It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Soldiers from around the World...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
Women should not be in the military.

Anything that does what they can do needs to be protected better than that.

This world is becoming so convoluted.

Not sure I agree with you on that. Who are we to tell women what they can and can't do? If they are capable, which they must be to qualify for their position in the first place then why shouldn't they? They have as much right as us.

Im not a fan of glamorising the armed forces for women because its giving a false impression of what will actually be like but if these women want to be in the army then let them. They've got more balls than me because I certainly wouldn't want to go to war as I don't think I could kill someone.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by SirKnightE
The picture at 41 seconds prooves why a woman should not be behind a weapon unless it is absolutly neccasry.
Sure a woman can join the military all she wants as long as its only combat support, not actual combat.

You seem to know jack about both modern military and women.

Women are extremely capable warriors and some of them are masters of psychological tactics, which they like to use on us often just because they can. I don't know about national armies where women are still discriminated against and even raped, but realistic military movements treat women as equals and they operate as equals, or even better in some cases.

Remember, men kill men but women are good at screwing over men before they kill them, so I'd rather have them on my side

Cool story bro.....[sarcasm]

So basicly you just confirm what I said, woman can be in a military, but better off not behind a weapon. Seeing as how i'm a veteran and married, i'm pretty sure I know a little bit about both. Thank you, you're dismissed now
edit on 25-11-2010 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'd bet most of those in the first video were not real sodiers....one had a maroon beret with an SAS cap badge on.
Probably some catalogue model for combat gear or something.

That aside, i have no problem with women in the forces, i've worked with many (can't say any of them looked like those in that first video mind), but in many cases they were good at their jobs.

To be honest, there were some women who shouldn't have ever been given a uniform, and there were guys that shouldn't have either. There were women that excelled at their jobs, and the same for men.

The only difficulties i ever saw was the physical capabilities of women in more active roles. A lot could not carry weight, we would end up helping out which just added to our own weight. I think in the nine years i was in, i can count on one hand the women i met who would could easily have gone for some of the more extreme roles in the army. In that case, i say let them try whatever the guys get to try, if they pass they pass.

However i am talking about the more physical roles. When it comes to intelligence and common sense, i would say the ladies outweighed the gents greatly. Many a time a female patrol partner of mine has stopped a potentialy volatile situation getting worse by dealing with it in a way that a guy maybe wouldn't.

At the end of the day, there are both male and females that are good for the forces, some are absoloutely atrocious.

One thing i do know though....they never looked anything like that first vid!!!

CX.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Do you think you would feel, act or think differently if it was a female army which you faced in a WWIII situation? If you had the choice to fight a man or woman in hand to hand, which would you choose?

edit on 14-11-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

That's irrelevant to me- I would kill whoever is pointing a weapon at me, regardless of their sex....

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Several points to be made in regards to this topic:

1. If a woman signs up for military duty, then she should be prepared for military duty. That means ALL its rigors and potential outcomes. I am not in the military, but I have spent a LIFETIME around the military and have been trained in military style. I recently worked with a woman who had been an officer in the Air Force. She basically ran a desk job the entire time she was in. I was really shocked at her lack of emotional resolve in dealing with difficult or dangerous tasks. I kept thinking "this is who is defending my liberty? really?" Of course, she would likely never see combat so I guess it doesn't matter, but I figure if the shoe fits....then why not? If a woman is tough enough (psychologically and physically), then there is no reason why she should *not* be on the front lines. Some women soldiers I've seen are bigger and stronger than the men next to them.

2. A favorite argument of naysayers is the whole rape card. Don't forget that men can be and are raped too. Doesn't stop the military from signing them up, eh? In my opinion, the potential for rape is always there whether you are in the military or not. The problem seems to be the lack of prosecution of such crimes or prosecution with no real penalties. You don't fix the problem by removing the women. You fix the problem by making sure the guys at top stop minimizing and covering up the crime. That being said, if you are a woman and you are going into the military, you should familiarize yourself with the statistics and mentally prepare yourself for the possibility. It doesn't make it OK...but if you have a plan ahead of time, you are less likely to become a victim.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The picture at 41 seconds prooves why a woman should not be behind a weapon unless it is absolutly neccasry.
Sure a woman can join the military all she wants as long as its only combat support, not actual combat.

You seem to know jack about both modern military and women.

Women are extremely capable warriors and some of them are masters of psychological tactics, which they like to use on us often just because they can. I don't know about national armies where women are still discriminated against and even raped, but realistic military movements treat women as equals and they operate as equals, or even better in some cases.

Remember, men kill men but women are good at screwing over men before they kill them, so I'd rather have them on my side

Cool story bro.....[sarcasm]

So basicly you just confirm what I said, woman can be in a military, but better off not behind a weapon. Seeing as how i'm a veteran and married, i'm pretty sure I know a little bit about both. Thank you, you're dismissed now
edit on 25-11-2010 by SirKnightE because: (no reason given)

Well, maybe in your land of Texas women might be viewed as too inferior to serve in combat but up here in Canada, women tend to be treated just the same as men (aside from separate washrooms). We may not have the same equality as say, the EU, but we definitely have women up here who can handle a rifle much more efficiently than some idiot men.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
I wouldnt worry about them ,the female species can be pretty aggressive at times.Send them out at the right time of month and the the enemy will be cowering in their foxholes.The Russian female pilots were also pretty handy against the Germans.

Some of the best Russian snipers were women... Lyudmila Pavlichenko was credited with over 300 kills in WWII...

Women are generally more patient and less impulsive than most men, which is why women are better than men at some things...

Magnum

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
From a historical standpoint, women were more valuable than men in tribal culture. Four women and one man means four babies. Four men and one woman means one baby. That's why women were initially the gender which stayed at home and didn't hunt. Now naturally that isn't true in all societies, but it makes perfect sense.

In regard to the current military setup--women are not supposed to serve in combat arms in America, because studies conducted by the DoD, saw medics, male and female, treat a women first who only had a minor, non threatening injury over a male who had a serious, life threatening injury. It's ingrained into our minds from a young age that women need more than men. I'm not saying it's right, but it's true.

This doesn't really matter, however, as women serve and die just like men. My wife is an MP, and she does combat patrols the same as the infantry in Iraq. It's nothing personal against women, but in a massive conflict, the studies showed that medics would treat women first, regardless of injury. That's why they wouldn't be storming the beaches at Normandy, etc etc. That is not to say they shouldn't, I've met some hard ass Army women, foreign chicks included. (Those Israeli girls are hard core) I would rather some women with me in a combat scenario over some of the men I've come across any day, but it's simply perception at this moment in time. It's changing though, so hopefully some of these women who have a bigger dick than me can be the trail blazers in the near future.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I was a female in the military.

Give me a gun or grenade and I will protect myself, and you too.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
Humans are the only species that will kill and or put the very thing it needs in order to propagate its species in the line of fire.
personily i dont care im not the fool you are .
bad enough men kill men thats not enough for you lets make men kill woman to alest ther wont be a next gereration of war moners who wish to kill woman born.
i dont say a woman cant kill ov corse they can kill but i do say a dead woman can never have a child wile theres always anothe guy to provide the sperm.
its not a question of if they can be a strong or as fast or as visios as a man its a question of IF YOU KILL ALL THE WOMAN then you sepcies is EXTINCT . stupid HUMANS

Come on now if you kill ALL the men also then the human race is extinct also you silly human.. If you kill a man the only man left in his bloodline then you kill his lenage from the way you bring it to the table a man can find any women to carry HIS bloodline. By the way not too many women in todays age and modern cultural that will let their man be with 3 other women.
edit on 27-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
the hardest task for any man is to educate a woman. when i was in the army it was common for women to become what i would liken as a shell because of the interaction with humanity (mankind and those who are kind to mankind), these interactions included rapes and falsedeeds to a womans affections; after all is said and done im sure the women felt their experience was great because as i said earlier the hardship was the toll taken on the men for having women "around".

i think its inappropriate to advertise women soldiers in a sexual fashion; but thats the prude in me.

since there is no stability in the constant known as society; if a battalion of women alone could march on a city and raze it to the ground for the sake of an order: is the resultant outcome really what a man expected? i doubt such as much.

women are too much of an unknown to have as a battlefield application; unless the known quantities of said force is the intent of use.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
the hardest task for any man is to educate a woman. when i was in the army it was common for women to become what i would liken as a shell because of the interaction with humanity (mankind and those who are kind to mankind), these interactions included rapes and falsedeeds to a womans affections;

Alas, see my point #2 in earlier post....

I lay odds I could "out-educate" you any day. Simple fact is that some women are born soldiers and some are not, same as men. Generalizations never fit anyone and if you base your opinions on them, you are a fool.

Let me give you another example... My husband is a mortician. I watch him work on dead bodies all day long and it doesn't bother me a bit. Doesn't bother our kids either. Yet, people tell me *all the time* - both men and women - "I couldn't do that job....no way in hell!"

Being a soldier is a JOB. Some are cut out for it and some are not. Gender has nothing to do with it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
your post is prime example of why women are excluded in certain rites, circles, fellowships, brotherhoods, and practices.

if there are to be women soldiers; there should be an all woman force that does not have autonomy because no branch of military has such.and when the playing field is equal tell me if an all woman force would not have problems permitting a few male soldiers for duties or commissions.

its just a stupid idea and should be left at that; but if women want to continue to quantify the depths of mans heart by placing themselves in places man has told himself they are not permitted feel free; i have seen the repercussion, and find the act of temptation illegal.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

These statements indicate your misperception.

My husband is a master mason. Never have I had a desire to join the masons. Nor could I...being a woman. I am fine with that!

But being a soldier and defending our liberty and country is drastically different than joining a secret society. Women, as citizens, have every right and can be just as capable as men who serve.

The two "ideals" you hold are not equivalent.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
yet again you are an excellent example of why i disagree with women in the military and as soldiers; but to the point:

Women, as citizens, have every right and can be just as capable as men who serve.

every right to do what?

as capable as men to serve?

But being a soldier and defending our liberty and country is drastically different than joining a secret society.

in truth the military is a society unto itself that predates masonry and "your" charter for what liberty is; frankly i donot trust a woman to uphold this society that is not a secret, nor a homosexual. but to be honest with you most good killers/men/soldiers are not accepted within the social construct outside of patriarchy/military/republic/democracy/family/home; yet it is still improper to say because you have created a social construct and labeled it the "military" and placed it above the military that what you have constructed is compatible.which is relative to your husband dont you think; i mean a person who speculates on a curse is much different that a person who acts in ways but is cursed, kinda like a construct based on a prior social structure.

also i should pm this to you but since you seem to be reading my posts this is probably the best place to put it;
if i am christian/catholic/muslim/buddist/etc and my wife has a discussion at the citys forum about an issue that has nothing to do with my cultivation of spirituality, she is betraying me to bring up such(my "religion") in her discourse, based on the whim of a hippocratic philosophical debate! personally i feel you are irresponsible and foul and would hate for you to be the person who decides has to die for the maintenance of my "freedoms", but your a woman so its irrelevant how i feel about you personally. since in addendum to my prior judgements you are in awareness of how i feel it is improper for a woman to be in the ranks of the military.

but back on topic; show me a woman who is head of your statements or a member of your congress that joins this mans army; because for all the talk ive never seen the action.

also i feel as a man sometimes war and military tactics can be miscalculated and underestimated when it pertains to the use of women for means of "warfare". zena is not pussy galore.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Some men will never accept women in the military just like some little boys couldn't accept listening to they mamas.

*walks out laughing to find orange x*

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Im liking the blonde chick blue eyes at 47 sec

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Wow,again that is a great video.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
yet again you are an excellent example of why i disagree with women in the military and as soldiers; but to the point:

Women, as citizens, have every right and can be just as capable as men who serve.

every right to do what?

as capable as men to serve?

Now I think you are just being purposely obtuse. Women have every right to defend the ideals of their country by fighting against its enemies - both seen and unseen. History has numerous accounts across all cultures of women warriors who prove just as fierce, deadly, and capable as their male counterparts. I laugh and piss on the graves of the idiotic men who underestimated them.

in truth the military is a society unto itself that predates masonry and "your" charter for what liberty is; frankly i donot trust a woman to uphold this society that is not a secret,

How convenient of you to forget that women played a critical role in the creation and development of America....or perhaps you need to be re-educated in a proper history lesson? Of course, how assumptuous of me...are you even an American? If not, then perhaps I shall grant you some leniency and tolerance for your cultural background.

nor a homosexual. but to be honest with you most good killers/men/soldiers are not accepted within the social construct outside of patriarchy/military/republic/democracy/family/home; yet it is still improper to say because you have created a social construct and labeled it the "military" and placed it above the military that what you have constructed is compatible.which is relative to your husband dont you think; i mean a person who speculates on a curse is much different that a person who acts in ways but is cursed, kinda like a construct based on a prior social structure.

The ridiculousness of this statement is so ostentacious that it almost seems a waste of time to respond to it. However, I'm going to assume that your experience with women has been limited to obsequious, meek, or shallow-minded wastes of space and, thus, your tunnel-vision is consequential, if boorish. You see, some women can be the *perfect* cold-blooded killers. They'd shoot you through your black heart without so much as a twitch of the eye or cut off those silly little balls you seem so proud of and hang them like a trophy from the rearview mirror. I could tell you...but what would be the point? Talking to you is as effective as talking to a box of rocks. So perhaps its better to tell the "little woman" whom you seem to think you are protecting. I'd bet she'd understand the nature of the viper you are toying with....because women have the ability to see things that men will *never* understand or can replicate.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i commend your use of hyperbole. its is as equal to the battle prowess and courage a woman signifies in the face of her own dissolution.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join