It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to allow in 8,000 Falash Mura from Ethiopia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Israel's cabinet has approved a scheme to allow into the country nearly 8,000 Ethiopians of Jewish descent.

At the weekly cabinet meeting, Mr Netanyahu said the remaining Falash Mura would be brought to Israel over the next three years.

"The government of Israel wants to solve this problem, because there is a difficult humanitarian crisis there," the prime minister told ministers.

"These are the seeds of Israel - men, women and children - that currently find themselves living in the worst conditions," he added.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This does show how Israel looks after it's own.
Even though the Falash Mura cannot enter Israel under the law of return, being as they are of Jewish descent they are still allowed.
It is admirable that Israel has recognised this crisis but again they still do nothing about the Gaza Strip.
This is just more two faced behaviour from Israel.
When will it ever end

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
All very humanitarian, or so it is probably meant to appear.
The current Ethiopians in Israel seem to get treated badly though, especially by many of the bigoted and racist white settler types. I see this as nothing more than a PR exercise.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
How can you all compare this to Gaza?

Aside from the fact that they're both humanitarian issues, they're completely different.

Israel has its reasons for doing what it does in Gaza, this isn't just a result of hate and bigotry.

And how is it that anything good Israel does is done for the sake of PR, and everything bad is done because Israelis are rotten at the core?

What kind of one sided indoctrination makes you see everything Israel does as bad. Reminds me of the guy that when shown the list of Israeli humanitarian efforts world wide said "So what? So they sent some money and some doctors to some countries, big deal".

Ethiopians are not having an easy time getting incorporated into Israeli society, just as the Russians did in their time, just like the Pakis, Indus, Blacks, Hispanics, and any other minority in the U.S does...

Oh, wait, no, it's in Israel, it must be racism then...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
How can you all compare this to Gaza?

Aside from the fact that they're both humanitarian issues, they're completely different.

Israel has its reasons for doing what it does in Gaza, this isn't just a result of hate and bigotry.

Oh, wait, no, it's in Israel, it must be racism then...

What is the reason for the racist way Israel is trying to ethnically cleanse the entire area of Palestinians then eliad??? tell me that after watching this.....www.youtube.com...

just goes to show the israel govt's ignorance of the conditions in Palestine.

You have obviously been brainwashed by the israeli propaganda machine.

you should also watch the rest of the documentary i just pointed out to you

www.youtube.com...

then decide if you want to hang around in an apartheid state or weather you are going to come to your senses before your country attacks Iran, because when they do, you can kiss your ass goodbye.

I dont blame you for your opinions, I blame the israeli propaganda machine.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Philstine

A comparison between Gaza and Israel:

Gaza

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8be05335d074.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3dc0a01e6944.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41f928e41f74.jpg[/atsimg]

Israel

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c13a6f6d54cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2356b9e470b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cbb06a75cc17.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh wait wait, I'm so sorry. I got it all mixed up.
The first three pictures are from EGYPT, and the last three are from GAZA.

You see, propaganda can come from both side.

Now Mr. Philstine, why don't you instead of dreaming how to march to Jerusalem with explosives strapped to you chests, and instead of brainwashing your children in military summer camps and school books that Jews are apes and pigs, why don't you stop crying and blaming, and start building something for a change, to better the lives of your people. Why don't you resettle the refugees in the areas Israel left when it pulled out of Gaza strip. Why don't you use the international aid you are being given to help the poor instead of thinking how to build bigger missiles?

You want complete independence, but you do nothing to achieve it, just incite and cry. You are still dependent on Israel for electricity supply, water supply, complicated medical care, food etc', and yet you keep on with waging violence . This will get you nowhere. Not now, and not in the future.
If you rely on Iran to make Israel disappear, you better start rearranging your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

I see you too are a complete Ignoramus!

I am a Kiwi with a genuine concern for the welfare of the people of Palestine.

Your rant has just shown us all your intolerance for Palestinians.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Intolerance ?
Is that a word to describe Sunni killing Shiite, Hamas killing Fatah, Muslims killing Christians ?

Before the people you care about so much began to wage violence on Jews, they used to come to Israel to work and make a decent living for their families. Before they started blowing themselves up in buses and market places, there was a shared industrial complex of Palestinians and Israelis at the border of Gaza strip.
After Hamas took over Gaza strip, Fatah members fled to Israel and asked for asylum. Many Palestinians are being transferred to Israel for medical care.
Palestinian prisoners are being visited by their families and the red cross, and many of them have academic studies.
There is however an Israeli soldier that is kept god knows where and how, for 5 years. No one but his kidnappers had seen him or know the conditions he is in.

Intolerance...?

Maybe before you accuse someone of being ignorant, educate yourself a little bit beyond cheap rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

There is however an Israeli soldier that is kept god knows where and how, for 5 years. No one but his kidnappers had seen him or know the conditions he is in.

how many palestinians do you have locked up???

how many familys have you broken to further your cause?

Did you even bother watching occupation 101?

I laugh at your dribble and will not bother replying to it!!!

new topics

top topics

join