It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have this album?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok for at least 5-10 years on and off I had been looking for this song/album even asking a family member in the business multiple times (who has at least ten-kazillion albums in his personal collection who had no idea/never found anything) and the only thing I had to go on was a few lyrical memories and an album cover description which finally & crazy enough I found the other night on the net w/a lyrics search instead of a cover description(duhr!)

reason being I used to play this song over and over when I was a kid @12-14yo while daydreaming about the picture on the cover of what I know for certain was an Astronaut floating in space with either the earth or moon in the background with some stars and a couple other things like maybe the title or signature, anyway would be very interested if a member here might have that album with the astronaut cover (or was it on the back?) and could post a pic or link to a pic? can't find anything other than a different cover, not only looking due to I think it was my first album but also a Christmas present so kind of a nostalgiac value and now this-

lyrics-The last man to be here was never heard from again
He won't be back this way till 2010 (LOL!
)

the only cover I'm finding-en.wikipedia.org...(album)

heres the song-

if this does'nt sound interesting enough may I suggest you view it as having a possible encoded message to the earthlings and they may need to know before 2010 is up even you would consider me as the only or last one so be it(LOL!) or if your just bored and have nothing better to do thats fine also

edit on 14-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Here you go.

5 bucks on ebay

ebay

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

thanks for the effort but that is the same cover I listed in post with wiki link which is what I'm not looking for
edit on 14-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

So to be sure I understand you, the name of the band IS Planet P , and that is the correct song, but what
you are looking for is a Different version of the Album Cover. If that is correct, you may be looking for an
'Import' version of the album. Try to remember if the person who gave it to you as a gift brought it back from
another country. Many Bands had "American Release" and "Import" versions of their albums. There were a
ton of Japanese, European, and Latin American "Imports". If this is the case, if you keep an eye on Ebay
and search online vintage record stores, eventually you will find it. Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You could ask the man himself.

His contact details are here

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I was surprised, that song is the jam.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by Rustami

seems Tony Carey was an American but had moved to Germany and formed this band when it was released in either 1983 or 4 and since album was from my parents I'm pretty certain it was probably from Western Auto, Montgomery Ward or maybe even what was that Franklins 5 and Dime or Thrift? Piggly Wiggly (lol) -whatever was in west Texas at the time
edit on 15-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by Rustami

I was surprised, that song is the jam.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

yepski I thought so too and obviously definately when I was around 12ish but when I heard the 2010 I definately had a twilite zone-ish moment
edit on 15-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

cool, I think I'll do just that-thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It is a pity that i don't have it.

join