It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Branes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
First off this topic could probably go into a number of forums so please forgive me if it is in the wrong place. Secondly I do not have a bunch of knowledge in these subjects so this post may be kind of noobish to some but this is all brand new to me.

As I understand these things you can have up to nine dimensions. I guess you could look at it as a few sheets of paper lined up next to each other. Just imagine that you could take a normal 8.5" x 11" piece of paper and sit it on it's edge and just keep lining them up if that makes any sense to you. I am not the best at explaining things.

Now these sheets of (branes) are extremely close to each other and every long once in awhile they touch creating an explosion of sorts and release energy back into itself. Hence the rippling of the branes.

Now all these branes and dimensions are always ever so close without actually touching because if they did touch all the time I guess the proposed theory is a bing bang of sorts. A tremendous amount of energy being release very rapidly.

What if these branes actually get close enough to let something from another dimension to be visible to to the next sheet over?

Like I said before I am not nearly intelligent enough to even begin to know where to go with this but what I was thinking is that their may be some truth to these branes when it comes to stuff like ghosts etc. Maybe when you die you leave this dimension and go into the next but every once in awhile when conditions are right the branes get close enough for things to move between them but the branes themselves never touch. Maybe that is how spirits get lost. They get stuck in our world because the conditions are not right for them to get back. Sort of like a hiccup in the system.

Maybe they are just different levels of being what we are. Maybe the future is in the next brane over and maybe the past into another? Maybe thats why certain people have gifts that others don't have? Maybe the mind can travel between these branes but the physical can't. Their have been exceptional people in the world that have been able to gain levels of consciousness beyond the normal persons boundaries. Maybe everybody can do it but it takes an exceptional level of concentration to do it. Kind of like astral projection. Maybe that is why people can see their body from above when they leave the physical body. Just maybe you are able to free yourself from the bonds of this dimension and cast yourself into another while staying tethered to your physical body in the dimension your body resides in.

I hope maybe this sparks up some good conservation other then my total lack of knowledge in cosmo physics. I would also like to add that I am not under the influence of anything lol. For some reason I saw this show on branes and it seemed to unlock a bunch of stuff if you really think about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I would like to know more about how the BRAIN could compute understanding of more complex knowledge.

For instance, if you gave a human the intelligence of common consciousness in complete 3 dimensional understanding, they would know everything about our 3 dimensional world.

If you gave a child the understanding of the 4th dimension, in our 3 dimensional world and you would learn more knowledge of the world from the child than you would from the adult.

Dimensional understanding is our currently evolutionary short cut.

By understanding things dynamically, intelligence grows exponentially.

Speculation is a blessing.

A.
edit on 14-11-2010 by Analyzing because: Finishing post

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
In addition to my previous post, our atmosphere is highly stable due to our universe's massive lifespan.
Chemicals do not excited and ignite like they did in the beginning.

I believe that dark energy, or dark matter, is essentially just the 4th dimensional radiation of our universe's chemistry.

Dark matter would be to mountains as 3rd dimension is to tectonic plates/earths surface.

The mountain's altitude above the surface level is like the dark matters volume, essentially.

Of course, it's speculation, but as part of the omniscient - it has it's real world applications.

I'm excited to relate the future's knowledge to yesterday's knowledge.

A.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Analyzing

The OP is not referencing BRAINS he is talking about Branes.

Just for the OP to be interested in the subject impressed the heck out of me.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

From what I recall, Branes= Membrane theory, that is our Universe is one huge bubble and it may be in a sea of bubbles. I believe it has to do with whole universe's. Dimensions are different. They are inside each universe. Then there are different timelines et cetera. We are spititual, mystical beings moving through time. Our consciousness moves through time. Time doesn't move by us. Actually time is an illusion in this holographic universe. I think this is all just a big game that we all agreed to play. So to play the game we must forget who we truely are....Divine beings. I'm getting bored with this game and am sick of games period. Now I want to go out and create someting really cool...like a universe full of hippies!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I like M-Theory. The bubbles in my bath are always making me think of it. I scoop up a double handful and contemplate

They say branes are smooth and might even cause mini big bangs when they touch.

Here is something I did recently and interestingly enough I named it Brane Kiss. It's not smooth but when I rendered it that's what it reminded me of. Branes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb478bcb0889.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Wow.
I was thinking how odd it was for me to remember a whole bunch of things that I never really forgot, but something in my mind seemed to snap almost... like a thin, transparent layer of skin that allowed me to veiw certain things deep within my mind that I then could all of the sudden feel in a way I had never felt before... and I mention this because to try to describe it, it sounds a lot like this in my mind. Something very close, indescribably close but still something separates one from the other even though there is some kind of abstract, intangible perception between the two at times. Odd.

... but this idea in the OP, it still just blew my mind to even try to grasp something like that in actuality.
So, what kind of event or circumstances would have to take place in order for this to happen, do you suppose... and also, could this possibly have anything to do with the very fundamental basics of life itself and the idea that it's all connected/is no coincidence/supports an idea that time is very multi-faceted and possibly even wraps around itself entirely?

I better watch out before I give myself a headache, lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

What I was thinking that maybe these branes have a charge of some kind. I think the surface of these dimensions are separated by magnetic forces. Each brane that faces each other has has the same magnetic charge. I think that they repel each other all the time to keep everything in balance. I don't know really how to explain this but i will do my best.

If you go back to my original example try to picture it in your head. I guess you could take pieces of paper and put a negative sign on one site and a positive on the other. With all the paper marked stand them up on their edges again and make sure that negative is facing negative and positive facing positive. They would naturally repel each other but I think that the other side would sort of bleed through to its opposing force.

P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 P7 P8 P9
-|+ +|- -|+ +|- -|+ +|- -|+ +|- -|+

If you think about everything being in a bubble or what not and our universe is expanding then maybe P1 and P9 are coming together just like a bubble.

I will have to figure out a way to explain the rest. I will try a bit later.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
M-Theory is a bit too much hocus pokus for my tastes. Many of the suggestions found in it's mathematics are exciting and fantastical, but I questions it's value at this point in our scientific evolution.

I feel that the structure of the universe and indeed the "mega-verse" (that which is beyond) is likely to be visible and otherwise measurable, thus comprehensible to the current human mind. I would like to see us take an approach to our theoretical research that goes a few steps short of an attempt to grasp the complexity of extra dimensional space and time and simply seeks to evolve our view and understanding of the space and time in which we directly, detectably, exist.

The mathematical concept of fractal dimensions is the, I believe, the fundamental basis for the extension of our knowledge at this point. It is a logical extrapolation of knowledge to assume that our 3 dimensional universe is structured in a functionally similar manner as a super cluster, galaxy, solar system, planetary system and finally (so far) an atom.

This view would suggest that there are other universes around us, existing in the same medium. With sufficient technological expertise we may even travel to them one day, just as we may learn to travel to other stars or even galaxies just as we have learned to travel to other planets and moons.

Somewhere along the line we will need to explore extra dimensional space and time, but I feel that at our current level of development we are reaching too far. It all starts to feel like a mythical legend when you look at the oddities of M theory.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

I think that these "extra dimensions" are probably what we are lacking knowledge in. I think we need to go beyond our current scope and dig in. I am not trying to define the universe at all but what I am trying to do is figure out how we can have spirits, ghost etc that seem to be "stuck" in Limbo. Even without seeing one I believe they exist and maybe some of this explains why they are here and how they got here. If everybody is made out of some kind of energy maybe it can be transferred from dimension to dimension some how sort of like a ripple. They might be more common then we think.

To me this would make a lot of sense. It is a bunch of what if's and whatnot's but you can apply so much to it when you sit down and really think about it. I jut wish I was smart enough to take it to the next level and really be able to apply things to it.

010011010110000101110100011010000010000001101101011000010110101101100101011100110010000001110100011010000110010100100000011101110110111101110010011011 000110010000100000011001110110111100100000011100100110111101110101011011100110010000101110

new topics

top topics

join