It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things you are NOT allowed to invent.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hi all,

I came across a post in another forum about the "patent" watch list, made by the US government.
of course there are a lot of stuff witch would be wise to keep out of the public because they are dangerous, there are also a few dubious items on that list.

At the end anything that can help you, can help a soldier.. but that would mean a total stop to development of human beneficial knowledge (what seems to happen already the last 100 years)

Note that the list is from 1971 acquired trough the FOI act, notice that already at that time they did not wanted energy saving equipment along the public...

To name a view:

"Fuel Conservation Technology" and

"Alternative Fuels".

as being subject to Suppression... also

"Pollution Reduction Technology" and

"Apparatus for Increasing Efficiency" and

"Hydrogen Enrichment Technologies".

Photo-voltaic panels "in excess of 20% efficient" !!

Original post: Original post

PDF with list

edit on 15-11-2010 by EarthOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This one i found curious as well:

Group XIV - Vehicles Item I. Land or amphibious combat vehicle components or accessories employing new principles (AMC)
la. Vehicle smoke/aersol protection systems (AMC) 8178

Do i understand this item Ia correctly? as in : "Your vehicle is not allowed to provide you with clean air, they government has to be able to gas you inside your vehicle! "

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthOccupant

Thank you for the bottom line. I'll think of it often, such as when I'm paying my inflated hydro bills that seem to go up every year, and when I'm too broke to buy what I need. WTG modern society, another home run in the reasons you need a steamrolling.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If you read the document you will also see that anything space related is on the list as well.

No free enterprise, here, no capitalism, just suppression of techniques.

If you invent a way of building in weightless situation, .. you are on the list
If you invent software simulating a way to build in space.. yup, on the list..

On and on and on..

It is not new we know this... but seeing it in writing and starting to comprehend the extend of it.. gives me a bad feeling.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Lol,

That thing they mention is a vehicle discharge grenade use for protecting a vehicle by laying a smoke screen or less lethal gas. It protects the occupants by emitting gas/smoke. Not by protecting them from gas or smoke.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

I agree with your interpretation. But i've designed an anti hijack system that deploys CS gas at eye level next to the car (assume there's a man with a gun standing there). According to this list, i should NOT try have it patented? That's bizarre.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I hope everyone gives this a star and gets the awareness up. It's one thing to perceive the artificial limitations they've implied and play with guesswork, another to actually see their suppressing accounting equations on how society "should" be run. If those with the opportunity and resources in richer countries produced these incredibly efficient designs, if the infrastructure was modified to incorporate them, then the leftover bucks in our pockets could form the charity flow the rest of the world needs to establish their basics, even if governments won't intervene. Instead, our economies are artificially hobbled, and we are disenfranchised from getting ourselves established in life until way later in life, after we've run the sordid worker's gambit they regulate to us.

That puts us in our place, and gives them time to manipulate and tweak our realities as they choose.

Twelve alternators, to eliminate the need for a battery anyone? But no, we are categorically criminalized for exercising our God-given brains and helping each other out. It really is up to us. Start boycotting companies, services, and products today. Research your workplace and affiliations, and look elsewhere if needed, to earn a wage you can feel better about! Down with the system, peacefully.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Please devise a humanity-friendly alternative to money, if it is allowed.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Our Central Scrutinizer government — which is just a puppet of the larger Global Spider God — doesn't want the public to have a LOT of things, particularly those items that tend to transfer Power to the People.

Guns are at the top of the list, for good reason. That's why the Founders of this country constructed the Second Amendment to the Constitution, to ensure that the public always have access to firearms, the ultimate means of bringing down a corrupt central government.

What the gubbmint really wants is a technology that circumvents the Second Amendment or makes it obsolete, right. They want a weapon that is not MENTIONED in the Constitution, and they REALLY don't want the public to get ahold of THAT.

— Zesko Whirligan
edit on 11/15/2010 by Zesko Whirligan because: typo

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Well the title is maybe somewhat one sided.

You can break the list down in three "parts"

- Things they already have , but don't want you to have.
- Things they do not have, but they are waiting for you to patent it, so they can take it from you
- Things they did not think of themselves, but are significant enough to take away from you.

The whole patent thing is a double cutting knife, while the inventor rushes to the patent agency to get rich or benefit the world. They do not have to search for you... you walk right into their arms.

If you read the list, sometimes you can see that they describe things in a way that makes it clear they already know about many exotic technologys. That doesn't mean they have a working type of everything, it could be theoretically as well. But the fact it is mentionned (in 1971 !! ) does say a lot.

Also there are a few mentionings of stuff they are NOT intrested by.. Those i find amusing, that is the same as saying: " Don't bother, we have that covered already "

Example:

Item 3. Aircraft and component parts designed for Mach number below 0.92 (AMC) Ahove Mach 0.92 (AF) Air Force not interested in these things: Landing gear, propellers, helicopters, mufflers, thrust reversers, reciprocating engines, and ejection seats for aircraft. (AMC) only Air Force also not interested in corrosion inhibitors.

Not interested in "landing gear" Hmm why? Nothing can be improved there? Well why improve on landing-gear when you have floating devices that don't need landing gear ;-)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I have just took time to read this and Im sorry to say its a load of rubbish. The document has been misunderstood.
I work in the defence industry and see this kind of thing all the time. It is not a list of things that you are not allowed to invent. It is a list of things that the government wants you to invent. It is their shopping list. They distribute these lists to defence companies and if we can supply them with a product on that list then we let them know.

The list just states what the government would like and then the defence companies go out and try and fulfil their wishes. The government is not forbidding the invention of those products, they are actively encouraging it.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Tnx for your contribution.

If you read the post above yours i stated somewhat the same about the "shopping" list. And I agree with you on that part.

But with that being true, it doesn't change the fact that they are able to withhold inventions from the public. And how do we know witch one? And are the reasons (defence or security) always more important then to improve the live of civilians in general?
Edit:

Besides the above, the list starts with this:

This is the first edition of an ASP AB composite category review list of the categories of inventions that should be made available in accordance with 35 USC 181.

And if you lookup 35 USC 181, you will learn that it is a law permitting them to suppress inventions.

So a shopping list? maybe... But with only one costumer!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Bah, are you sure? I couldn't read the .pdf I downloaded; temporary glitch with my Acrobat reader. That free energy quantum generator was turned down by Canada, and so on ... and the list is from forty-odd years ago?

If it's back to guesswork, it doesn't change the premises I mentioned above. Six months of boycotting Coca-cola Inc., and one majour player will go under, the governments will be forced to listen. There's just so many reasons why society needs a reset.
edit on 15-11-2010 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

From my experience, no technology is witheld from the public by the government and defence industry. They delay it from reaching the public sector to maintain the temporary advantage over would be adversaries. When this advantage diminishes (i.e. other nations develop the same technology or something better is available), then they sell the technology into the private sector. There is a lead time of around 15 years depending on the technology. This is the time it takes information to go from Military restricted to publicly available. The google earth is a great example. In the 90's that kind of technology was cutting edge black project material. Now its available to the world for free, because we have something a lot better. The public always gets the technology in the end, they just get it when the military has finished playing with it.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOccupant
This one i found curious as well:

Group XIV - Vehicles Item I. Land or amphibious combat vehicle components or accessories employing new principles (AMC)
la. Vehicle smoke/aersol protection systems (AMC) 8178

Do i understand this item Ia correctly? as in : "Your vehicle is not allowed to provide you with clean air, they government has to be able to gas you inside your vehicle! "

/facepalm
No. Its for combat vehicles, means the system that sprays fuel from the tank onto the engine block which then smokes rapidly forming a cover of smoke for the tank and any advancing troops. ALOT of smoke.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

It is not i don't agree with you, and i do understand how most of these patent trajects work.

I think they are withholding stuff that could benefit mankind, people not only in the US but al over the world. And if the reasons for doing so are purely of defence i doubt.

Unless you take controlling the world in economical, financial and energy ways as defence as well.

And yess.. I know the answer to that one as well.. But i simply don't agree!

In the last 100 years there was no significant inventions on engines? Saving fuels? I'm i to believe that with trillions of budget all around the world the took 100 years to invent a Toyota Hybrid ?

So bottom-line, I agree with you on how it "works" , i do not agree WHY it is done, the extend of, without any CIVILIAN oversight.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
How have Virgin managed to build a craft that will fly on the edge of space and how have bio-fuels been invented? By letting these being patented they are contradicting themselves, surely?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
"Allowed" eh? by whom? on who's authority? Sounds like the
reason why this world is in the shape it is. I think if we find out
whom it is that doesn't let inventions out, we will be a little bit
closer in finding out who is making this world so miserable.
i.e., pollution, overcrowding, starvation, poverty, drought, crime
is caused by the enslavement of free thinking and free thinkers.
We could be terra-forming other worlds by now if it wasn't so.
(Everyone who wants to and not just a select few).

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheTruth
the system that sprays fuel from the tank onto the engine block which then smokes rapidly forming a cover of smoke for the tank and any advancing troops. ALOT of smoke.

Lovely! I'd like one of those devices on my Volvo.

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Biofuel still takes a lot of resources, if you use land to grow biofuel, you cannot grow food on the same land..
And about Virgin.. Well one bird doesn't make it summer.

Besides that, of course sometimes an invention will emerge, escaped from government radar. But wath i find disturbing is the whole system to suppress and withheld.

Just another example from the list:

Pollution preventing systems.

"Sir, watch this.. someone isn't polluting any more!! " Oh my got... Call the secretary of defence!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join