It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bored Little Cell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Just a quick thought for you guys, you know about how dogs are happier when they have a purpose in life, wether it be a farm dog, or a seeing eye dog, etc.

What if sickness and disease is serving more then one purpose, I mean the obvious purpose is to kill us off so we don't sit around here all day and make room for others
.... but besides that what if its to give the cells in your body something to do, if they had nothing to fight off then there wouldn't be a purpose for them and they would probably not exist.

So did the universe give us the problem of disease first or after it gave us the abilities to fight it off.

Good animation of inner workings of the body:

vimeo.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

You have a sound point. Everything requires something to give it some kind of purpose, since it is there for a reason. Whether it be through "good" or "bad" is irrelevant. Without diseases, we wouldn't have the cells needed to fight them off, etc.

I think you are just looking at things through a different perspective, which is refreshing. I think diseases came first.
edit on 14-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
actually i was reading some scifi book where the author talks about how about a 3rd of our dna is made up of old retroviruses. Some viruses can effect the placenta of a women who is about to have a child and it can cause genetic alterations in the child and some of them are not bad. this may be why countries are trying to stop illness from happening or are make new ones that are stronger to halt progression from happening. if you think about how your body reacts to viruses it would make sense because that very virus is trying to change your dna you get sick vomit, poop, its extreme. Why? Because its evil lol no because its a type of parasite and your the host. Its shell is left in your dna as it dies or spreads though your system it in effect is evolution changing us slowly. While some kid may get improved eye sight while one gets some crazy type of bone fusing that hurts him. In the wild this person would die and thus that gene would die before he had time to mate. While the one with improved eye sight would mate a lot because he was a good hunter.

new topics

join