It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Plane Theory is blown out of the sky - US missed Chinese Missile

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
So if their 1st missile was damaged and unable to do its job, why didnt they start firing more?
seeing captions on that contrail pic hasnt convinced me, ok it looks a bit like a missile but nothing else about the theory of it being a missile adds up at all.

keep reading
I have posted about 6 different
images of evidence supporting
this theory but I can't put them
all on one page so they are spread
out.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
With the logic and reasoning that has been stated so far, the answer to your question has been addressed. If we do military posturing as a show of strength in the South China Sea, then we can expect a response in the waters off of our coast as well. China has been massively building up their military capabilities in the last few years. All they have to do is perform a "show of strength." This muscle flexing will show their capabilities and resolve...very logical...if Boondock is correct, then the Chinese accomplished their goal.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
Even if it was a Chinese missile(which I'm not saying it wasn't), I'm not worried about our missile defense shield. Using missiles to shoot down incoming missiles in technology from the 80's and 90's. We can take down missiles and planes now with this www.militaryaerospace.com... t/the-airborne-laser-its-huge-it-flies-and-it-blows-up-missles.html and it's much more accurate and faster.

Only reason I think that this wasn't Chinese is because I think their would have been a response of some sort from the US and our military. You can't just shoot a missile into our airspace and expect a "ooooh, aahhhhh" response from us and nothing else.

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember reading a story recently about the targeting system being hit and miss still with this technology. Not to mention that those types of weapons have line of sight range and there would have had to have been one close. I'm sure missiles are still cheaper and more available.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Most plausible explanation to date, AFAIK.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Once I actually saw the video vs still pics, it seems too slow to be a missile. For me, the bigger issue is why did it take so long for the military to ID it? There's still a story here, but I don't think it's a missile any longer.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by T3hEn1337ened
but it doesn't rule out the fact that this could still be a jet contrail. In my scenario, the "second contrail" and "missile debris" are just part of the first contrail. Note that there is a dark band of that runs through the center of the contrail, with highlighted edges on either side.

Ok, just for a moment I'll play devil's advocate
and look at your theory from your perspective.
As you claim that their are 2 contrails in that
one big that is separated by a black line.

OK

now, let me ask you this:
Since plane engines are only roughly
30-40 feet apart, at a height of 37,000 ft
why would the wind spread out one
contrail from one engine???

and NOT the other only 30 feet away ????
hmmmm

a pickle no doubt

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Personally i don't know if it's a missile or a plane but i do know there's only one plume/contrail in the picture.What you're pointing out as a second plume is nothing else but the other side of the same one.
Here's a gif,if you still can't see it then i'm not gonna bother more than i allready have:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bb462b57c9e.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Don't forget, this is the same day the Chinese sub popped up undetected in the US/SK(?? memory failing me) exercise right between a pair of subs. To me, that lends credulity to the theory of it being Chinese. It proved that they are undetectable and the missile launch proved that they were in tactical positioning. Together, they send a very clear and strong message.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidKrabs
Wow, this whole thing is nuts. I could have sworn is was a trail from a rocket or something. I heard someone argue that it was just a cloud formation, but that doesn't seem possible.

edit on 11/15/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

Ironically, 47 years ago this month Americans and the world witnessed the murder of a U.S. president in broad daylight. To this day, despite video documentation and numerous eyewitness accounts of this incident, there is no reliable consensus about exactly what happened that day.

Between JFK, 9-11 and this last Monday (with a plethora of other events in between) one need not to believe in any wild conspiracies to recognize the deficiencies in the official investigations.

We are being lied to either by commission or omission or simply being told not to believe our lying eyes! When will Americans (actually the Human race) say enough is enough?

We not only need to restore the Constitution back to the servile follower but we desperately need to restore SANITY back to America as well!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

No one HAS ID'd it yet....
It's hard to tell the speed without knowing the direction "whatever it is" is going..
Missiles are not launched straight uo as you know..
If it was China then I'd assume it was aimed away from the coast and thus to the camera it would appear slower than it actually was...
Distance is also a factor..If you dont know how far away it is then how can you estimate speed?
edit on 15-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That dilemma has already been tossed about. There are some types of missiles that are closer to jetliner speeds. It's not my forte, but anyone who can easily find out which ones I'm talking about and give the supporting figures would be greatly appreciated.

I'll look now and report back if I find the numbers I'm looking for.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

I'm sorry
I just don't see it

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

just a reminder
the Chinese Sub popping up in the
US Navy drill happened in 2007
which was 3 yrs ago. So these
are 2 separate incidents.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

And this is why I keep coming back to ATS. Give me a few, it'll take a while to get the facts all straight again. The 6th-14th I couldn't verify everything because I was.. umm.. *ashamed* prepping and making tin foil hats. Thanks for the clarification BD.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
So if their 1st missile was damaged and unable to do its job, why didnt they start firing more?

i explained my thoughts on this earlier in
this thread.

some catchup reading would explain it

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix

.... if thats a jet contrail Im a monkeys uncle.

Is your niece or nephew a chimpanzee or an orangutan?

-------------------------------------------

But seriously. People have asked why haven't the passengers come forward and said "it was us!" Well if it was flight 808 that landed in Pheonix would they know it was them? Would you? And even if they did suspect it was their plane why would they come into the spot light and enter the fray? I wouldn't. What could they add that hasn't already been known? We know US808 was in that area at that time. Why does a passenger of US808 need to confirm that they were on that flight? How many passengers do you think know where they are and at what time during a flight of several hours? Really the flight aware data is more valuable than the testimony of a passenger not even engaged in the navigation of the plane. This whole question of passengers not coming forward is a weak argument for the missile theory.

------------------------------------------------------

@ Boondock - I'm not sold, sorry. Where is your evidence that the missile is Chinese? Why not Russian? or American for that matter, as in a test. This theory is just speculation at best.

I think your reading in too much on what upper level winds have done to a contrail. People have invested, as usual, themselves and their egos into it having to be one thing or another and start grasping at straws. If it is announced tomorrow that new evidence has come to light and it is indeed a missile I will simply say "O.K. I was wrong" - because I really don't care one way or another. But all evidence and facts to date point to an ordinary contrail. The contrail theory is the best fit to what is known. If that statement makes you mad or emotional you should ask yourself - why? And are you sure that in your desire to be right and have it be a missile launch that you have been truly objective in your reasoning?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

The biggest question would be, Where is the fire from our missile that exploded and what about the fall out?

What we need is the whole 10 minutes of video. Then we can determine more.

And you never answered my question, You said you believed our government when they said it wasn't one of ours, Surely then you believe them when they tell you it wasnt a missile at all?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Could you please reply to the following questions:

1) Most importantly: Why would the Chinese launch a missile attack on our country? That is a huge assertion, because, in theory you are saying the Chinese were starting a war with the most powerful country on earth. I don't mind you claiming such a thing, but you'll need some serious proof to convince anyone.

2) You said the missile wasn't totally knocked off course. Where did it go then?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Excellent theory OP. 2 questions-

A) What do you believe the intended target to be?

B) What does the US do now? (deny, deny, deny?)

Great thread

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I have been trying to find the unedited 10 minute clip of the "mystery" object to come to a better conclusion of what it was, but I haven't had any luck finding it. I only find the 52 second edited clip that was shown on the news. Has anyone on here watched the entire 10 minute clip of this, and if so please link?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join