It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Government's or Religion's Hand in Last Wishes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
You wish to not be buried in a grave. You wish to have your dead body to be layed up on top of the ground at a graveyard.

Question is this, which will not RESPECT your last wishes of that unique kind? Government? Religion? Family? The graveyard staff? All of the above?

I mean, the person who wsihes such maybe wants their dead body to be as food for the insects as a way to break bread with the insect kingdom.

What about you? Will you deny that kind of person's last wishes if the very person was a close relative? Why?

Conspiracies against one's last wishes: Are they real? According to what I know, the government can't not allow freedom of religion. Correct? So think about that. If you have your own religion where dead bodies must be placed on top of the ground, will the government violate freedom of religion then against said religion actually accomplishing its practice?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by XsameXoneXotherX

they arrest rasties smoking chib. I don't think they'll have a prob burying you even though your religion says no.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I personally wish not to be buried or cremated, nothing to do with religion, I just don't like the idea of being buried or burned. I choose to donate my corpse to a body farm.

It's not really feasible to allow people to deposit their corpses above ground wherever they choose. It's a health hazard. This is just common sense, not a conspiracy or the government interfering in our religious freedoms.

If a person wants not to be buried conventionally or cremated...there are other options available.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XsameXoneXotherX

I don't know. I am still pi$$ed about not being able to bury my grandfather where he requested to be buried. He had about 600 acres in NC that has been in the family for a really long time. Six generations to be exact. They have a small burial plot where old family members are buried and we tried to get a permit to bury him their but it was refused. We buried him in a private graveyard. One day I hope to figure out a way to remove his body and place him where he wanted to be buried.

As far as just being laid out somewhere to decay I personally do not have a problem with that. Just as long it is not in the middle of the street or something like that. But then again who am I or anybody else to tell you what you can do with the dead.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Freedom of religion is deeply misunderstood.

You have the right to believe whatever you want. How you act, however, is subject to regulation. If that action is a primarily promoted by genuine religious impulses, then a court may question the government as to the legitimacy of its interest in denying you the right to perform your action. In the case of "improper disposal of human remains," I can think of numerous arguments the government could present which would cause its regulation to prevail over your last wishes. Among these, off the top of my head, are the public health issues, matters related to criminal activity, and interference with the peaceable enjoyment of their property by those who own land near to where you wish to rot/be eaten.

None of your rights are absolute. Your right to swing your fist ends just before the tip of my nose. You do not have the right to *falsely* yell fire in a crowded theater. (I hate that that always gets misquoted. People forget the "falsely" and make it sound like you can't yell fire when, in fact, the theater is on fire -- which would be stupid.) And you can't form the First Church of Weed and Speed and claim the right to do all the drugs you want. It's been tried. It doesn't work.

new topics

top topics

join