Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

To China and the world - my apoligies to your countries on behalf of our US criminal govt. PLEASE DO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

I dont appeal for peace. Blow our asses up if we get too pushy. Not that your governments are any less criminal than our own, China in particular is no angel. But I am sick of all the posturing, if we get too big for our britches, bring it on. Maybe it would teach my countrymen and women a lesson if we had to deal with war here on our own soil, and it disrupted the path to the mall, and maybe cut out cable TV.

Just make sure to bring the war here, to our continent. Americans easily ignore the suffering of people, including our own military, if its out of sight. So if you want war with us, bring it here. It just might make us remember that we arent pathetic, lazy, moronic consumers. It might even make humans out of us again.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I admire your dream for peace but we are either 'way past that' or 'it is a long, long way off' or even both.

I can not see that this plea to world powers can have any impact at all, after all, the PTB technically fight each other, not each others citizens. (Although it is generally the citizens that suffer the most)

One nations government is as corrupt as any other and the people at the top usually have selfish reasons for the actions they take.

Q1. Would the American government listen to a heart warming plea from an Iraqi, Afghan or an Englishman?

Don't bother answering that!

You need to convince your own governments to act more peacefully.

Q2. Would you want your own nation to sit back and do nothing if you were attacked?

I can probably guess your answer to that one too, because if they did nothing it would lead to more or worse.

Regards S_G

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by seagull

It is reckless to "dare" another country to "bring it on." Nobody wants to see a nuclear war, or even another conventional war.

Indeed, most do not. I do, sometimes, have to wonder though... Reckless rhetoric is, in its own way, is a dangerous as a war.

BUT, I contend that it is equally reckless to apologize and give the impression that we do not support our government, or that we are not united as a country. Nothing invites aggression like pathetic whining!

Agreed!!! I believe a Roman senator said it best (paraphrasing here!!): If you want peace, prepare for war. Peace is achieved by having the strength and the willingness to use it to protect yourself. But only as a last resort... The trick, I suppose, is knowing when that time has come...

Which do you think is more likely to lead to war, whimpering, whining, apologizing, and asking to please not attack us, or daring anyone to bring it on? I don't like either approach, but "Fortune favors the Bold!" Take Iran, and N. Korea as cases in point. They are weak, but they feign strength to keep their populace united and their enemies at bay.

I suppose, if those are my only choices, "fortune favors the bold" is the way to go. Doesn't mean I have to like it, or condone it. Rhetorical sabre flourishing has it's drawbacks, 'cause eventually, someones going to make you put up, or shut up. It's best, as Theodore Roosevelt said (paraphrasing, again...): "Speak softly, but carry a big stick..."

One needn't practise blustering rhetoric to get the message across.

That's the point I should have made originally...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I don't think China is going to bomb us.
We owe them too much money.

Your thread is refreshing though since I assumed it was going to be another complaint about Pres.Obama apologizing for the past actions of secret organizations, military agenda and the US in general, to other nations.
Bush's were both great patriots on a par with Columbus, John Wayne, Ronald Reagan.
(i.e. like Columbus to the Indians, and John Wayne to the Blacks)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Still don't get it?

Both China and the US answer to the same piper. The rest is all made up to keep the general public from getting together. In the Middle East, most of the people want peace just like in the USA and China.

Stop and think for a minute, who can benefit from people hating people? Could that be the ones who are truly in charge of world issues? That is a good way to keep in control, don't let the people get together and find out they all want the same thing.

Study the dark ages and the witch hunts to find out what happens when people try to go against the world power. Back then they used religion, but that is not working as well these days as many people have no use for these types of control, though it is still strong in certain parts of the USA. Likely most of the voters keeping the corrupt administration in power also go to church every Sunday and do vote. Now there is a paradox, Thou shalt not kill, but it is ok if the Government says so and those buggers don't do as our Govt says. Kill them all!

Do you people see how stupid people can be when their cake eating lives are threatened.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Count me in as a non-apologist. Yes, our gov't has done,and continues to do, some crappy things. But, we are still so far ahead of China that they aren't even in our league; to appeal to the Chinese offends me as an American. Just because our government and business leaders choose to use slave labor for profits does not suddenly make China worthy of anything other than the contempt in which I have always held their government.

There have already been some excellent posts on this topic, so if you haven'r read the whole thread, I suggest you do.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
With all due respect OP, you do not speak for most Americans. There is not a nation on this globe that has unclean hands. They are all guilty of their own atrocities or act in collusion with the bad decisions by the US, UN, NATO, China, Russia, Corporate Religious sects, MIC, secret societies, Petro-Chemical Industries, etc., etc., etc...

The citizens of the USA only have one vote per person. Individual power begins with the vote and carries with it the right, nay - the civic duty, to communicate with their elected officials issues they wish addressed by all governing bodies within their influence.

Yet the percentage of the people eligible to vote that don't even bother is despicable. I bet the percentage of citizens that actually snail mail, e-mail, twitter or communicate their concerns is even less.

Write your elected officials today and voice your embarrassment to them. Better yet, become involved with political activism in order to be a voice of change. No-one speaks for me, my voice is out there and is probably listed as a person of interest in roles of my geographical fusion center. I hope you can say the same.

[/rant]

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I say BRING IT ON china. The USA doesn't have anything to fear from china. we have the upper hand as always. Any one who doesn't support the USA is a terrorist and/or commie. If you're crying to china for peace then you're whats wrong with this country. Change the votes or the politicians if you're unhappy with our policies. YOU MADE THE BED NOW SLEEP IN IT!
Im sure all the traitors that want to ride mao are welcome to join chinas army

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
We need more people like you! Trying to make a difference! Great job man!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Honestly, your apologies make you look like you are afraid of China and the others. Do you think they are better than us? come on brother, if they read you, they will think we all are weak like you. War is already on and you need to face it. Nobody like it, but right now isn't another way.

I want to say to China and any other country this :

DON'T MESS WITH AMERICA.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I say kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

Just Kidding, I'm nolonger a soldier, but even as a soldier my first choice was not war, I'd rather sit in a bar in Frankfurt, Germany with nice young German chic sitting on my lap than go to war. But please believe I am willing and ready to defend my faith, my loved ones, myself, then my country by any means neccasary

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

And another, this deserves it. My sentiments exactly.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well i don't think anyone WANTS war. Of all the countries of the world I would hate to goto war with it's China. It would be devistating to both countries. But I certainly approve of America standing up for itself and it's interests against anyone including China. If that results in war then so be it. Doesn't mean I want war but I certainly wouldn't back down from anyone. I guess you approve of Obama bowing to other worlds leaders, well I don't and I don't expect other countries leaders to bow before us either.

You're an embarrassment to the country by Apologizing to China. If you feel so bad why don't you move there and help them out. We did nothing to apologize for.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm sorry for the over $40 Billion in aid worldwide we gave this year alone not including private donations. We'll be sure to get a handle on that next year.
I'm sorry for the 63+ military bases worldwide. I'm thinking with world peace on our doorstep there really isn't any reason for those bases any longer. You can just sit down and have a cup of coffee with those who would turn you into their next state and "negotiate".
I'm also sorry for being the first to offer aid and assistance to the world in times of disaster. How embarrassing it must be to have us show up with food,water,clothing,medicine and cash. That has to stop.

Finally I would like to apologize for anyone living in the USA that thinks it's better where you live. I am sorry for keeping them from your economy or taking advantage of your really cool healthcare or awesome public transportation. We will happily let them move to your country as soon as they get the courage to do it.

www.globalresearch.ca...
link to document
www.census.gov...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Why do we need to appeal to foreign governments? Why not appeal to the people instead? Governments will be governments no matter what country they reside in. The Chinese government is corrupt in many ways like the U.S. government...A rather naive approach at diplomacy I must say.
edit on 15-11-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
you don't live in the real world do you. we have done nothing to start a war with china or any one out side the middle east. for a second point like most people you are blindly unaware on how dominate we are militarily against any nation with a formal army like china. there navy would be gone in short time just do to the sheer size of our fleet. we would also keep our warheads in our nukes not separate like them so as they went to arm themselves to attack our plan is to turn them into glass ( not a good plan it would destroy the global economy and hurt our friends of S Korea and Japan. numbers count for nothing in a modern war between regional powers only available resources and we have more military might then most of the world put together (-Russia there still a military powerhouse as long as its conventional war). and statements like this just put fears in to the hearts of people that there is a problem when theirs not its nothing but propaganda spreading to scare people in to compliance as a nation ( unit against a all powerful enemy) China like money America likes money with time we are getting closer and closer to get more money.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
A plea for peace, eh? Hmmm...

Oh, puhleeeze...

Apologize for the behaviour of the "US criminal govt.", or however you phrased that...?

So, are you going to apologize to the Tibetans, on behalf of the Chinese govt. next? Or to the Muslims in Eastern China being oppressed by the oh so merciful Chinese? Or the folks under house arrest in China for daring to dream of freedom from an oppressive govt. You do remember Tiananmen Square, don't you?

To call your viewpoint just slightly one sided would, of course, be an understatement.
WHAT ABOUT, oppressed peoples rising up from the GREEDY domminent powers on earth. LETS start hanging in public again. Also, no matter how rich or poor you are, we all get the same treatment. This means , no passes for the rich to get out of jail free card.
edit on 15-11-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

your right however our govt removing some rights will better us down the road and if they respond with missiles we will too MAD will occur so you have no reason to fear anyone

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
A plea for mercy, a plea for peace, etc.. I applaud this post as the OP's sincere effort to express his disdain for the corruption in our government. Unfortunately, some of the responses seem to validate the concern that the rest of the world views the US as described. In fact, several posts further indicate that as Americans, we can't even agree to disagree.

I have yet to read a perfect book, a perfect poem, a perfect article, etc. I want to add my voice to the apparent sentiment, and prefer to spend any time searching for fault only when called for, not when I am unwilling to look beyond a possibly misplaced perception. Our government is far beyond my ability or desire to defend it's actions. Twice the US government has forced me out of business (healthcare--no illegal, immoral, or unethical allegations or charges ever made--they just prefer to spend money on war, not the elderly), and I have developed my own disgust and contempt for our supposed representatives.

Still, this is home. Home is truly where the heart is. I recently was busted for not seeing past the sinner to the sin, but not this time. We will all be implicit and guilty by association in the world view. America still has a chance to salvage a great dream, but I hope it isn't too late.

I wish I had thought to start this thread myself.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Half the population of China lives on less than $2 per day. Those allowed to prosper are picked by the Party. The Internet is filtered or blocked. Prisons are really slave labor camps producing products. Travel is restricted. There is a permanent brown cloud of pollution over much of the country. Their rivers are cesspools. They are building old style Coal Fired Plants as fast as they can build them. They have no Free Press. They have no Free Speech.

I am all for Peace however, but think you are not very well informed. Your intentions are good, but your critical thinking device needs repair or you forgot to turn it on. I highly suggest you study China's History and read up on conditions there. Ignore the tiny area's where Tourism is allowed and look to the majority of China that is purposefully hidden from the world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join