It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neural Geometry and Hypnogogic Holographic Rendering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This thread is in regards to how the brain renders a perception of "Reality" based on sensory perception using digital modelling similar to what 3D movies and video games employ.

To cite current research into brain neurology and digital information processing we look at Professor Randall O'Reilly of the University of Colorado at Boulder research in 2006 into the Prefrontal Cortex and Basal Ganglia which shows that the brain uses an on/off state for neurons showing an uncanny similarity to how computers use binary "bits" as part of it's information processing.

O'Reilly describes a state that the brain uses a cellular lattice that shows a type of cellular automata when processing the most advanced aspects of higher human intelligence and brain function at these two regions of the brain.

Keep in mind this happens at the scale of the entire neuron. The reason why we look at scale and treat this as important is because the entire neuron also has at the quantum level, a quantum lattice in the axion/dendrils of the neuron where the microtubules have a cytoskeleton which contains alpha/beta tubulin lattice that form a quantum automata representing carbon-atom pairs of on/off to further digital information processing within living systems.

This is furthered by Sir Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff's research into what is now known as the "Orch Or" model of consciousness. In the quantum scale, the brain is using infra-red photons and ions within a holographic defractor found in the natural brain geometry of the alpha/beta tubulin lattice.

The Human Brain has naturally and effectively evolved to use in several scales (quantum, cellular and group cellular) information processing and natural binary data processing that the Human Brain is in effect, natures Quantum Neuralcomputer.

Why this is important is that our brain is effectively a natural rendering farm that takes in sensory data and through a series of transformations: turing sensory radiations, vibrations and chemistry into electrical signals that travel to the brain, which then are transformed into coherent photons (hameroff/penrose) which then stimulate the alpha/beta tublin to create a holographic packet that scales up into larger Newtonian Scale brain neurons and chemistry to produce a M-Feild of perception rendered and outputted on a virtual holodeck of the mind.

You may need to google cellular automata to see how in nature and in any lattice we have the mechanics for natural information processing and computation. That nature already uses computation and digital binary on/off states to calculate what is effectively natures Rendering Farm. A process of perception that is nearly identical to how a computer renders 3D graphics, but within the small space between the ears.

Here is a triangular lattice, and I have coloured it to show that it forms a natural 3D geometry to create an illusion of 3D space within a 2D surface. I will argue that our brain also uses a 2D screen by which it renders an artificial neural generated 3D model of perceived reality.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19f21cdde9cb.png[/atsimg]

If we look at perception, and see this geometry of triangles there is something called Hypnogogia that occurs when we fall asleep at night which produces natural fractal like patterns showing some type of Neural Geometry. This natural neural geometry is the framework of an underlying "mesh" system that the brain uses to process and render sensory visual data into a 3D model that is no more than a holographic projection of perception.

The use of drugs such as '___', '___', Psilocyben, Salvia etc create interference in the rendering process of perception and ultimately reveals an incomplete rendering where such triangular and geometric patterns have emerged. This has been also known since the time of Plato and Aristotle who both have commented on hypnogogic patterns.

Hypnogogia is the brains natural neural geometry and is effectively the triangular lattice above scaled down into a more macro level to describe the underlying spacial dimensions of perceived visual perception to create a 3D holographic digital hologram for us to interact with.

Our sensory model of reality is effectively a digital simulation within the brain. A video game equivalent of information processing. Everything we experience within this M-Field of perception is effectively a digital process of interpreted sensory data. Our entire subjective reality is always and will always be the product of sensory information processing and natural neural geometry.

What are your thoughts and experiences with your own natural neural geometry as it describes your visual rendering of reality? Plato touched on this in his Cosmology and the Timaeus. Humans have known for thousands of years that the mind some how produces a geometrical matrix by which our perception of reality is rendered.

It is only in the 21st century do we know that this is actually natures form of 3D modelling through digital information processing within the quantum neurocomputer we call the human brain. What does that say for the power of human cognition and reality rendering. Are humans in effect, a walking talking reality rendering farm?

Your thoughts...

edit on 14-11-2010 by YouAreDreaming because: Img tag fix

edit on 14-11-2010 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I love this! I do think this is very plausible and I honestly could accept it if this turns out to be the all encompassing proven thought on how the brain perceives the world around us. Thank you so much for this. I am looking further into O'Reilly's papers, do you have any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Acedrew89

You could read Brian Whitworth's paper on "The Physical Word as Virtual Reality", or Tom Campbell's "My-big-toe". There are some very interesting view points forming on how we perceive reality from the virtual reality perspective.

All of which I find interesting. Most importantly, we obviously do render an experience of reality from our sensory perception, closing and opening our eyes is the self-evident proof. How this scales up into digital reality and 3D modelling within living systems is the debate of this thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Just a shameless bump for the day crowd.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hi. Former psychedelic user here. It was this right here that sparked some interest:

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
The use of drugs such as '___', '___', Psilocyben, Salvia etc create interference in the rendering process of perception and ultimately reveals an incomplete rendering where such triangular and geometric patterns have emerged. This has been also known since the time of Plato and Aristotle who both have commented on hypnogogic patterns.

Is that to explain why I tended to see more of these shapes and such while under the influence? I think that is what I got from all this but please explain if I am incorrect.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Is that to explain why I tended to see more of these shapes and such while under the influence? I think that is what I got from all this but please explain if I am incorrect.

Yes the reason for the geometry is the drug has acted as a type of interference preventing the brain from fully rendering the final qualities of your sensory perception. The geometry is this underlying neural geometry that is effectively a "meshing" system where the brain uses natural geometry to create a 3D spacial illusion and plot out all the other qualities such as color, texture and contrast.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I think I have learned more from your threads than any other member on ATS. I appreciate that and sorry for the odd question focusing on just that part of your post, just fascinated me a little.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Thanks Endtime,

It's also important to note that I meant to say the interference of drugs is likely causing the "see sounds, taste colors" effect on perception where the brain now renders visually the underlying neural geometry as some visual form rather then keeping it hidden as the underlying spacial mesh.

top topics

join