It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Son's deployment orders. A Post from the Wife

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This concerns me for many reasons, not the least of which that it means there are more armed troops on US soil.

In the posted article in this thread it mentioned that these troops will not make arrests. What exactly will they do then?

Then there is the other side of this-if this was contracted out, everyone would be crying out. Let's remember that the alternative would be Xe, or Wackenhut, or one of them. And nobody wants that either.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Infosec?

No need to 404, the whole thing is to prove a point.

Also, I found EL PASO was one of the safes cities with a population over 500,000. The perceived "crime on the borders" is simply a complete misrepresentation of data. There is crime on our border, and it is not as bad as other places and most of the "crime on the border" occurs over the border in Mexico.

In fact, if the crime on the border came to the Great Lakes and kicked out the crime we have here, this would be a much safer place.

Crime: it only matters when its not American.....

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Not to be a jerk but there is no way those cities are a 3 1/2 hour drive from El Paso it's more like 13 1/2
It would be nice to see the government step up the border patrol to deal with this. Considering how bad the situation is down there our troops will be a great help.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hooptie

I meant 3.5 hour drive from where I am. Sorry for the confusion.

It would be nice to see the government step up the border patrol to deal with this. Considering how bad the situation is down there our troops will be a great help.

My point was that the situation is not that bad down there and the only reason we even care is because outsiders are commiting the crimes. When Americans commit crimes in places like Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland, or Columbus no one gives a damn.... and those criminals are much better at it.

When outsiders commit crimes, we care. We call for action. When insiders commit crimes, the thought of getting the National Guard to patrol the city streets in high crime cities like I mentioned is utterly crazy.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

OH please!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join