how much we pay to do so..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I would LOVE to see them live... Probably not going to happen any time soon thought. I love this kind of Symphonic Rock. It's simply beautiful. It's a shame the members dedicate more time to this project than to Savatage though...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Cricious

If you ever get the chance, go see them. Their shows are magical! The lights, falling snow, the musicianship and vocals are just amazing!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cricious

Well, one can always go see Jon Oliva's Pain if you want to hear Savatage music, although I don't know if/how much they tour. The TSO is such a money maker that they almost had to ditch Savatage, as that band is a cult band at best and never made more than a few bucks. Even Chris Caffery wants to get Savatage back together but Jon and Paul O'Neill are calling the shots for the two bands called TSO.

I remember when the first album came out. I turned on the radio one day to let Mom hear Christmas Eve/ Sarajevo 12/24 as I thought she would enjoy it. She took it upon herself to go get the album and came home with Dead Winter Dead from Savatage. I thought she had lost it - what the hell is she doing listening to Savatage, right? That was when I found out who they really were and to be honest, I was a bit shocked. Finally Savatage was getting some recognition, being played at sporting events and used in commercials, but under a different name and doing Christmas tunes.

I finally got to see these guys last year. It was a pretty cool show but the arena sucked donkey gonads so the sound was crap but still a decent show. Not Rush, but Rush doesn't have a hottie like Caitlin Moe, jamming on the violin and banging her head all over the stage. There was a mixup with our tickets, they printed two sets and people were already in our seats so they had to give us alternative seats in the blacked out area right behind the secondary stage, where Moe and Al Pitrelli, the guitar player, went up in the air and I can say without a doubt she's a hottie. They tried to kick us out of those seats right before they used that stage but we had no place to go. We could feel the cold kicked up from the gas used to "lift" the stage, pretty wild.

One thing that ticks me off is this Christmas crap. The last album ain't Christmas tunes and they even said they were going to do a summer tour but alas, it didn't happen. I'd like to see them pull that double disc out in it's entirety, although I could do without The Hall of the Mountain King, as Savatage already did that, not to mention Rainbow and probably a host of other bands. That's just the music snob in me talking though. I'm easily jaded when it comes to rock n roll.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Got my tickets yesterday, and going to see the show tomorrow!

Wasn't too bad, about $90 per, and really good seats, right near the stage. Looking forward to it. Will let you know how it is compared to recent ones.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

They are amazing although I have yet to see one of their shows. Here is one of my favorites. This video is the song, Christmas Cannon performed by the Trans Siberian Orchestra and absolutely worth sitting through the 15 seconds of commercial. I would be interested to know how they acquired the name if you have any insight on that.

new topics

top topics

join