It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me find my (i)ufo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It was last seen cruising over Polk County, FL at an estimated several thousand feet headed somewhat westward.

What is IS actually was an afternoon experiment to obtain aerial views of the landscape.

It consisted of 10 "Monster-Truck" mylar balloons arranged in a spoke pattern with a miniature SD video camera in the center of the spoke, angled to film slightly below the horizon.
The first launch was a success, and prompted a repositioning of the camera to get a better view of the surroundings.
I checked the video to make sure it had actually recorded and copied that file to a laptop. This one gained an altitude of around 300/400 feet. Maybe more, IDK.

The second launch, and the most fateful one, was done from the center of an abandoned orange grove and it virtually emptied the spool of 700 yards of fishing line. Upon it's retrieval, a critical error in judgment regarding the tensile strength of the fishing line was discovered. There was a 'snap'. The cluster of balloons shrank into a barely visible bright spot before some tremendous air current caught it and propelled it on a westward journey.
If anyone finds this identified flying object, you can have the camera, and the SD card - just email me the video. It HAS to be spectacular.

join