It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Rocking Singer Is A 3D Hologram!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've never seen this until today, and it's just amazing! If not the technology, then the fact that "she" has acquired and actual fan base and is "performing" sold out shows in Japan and going on tour!

Hatsune Miku. She’s a Japanese pop diva who’s just started to play massive stadium concerts to sold out crowds. Her hair is blue, she dresses like Sailor Moon, and she’ll only appear in concerts via a 3D ‘hologram’. Oh, and did I forget to mention that she’s completely fictional?

Check out the video!

You can find the story in the following links. The second link has a few HD videos

STORY

VIDEOS

I wonder what else this kind of hologram technology could be used for?

Thing are getting weird

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
definately WAY up there on the coolness scale. Took me a while to see the screen she is projected on. Very well done, too. She looks 3D from all the various camera angles.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by amadeus30
I wonder what else this kind of hologram technology could be used for?

The so-called Fatima Miracle comes to mind.

But that's the past.

Couple this with the new body-as-game-controller,
and I could learn how to dance better, reenact the 1972 Munic Olympic Massacre and
waste the terrorist before they got the athelets, or experience running with the bulls and not get hurt.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Im wondering how soon before these things will be in our living room!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

?
it looks bettet than the holograms in starwars anyone think?

And id like to know how long theyve really been able to do this for.and how far theyve really gone with it.

project blue beams ring any bells

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pkpuck

But of course! Rest assured they are well beyond what they disclose to the public, "officially".

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That is not a true hologram nice try though.....

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is nothing new... the Gorillaz have been known to do this before. just google it Gorrilaz MTV music awards and there should be some videos of their concert. completely fictional band and only appear in 3d holograms or in cartoon form.

good find

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

Great find OP. Blue beam does seem like a more realistic possibility now.
2nd

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbandonFaieth
and only appear in 3d holograms

Hi... these ARE NOT holograms, Gorillaz don't use holograms... 3d projected holograms do not exist on this level unfortunately... it is a common misconception not helped when people like CNN say they have a 3d holographic presenter instead of saying 'its a blue screen shot. Or.. its a video projection.'

Also not helped by ATS people perpetuating this misconception in numerous recent posts.. especially the stupid 911 no planers.

this and the gorillaz, as previously stated by someone, are 2D projections... projected onto a semi transparent screen from behind.

if you went behind this image you wouldn't see her back! if you went side on you wouldn't see her at all as the screen is very thin.

its a projection. end of. peace out.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's a bit more subtle than that.

It's not a 360 degree 3d hologram, I'll grant you that.

But it is a 180 degree 3d hologram.

Every member of the audience is seeing her as full 3d.

but you are correct when you say that people on the side of or behind the screen see nothing.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Yeah, I suppose it is actually a Holograph rather than a hologram. But is the general populace going to pick up on such a trvial detail?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
That is really creepy to me but a lot of Japanese culture creeps me out. People sell out concerts to watch this thing? I guess I'm just too old to understand.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
WOOOW!!! I'm in Love!!!!

This is the best thing I've seen this year!!!!

This is defo the future, Hologram technology is where the entertainment industry is going, imagine being able to perform to stages all around the world at the same time. No more hauling heavy equipment by roadies and no more long journeys on a tour bus!!!

I love this so much, I can't wait until I can see a life like full size interactive hologram of say Yuna from Final Fantasy X!!!

Oh the dream is becoming reality!!

Thank you for sharing this with me!!

Korg.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Neat video, too bad I'm in work and can't hear it.

A 3D pop star that doesn't really exist. Every record company's dream. Not only don't you have to pay it. But you don't have to worry about it getting in to trouble or jumping over to another label. I'm sure we're going to see a lot more of these in the near future.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Yeah, I suppose it is actually a Holograph rather than a hologram. But is the general populace going to pick up on such a trvial detail?

Yeah i agree, I knew there would be responses picking it apart and not noticing the gorilla in the room so to speak.

This is amazing technology and the future of where this is going is very exciting and at the same time a little scary IMO!! Also as a side-note, I would put money on the fact that they're way past this as far as technology.

Thanks for the replies

edit on 15-11-2010 by amadeus30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Just thought I'd say that a true 3D Holograme 360 is possible... This has been around for a couple of years now so not sure where it's at, at present. bet it's 200% better than this though...

Here is Kate Moss as a Hologram using this tech,

Korg.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Korg Trinity because: to ass kate moss

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is OLD NEWS.

Mick Jager and Keith Richards have been holograms since the early 90s

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Just thought I'd say that a true 3D Holograme 360 is possible... This has been around for a couple of years now so not sure where it's at, at present. bet it's 200% better than this though...

Here is Kate Moss as a Hologram using this tech,

Korg.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Korg Trinity because: to ass kate moss

AWESOME, Thanks for the addition... crazy technology!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

But it is a 180 degree 3d hologram.

Every member of the audience is seeing her as full 3d.

David Grouchy

hi. i'm afraid you are wrong. it is a 2d projection. She is not in 3 dimensions... the audience see it how the video camera sees it... as a 2d projection. If she was 3d then by moving around her you would see more of her which is not the case.
its not a hologram.. it is a projection. Sorry, but that is what it is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join