It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removing my belief system from my life (Bible, Cross and American Flag)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
you dont have to cling onto any of that.

just live life not for the worse and you'll be fine.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
you dont have to cling onto any of that.

just live life not for the worse and you'll be fine.

Question for you:
From what person is that quote taken from?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Originally posted by Annee
Sort of. Its taken me a lifetime to understand you can not blame things on your childhood. You can't go backward - you can only go forward. Holding On is restrictive. Letting Go is freedom.

Everyone is a product of "life lessons" - - to turn the negative into positive - - first requires the mindset that you not only have the right to do so - - you must do so.

Choice is the key word. Unfortunately - - not everyone "wakes up" to understand they have choice.

Choice is a Responsibility that has to be deliberately taken. Many people "fall through life" following what ever path they stumble onto - - - and never reach the point/knowledge of responsible Choice.

Very true many stumble and fall or fail outright in the path to personal responsibility.

Therefore in the same token of my previous post I would say it is the personal responsibility of those closest to the individual to be the guide.

In the end it is those others responsibility to be "the village" for the fallen individual "the child" so they may be risen and put back to the path.

That is not to say, as of the choosing, the path is decided for them but merely the tools to live and grow by are given.

Even when we may be physically grown there are new tools we gain everyday in the form of knowledge and wisdom.

"Wisdom, of course, being the responsibility to knowledge's action." -"L"

“To know that you know what you know, and that you do not know what you do not know,
that is true wisdom.” -Confucius

“Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you
make a life.” -Sandra Carey

I take the wisdom of Confucius to heart in the literal sense.
We know that we are unknowing of some tangible idea or thought.

And in doing so admit our lack of perfection and set a base by which to grow.

It is when we find we have nothing new to learn or feel we are fully knowledgeable that we have lost true wisdom.
That is when we need guidance when we feel we do not need it most.

p.s.- My apologies it took me so long to reply, I wasn't ignoring your response simply have been very busy lately.
edit on 28-11-2010 by LurkingSleipner because: Added quotes

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You might as well sell them. If they're not important to you, might as well make some dough off it.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
reply to post by In nothing we trust

May I ask, what makes you feel this way?

Everything is illegal

Regulations are oppresive

We are all prisoners held in a failed, oppresive system

Optimism is dead

We are all being manipulated

The elites are playing money games with funny money and pass laws to enrich themselves

The poor are too stupid to rise up or question their own situation, because they get paid by the elite to remain stupid. Well let's face it most of them are stupid even if they don't get paid.

The media controls peoples thoughts by broadcasting whatever version of the truth they feel like portraying.

Nobody can agree on anything

No one is responsible for anything

Everyone is greedy

They all want money, so let's give it to 'em

Spin up the printing presses boys - Let them eat paper

Even those who feel like I do feel helpless to do anything

What kind of a future am I leaving to my kids?

Something that I believe in?
edit on 14-11-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

Every thing you have said here is true, but I would like you to hear my answers opposed to yours. Look I know when times get tough, most people want to give up. But it is this moment we must look at the good things not the bad, because if we choose the bad, we loose focus and if we lose focus we may endanger our own life. Now I follow my own made up religion with, made up of many others. I do not believe in personal items i.e material things. Because in the end, they really mean nothing when you are dead, even if you pass them on to your children, which they can buy there own by the way. And they way kids are going these days, they will probably just throw it away any way, because it will either fall apart, or they have no interest in it what so ever. Only because they have learned from us, and that every thing we posses is always in our heart and not our hands. Any way let me respond to your answers.

1. "Everything maybe illegal, But it only illegal, if they find out about it. In other words keep it to your self, trust no one. as long as your not harming others, your safe."

2. Regulations are oppressive?, "I am not sure what this is referring to, but it must be important if its oppressive. No pun intended. But hey at least I am not running the show, and getting my ass kicked from it. "

3. We are all prisoners held in a failed, oppressive system. "Well not really, we only can become prisoners of our self. Only people Allow the PTB control everyone. In order for one to be free, he or she must only run by his own law. That's as long as it is not harming others, even by accident."

4. optimism is dead? "being optimistic, in the typical sense of the word, ultimately means one expects the best possible outcome from any given situation. so then the easiest thing to do is to stop thinking like that. Its only dead if you allow it to be that way within yourself. "

5. We are all being manipulated? " Again the only person who can be manipulated is your self, others will only follow. Some refuse to follow, but stick with the one law. "

6. The elites are playing money games with funny money. " Yes greed has the upper hand at the moment, but karma can be a real bitch some times. Don't worry no harm will come to the greedy, but wallowing in self pitty for the rest of there days, on how much a fool they had become. I don't know about you, but psychological head ache would be worse than physical pain. Pain is good, at least its over and done with, psychological can be Way to long and well you get the idea."

7. The poor are too stupid to rise up or question their own situation, because they get paid by the elite to remain stupid. Well let's face it most of them are stupid even if they don't get paid. "The only best answer for this, is to help these people get back on there feet, All people need some help every now and then."

8. The media controls peoples thoughts by broadcasting whatever version of the truth they feel like portraying. "Well this is one Good reason I do not watch or follow it, And now I think you know what to do there."

9. Nobody can agree on anything. " I Totally agree with you there"

10. No one is responsible for anything. "who, what, when, where are the greatest tools a man or woman has against the PTB. Use the same things upon those who do the distracting first.

11.Everyone is greedy. "well I am not greedy, are you, that makes 2, I know a few others, so that makes about 5. So you see not everybody, just most.

12. They all want money, so let's give it to 'em. "Well we could do that, or we could just not give it to them
or only give them a small amount by purchasing food. And not buy materiel possessions. So in a sense you are giving it too them any way. So the reverse is needed. What always happens to those who don't realize what they have until it's all gone?"

13. Spin up the printing presses boys - Let them eat paper. " This is obviously another proof of what greed can do to people. Like I already said, Karma can be a bitch."

14. Even those who feel like I do feel helpless to do anything. " The only thing I can say to this is, positive thinking can go along way, but those who can put action to there positive thoughts can go all the way."

15. What kind of a future am I leaving to my kids? " as I have kids of my own, I would like to add, that as long as I keep teaching the errors of mans ways, and teach them how to fix these ways, they will have a very bright future, because in the end they are our future. It's depends on what we teach them the way, for it to become a better place.

So if you want to throw it away, the choice is yours entirely. Possessions or no possessions is the only choice to make. As sometimes I might hold onto something for a while, but if it becomes to the point where it becomes rubbish, that's where it goes. I hope you feel better soon, from who is really upsetting you.. all the best and I hope some of this gave you a little laugh

Love and peace to you and yours

Rick

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Is your countries flag a belief system? lols

Why have you decided to throw out these things?

No they are probably idols

Glad you find it humorous

Because I no longer believe in America
edit on 14-11-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

The Bible is not an American posession, neither is Christianity. They belong to the world not the USA! I have had to point that out to Americans before. The arrogance of the USA believing that they are the only Christians, and that the Bible belongs to them along with Mom, apple pie and Old Glory makes me want to vomit in my mouth!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
The Bible is not an American posession, neither is Christianity. They belong to the world not the USA! I have had to point that out to Americans before. The arrogance of the USA believing that they are the only Christians, and that the Bible belongs to them along with Mom, apple pie and Old Glory makes me want to vomit in my mouth!

Out of all the things to take away from this thread?
You're upset that someone made the correlation between a nation and a book? Really?

I think your presumptuous arrogance led you to that premature conclusion without knowing for
certain what you have sorely mistaken as a proclamation to be something it may not.

The bible is not the supreme authority for everyone, and you must (if you are impartial) respect
that fact. Traditional American culture feature the bible, apple pie and old glory. THIS does not
mean that America was the progenitor, make sense?

The founding fathers never stamped "religion" as the basis for the Constitution BUT
the bible contains God's laws which were undoubtedly adhered to while writing it.
They might have even studied Egyptology considering the bible DID in fact lift
already written works thousands of years BEFORE Christ/the bible/Paul's Christianity. (see plagiarism)

Honestly now.
It's one thing to point out someone's perceived "arrogance."
It's another to actually one up their post with even MORE arrogance, wouldn't you say?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Everything is illegal

Regulations are oppresive

We are all prisoners held in a failed, oppresive system

Optimism is dead

We are all being manipulated

The elites are playing money games with funny money and pass laws to enrich themselves

The poor are too stupid to rise up or question their own situation, because they get paid by the elite to remain stupid. Well let's face it most of them are stupid even if they don't get paid.

The media controls peoples thoughts by broadcasting whatever version of the truth they feel like portraying.

Nobody can agree on anything

No one is responsible for anything

Everyone is greedy

They all want money, so let's give it to 'em

Spin up the printing presses boys - Let them eat paper

Even those who feel like I do feel helpless to do anything

What kind of a future am I leaving to my kids?

Something that I believe in?

"One should not expect too much from life, it may not
have that much to offer."

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

NEVER ever ever ever, make decisions while angry and frustrated.

Put the stuff in a box , where it'll be safe, from fire, flood etc.

Our country exists cuz God wanted it that way, and things are falling apart for a reason!

You just haven't figure a lot out yet....but we are on track

Just remember the fake shows up while we're still in flesh bodies, before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords shows

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

You're upset that someone made the correlation between a nation and a book? Really?

I think your presumptuous arrogance led you to that premature conclusion without knowing for
certain what you have sorely mistaken as a proclamation to be something it may not.

The bible is not the supreme authority for everyone, and you must (if you are impartial) respect
that fact. Traditional American culture feature the bible, apple pie and old glory. THIS does not

The founding fathers never stamped "religion" as the basis for the Constitution BUT
the bible contains God's laws which were undoubtedly adhered to while writing it.
already written works thousands of years BEFORE Christ/the bible/Paul's Christianity. (see plagiarism)

Honestly now.
It's another to actually one up their post with even MORE arrogance, wouldn't you say?

That's not all I took from the thread, but it was my first impression, yes...
No country owns God or the Bible - I just found it odd that when the OP was disillusioned with his country, he equated that with God and was ready to chuck them both!
That made no sense.
Vicky

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinesis

The Bible is not an American posession, neither is Christianity.

They belong to the world not the USA!

I have had to point that out to Americans before. The arrogance of the USA believing that they are the only Christians, and that the Bible belongs to them along with Mom, apple pie and Old Glory makes me want to vomit in my mouth!

Honestly now.

That's not all I took from the thread, but it was my first impression, yes...

No country owns God or the Bible

- I just found it odd that when the OP was disillusioned with his country, he equated that with God and was ready to chuck them both!

That made no sense.
Vicky

Does anything really make any sense Vicky?
edit on 29-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

perhaps you put too much trust into a system that is not what it appears to be.

perhaps if you searched and realized the u.s. is now a corporation, and we are subtly
operating under martial law and the 14th amendment....you may have a change of heart.

our names in all CAPS is a strawman, a fiction to do banking with, without our knowledge.
perhaps if you check around, you may find others in your area who are meeting and trying to reestablish the republic we once were, but let get away......all we need to do is reclaim it, but we have to work together.

our fed reserve notes are not really money, just debt instruments.

title 50 section 7 is supposedly our remedy....I'm not sure if that is correct or not.
but there is way more to the picture, than meets the eye, [ hey hey, my my...neil young ]

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join