It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient aliens - Mohendro Daro - Evidence of Nuclear power centuries before we discovered Nuclear p

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I personally find this to be an interesting topic to research. So kudos to the OP. Also, you may want check out the "Mahabharat" for more info about this subject. Some good reading in that text. This text is seen by Hindu's similar to the way we see books such as the bible, etc.

I might also add that programs such as "Ancient Aliens", while somewhat speculative, are every bit as equal in information value as any mainstream science article, tv show, or research paper meted out to the public.

Mainstream science has less to do with research and facts, and more to do with religion and faith. And if you, as a member of the church of science, want to remain a member of the church of science, then your "facts" will maintain the prescribed public persona. A respected scientist said this. I was present, and heard it with my own ears. And he wasn't the first one of them I've ever heard something similar from.

So just because a guy has a Phd after his name, and works for NASA, doesn't mean his words, whether spoken or written, are gospel. And that goes for any other branch of science or "ology" as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

edit on 17-11-2010 by Klassified because: Sorry. Double Post.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

How do you know that the dinosaurs don't only come into your room when you're out?

I suspected their were dinosaurs in my house. So I set up traps. None of the traps were set off ...... Which proves beyond all reasonable doubt that dinosaurs are much more intelligent than we thought and are clever enough to avoid all my traps

Just as the fact that there is no evidence at all of any explosions, or other 'weapons of mass destruction', nuclear or otherwise, at Mohenjo-daro proves beyond all doubt that there must have been a massive air burst which caused no damage and left no traces on the ground

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by Harte

How do you know that the dinosaurs don't only come into your room when you're out?

Well, I keep Cthulu in there specifically to keep them out, for one thing.

Don't tell me I'm gonna have to get another Old One cause the big C ain't cuttin it anymore!

Anyway, I put 46 cookie sheets of jello in there and no footprints yet. Of course, if the dinos are Pterosaurs, that would be expected.

Come to think of it, that must be it!

I seem to remember now that Cthulu is ornithophobic.

Crap. Where'd I put that R'lyeh phonebook?

Harte

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The most interesting statement on the second page that the OP linked to was this:

The shortest time period of ancient Hindus made up one-three-hundred-millionth of a second.

At the very least, this points to a highly sophisticated system of mathematics. Furthermore, it implies that they had the technology to measure such miniscule increments of time and, more importantly, the need to do so.

What could possibly necessitate such fine timekeeping, other than some type of high tech projects? What could possibly facilitate such fine timekeeping, other than computers or atomic clocks?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Lots of interesting theories here for the Mohenjo-Daro site, kudos to all who contributed to this forum. I had an idea myself but haven't found anything substantial to support it. With the talk on the news of recently sizable solar activity it led me to think that there may have been a possible solar event at that site all those years ago. It fit with all the different occurrences described by legends, radiation/boils/melting skin etc. It leads me to wonder if perhaps a flare had burned through the atmosphere scorching the city and the people outside on the streets. Skyrocketed radiation levels would kill any who investigated the city ruins via radiation poisoning, as well as kept animals with their better senses, away from the corpses. Just an idea, I would be happy for feedback and to know if any others came to a similar conclusion. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I dont think this scenario is possible, if we had nuclears, the knowledge would live in the past centuries. There was a movie about post apocalypse where the guys were wearing animal skin and spears.. this is not realistic. Whatever knowledge we have, we use it, we woulda lways find a way to reinvent it.

That's why humans having such weapons is unlikely. Aliens using them and clearing the planet from dinosaurs to me is as equally possible as an asteroid hitting the Earth. Just because impacts happen, does not mean anyone can prove 100% it happened so with dinosaurs.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I dont think this scenario is possible, if we had nuclears, the knowledge would live in the past centuries. There was a movie about post apocalypse where the guys were wearing animal skin and spears.. this is not realistic. Whatever knowledge we have, we use it, we woulda lways find a way to reinvent it.

That's why humans having such weapons is unlikely. Aliens using them and clearing the planet from dinosaurs to me is as equally possible as an asteroid hitting the Earth. Just because impacts happen, does not mean anyone can prove 100% it happened so with dinosaurs.

Ask any random person on the street how to make a computer from scratch. Now think what would happen if all our puters were fried by EMPs.

For that matter, apply the same reasoning to nuclear weapons.
edit on 9-29-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join