It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 14th 2010, I date that I'll remember...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hi Ats'ers, I guess this is the place I have to post this... I rarely post, but I have to tell you guys about that horrifying day.

I am actually 18 years old, french from Canada, and the day I just went through was from far the most physically and mentally harsh day of my life. This is the story about the way I acted when I ''found'' my Step-Mother, wife of my father, dead in the bathroom...

I went for the first time of my life in a club yesterday, November 14th, for a friend's birthday. We left at 3am, and I got home with my best friend at 6am. We went sleeping, and 4 hours later, 10am, my father woke me up.
-Dan, can you bring Annie to the hospital please? She's feeling very bad at the moment. Says my father
-Sure dad (Got my shoes and car keys)

My Step-Mother, Annie, did not want to go there, so I went back downstair, in my room, and relaxed Half-Asleep in my couch. Few minutes later, I heard these words... ''Marie, call the police, Kev, go get my facemask FAST!!!''
I went upstair, then to the bathroom, and saw my step-mother lying dead on the floor, my father on her trying to save her with paramedical methods. I went to the kitchen, my sister had the phone in her hands, but was too frightened to do a single move, I took the phone and called by myself. My little brother got inside of the house (He was playing outside I guess) while I was calling. When he heard that I said : ''Her heart stopped, please be fast'' He began crying, and a second later, he was screaming and crying with my sister. I went outside and kept talking to the woman on the phone. When that call was done, I went back in the kitchen, and I saw that Image that I will remember every single days of my life. Myself in the middle of then kitchen, little sister Marie and little brother Aleck crying, my best friend Fred sitting on the stairway crying, my big brother Kev standing in front of the bathroom crying and unable to move. The analysis of the situation took half a second to be done : I was the only one still calm and concentrated on that situation. I went to the bathroom, my father was talking to my ''Dead'' step-mother. He was saying these words : ''Annie, keep up with us, we need you, I need you, you can't leave me like that, ANNIE DONT LEAVE US, WE NEED YOU!'' Then he screamed like a freak : AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! (He was still doing that massage trying to reanimate her heart. Everyone were still standing still, not moving, I was trying to tell my father to keep going as the help was coming in a minute, he couldn't hear me at all. I felt like I was the only one still living. Every single person in the house (My father, Aleck, Marie, Kev, Fred) were litterally disconnected. I hugged my little brother, Hugged my sister, hugged my best friend, pushed my big brother as I wanted to get in the bathroom. Police and ambulance then arrived. They took around 2 minutes to get there. They asked my father what was happening, my father didn't even noticed them, as he was too concentrating on the Cardiac Massage. I told the ambulance that I was still calm and that I was able to tell them about what happened. After I did, the policeman said : You are frightingly calm for such a situation, Kid. Thanks, I replied.

I went back to the kitchen, everyone was exactly like they were few minutes ago : Crying and standing still. I got to my little brother (only son of my step-mother and my father) and I got him to listen to me. I hugged him again and said : The expert are here, everything will be alright. Then I did the same to my sister, my big brother and my best friend. I got them to go outside, in the backyard, to make some room to the paramedics. They said thank you, and I went to my father. He somehow noticed the police and ambulance because he was now talking/crying to a policeman.

Few hours ago, I got the first news about her in the hospital : She spoke to my father... HE SAVED HER.

My father asked me : Who went in the bathroom by my side? I said I did!
Everyone barely remember what happened, and I do remember everything. It's haunting me at the moment... The fact that I was able to stay so calm, and focus so much on making everything alright while everyone were disconnected from reality and my step-mother was dead. I'm now wondering what's wrong with me... Why am I the only one that was able to stay calm and move?

November 14th 2010... A day to remember...

Hey Ats'ers, enjoy every single seconds you spend with people you love... Life can ends incredibly fast...
edit on 15-11-2010 by 44drake44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. This was an amazing story, and I agree you should never take people for granted. Being with others, especially the ones you're close to, is the main reason life is actually worth living on through. It's good you were able to remain calm because that's sometimes the best thing to do for the moment. I wish the best for you and your family. =] Peace and love

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Thank you, I also wish the best of luck to my step-mother... She'll be fine and We'll be there for her

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 44drake44

I dont know if its the same thing, but I often feel like I have a disconnection with life and people as well. Cant seem to feel any real emotions anymore. Love, pain, joy, sadness, happiness...anger sticks around a little easier (not that im usually angry or anything), but it sucks and I dont know why...but that disconnection usually lets me stay calm in situations where others are more frantic...dont know if thats the same but I wish I were the other way around

edit to say..oh sweet , she lived...right on..didnt catch that the first time through
edit on 15-11-2010 by open_eyeballs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

My whole family were disconnected from reality, as for myself, I was focusing on making everything alright to save her life. I called 911, I made room for them and stuff, I weren't disconnected there, but I often daydream and believe that I have some sort of control over my mind... I think what pushed me to stay focused was the fact that I've been able to examine fastly the situation and the fact that I was the only one left that was still alive, if I can say that... I probably forced myself to stay that calm as I had no other choice... Or maybe it's the wood that I'm made of...

Forgot to add, I'm the only one that didn't let a tear fall. I guess they will come later on...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
God man....I'm 18 too and Jesus, I can't bare what that must have been like.

For you to act the way you did took a lot. And I thank you for that.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I did what my best to make sure she survives.

Took alot on myself, and now I can't sleep, just unable!

I never ever felt adrenalyn that much, it litterally drained my energy, but still can't sleep.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Don't feel bad about being calm in the face of Death. That just means you are spiritually mature. Children and spiritually weak people cower and cry when Death pays a visit... It's very frightening to them, so young, so full of life, to see another person stricken down like a bolt out of the blue.

You did well, there's nothing wrong with you.

What was the cause of your step-mom's false departure?

— Zesko Whirligan

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zesko Whirligan

Well she already has sclerosis, and the reason she felt was because her heart stopped. She couldn't breath well because of asthma, her bronchial tubes went smaller than a straw, causing her face getting blue while she was in the bathroom. She kept saying she was doing well, but she knew, and I know she did, that she was very bad...

Heart attack due to unability to breath.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44drake44
Hi Ats'ers, I guess this is the place I have to post this... I rarely post, but I have to tell you guys about that horrifying day.

I am actually 18 years old, french from Canada, and the day I just went through was from far the most physically and mentally harsh day of my life. This is the story about the way I acted when I ''found'' my Step-Mother, wife of my father, dead in the bathroom...

I went for the first time of my life in a club yesterday, November 14th, for a friend's birthday. We left at 3am, and I got home with my best friend at 6am. We went sleeping, and 4 hours later, 10am, my father woke me up.
-Dan, can you bring Annie to the hospital please? She's feeling very bad at the moment. Says my father
-Sure dad (Got my shoes and car keys)

My Step-Mother, Annie, did not want to go there, so I went back downstair, in my room, and relaxed Half-Asleep in my couch. Few minutes later, I heard these words... ''Marie, call the police, Kev, go get my facemask FAST!!!''
I went upstair, then to the bathroom, and saw my step-mother lying dead on the floor, my father on her trying to save her with paramedical methods. I went to the kitchen, my sister had the phone in her hands, but was too frightened to do a single move, I took the phone and called by myself. My little brother got inside of the house (He was playing outside I guess) while I was calling. When he heard that I said : ''Her heart stopped, please be fast'' He began crying, and a second later, he was screaming and crying with my sister. I went outside and kept talking to the woman on the phone. When that call was done, I went back in the kitchen, and I saw that Image that I will remember every single days of my life. Myself in the middle of then kitchen, little sister Marie and little brother Aleck crying, my best friend Fred sitting on the stairway crying, my big brother Kev standing in front of the bathroom crying and unable to move. The analysis of the situation took half a second to be done : I was the only one still calm and concentrated on that situation. I went to the bathroom, my father was talking to my ''Dead'' step-mother. He was saying these words : ''Annie, keep up with us, we need you, I need you, you can't leave me like that, ANNIE DONT LEAVE US, WE NEED YOU!'' Then he screamed like a freak : AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! (He was still doing that massage trying to reanimate her heart. Everyone were still standing still, not moving, I was trying to tell my father to keep going as the help was coming in a minute, he couldn't hear me at all. I felt like I was the only one still living. Every single person in the house (My father, Aleck, Marie, Kev, Fred) were litterally disconnected. I hugged my little brother, Hugged my sister, hugged my best friend, pushed my big brother as I wanted to get in the bathroom. Police and ambulance then arrived. They took around 2 minutes to get there. They asked my father what was happening, my father didn't even noticed them, as he was too concentrating on the Cardiac Massage. I told the ambulance that I was still calm and that I was able to tell them about what happened. After I did, the policeman said : You are frightingly calm for such a situation, Kid. Thanks, I replied.

I went back to the kitchen, everyone was exactly like they were few minutes ago : Crying and standing still. I got to my little brother (only son of my step-mother and my father) and I got him to listen to me. I hugged him again and said : The expert are here, everything will be alright. Then I did the same to my sister, my big brother and my best friend. I got them to go outside, in the backyard, to make some room to the paramedics. They said thank you, and I went to my father. He somehow noticed the police and ambulance because he was now talking/crying to a policeman.

Few hours ago, I got the first news about her in the hospital : She spoke to my father... HE SAVED HER.

My father asked me : Who went in the bathroom by my side? I said I did!
Everyone barely remember what happened, and I do remember everything. It's haunting me at the moment... The fact that I was able to stay so calm, and focus so much on making everything alright while everyone were disconnected from reality and my step-mother was dead. I'm now wondering what's wrong with me... Why am I the only one that was able to stay calm and move?

November 14th 2010... A day to remember...

Hey Ats'ers, enjoy every single seconds you spend with people you love... Life can ends incredibly fast...
edit on 15-11-2010 by 44drake44 because: (no reason given)

Nothing wrong. You took control of the situation which is perfect. Ive been first on scene to car accidents and a few other things. Some reason I was perfectly fine whiel other people just could stutter and stare.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheTruth

I wonder if it's the same for you, but as for myself, I felt a lot worse few hours after this incident then while it happened

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
wow, you saved her life for sure. I've never been in a situation like that, my mom and sister have when my dad died, but he came back because of his pacemaker. I don't know how I would react in a situation like that. I've been thinking about how fragile life is, this is just another story of something people go through everyday. I'm so glad she made it, and that you didn't freak out.

Reading this actually put a smile on my face.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
Reading this actually put a smile on my face.

Around 5am this morning I was still in shock, now I'm peaceful and glad she did it. As I said earlier, all I did was my job, I didn't have the right to get stressed and disconnect from reality, It's would've been the end of her life. Listening to Hallelujiah Electric guitar cover while writing this, my heart is full of love at the moment.

Thank you, and I hope it never happens to you my friend. Glad to hear you father won the fight

top topics

join