It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bernanke's worst nightmare: Ron Paul" Hoorah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
money.cnn.com...

It is about time we have somebody oversee this lunatic spending spree. Lets just hope he has the ability to talk some sense into other people. As we see out national debt skyrocket as well as our soon to come hyper inflation (or worse deflation of the dollar value) at least somebody is there that makes SENSE.

I feel it is still too late, but this is a definite good direction.

If this has been posted please delete, but I searched and found nothing.

RON PAUL! WOOHHOOOHOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

Similar post, please refer to www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-11-2010 by Eavel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Please, this is lip service by Ron Paul.

Ronald Paul is a member of the House Committee on Financial Services, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and the House Committee on International Relations.

I wonder how Paul's campaign contributors think about his position?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Please, this is lip service by Ron Paul.

Ronald Paul is a member of the House Committee on Financial Services, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and the House Committee on International Relations.

I wonder how Paul's campaign contributors think about his position?

So how exactly is this lip service? I love your one or two line posts I see everyday trying to to undermine anything that is against your agenda here. It's kinda like lip service if you ask me.

I think this is a good step forward in the right direction. They hold the very fabric of our nation in hand and will not let the very people they serve look at the books. It makes you wonder if they are serving themselves and not the people.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

You know, I showed a lot of useful information in my above post, Ron Paul is just like any other politician. I don't know why people idolize him so much. I don't think that he has any intention of doing any of the things he wants to like audit the fed, or absolving the fed or anything like that, it's just pandering done to get people to like him.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

what is it you think you are showing? A total of 7500 in campaign contributions..from credit unions? lol

i think u posting that info just hurt your case

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

That was just a span of 2 months and not only credit unions but regular banks as well, in fact if you looked at the links closely, you will see that Ron Paul gets a lot of large donations from a myriad of different special interest lobby groups, including financial institutions which rely on the Federal Reserve.

The point I am trying to make is that Ron Paul is just another politician being hand fed by his corporate backers just like the rest of them, he isn't anything or anyone special or divine and he doesn't deserve the accolades people give him.

In fact, the verbal lashings he gives Bernanke is simply lip service for the cameras, because it makes great YouTube videos for his followers. In reality however, he still depends on the handouts from special interest lobby groups, his corporate masters to do anything.

In fact, from the OP Article:

Paul doesn't think he'll be able to move his proposal to eliminate the Fed, or to allow Americans to use gold instead of paper money as currency. But he said he does intend to use his new position as "a mini-bully pulpit" to criticize Fed policy and call more attention to what he sees as its negative consequences. And he's confident that American voters are ready to delve into those monetary policy questions.

It's a dog and pony show for his fans, he pulls out these bills he knows isn't going to pass, but they make his supporters happy. Why? Because it gets him votes from people who don't know any better.
edit on 11/15/2010 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think RP is a realist. He knows he can't change the system (that would be deemed illegal and he would be killed), but he can bring to light monetary issues that people are blind to. For this, he is the man for the job. He has been a principled critic for thirty years and only in recent times are people seeing it his way.

To think RP is just pandering is nonsense. He has had the same positions for years, and now people are finally receptive to them. If he has been pandering for the past 30 plus years, he isn't doing a good job of it.

top topics

join