It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oceanside Man Says TSA Pat-Down Policy Goes Too Far

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjgonza87
reply to post by usmc858

so whats it gonna take for all u ppl to stop complaining about what has to be done at tha airport..if u dont like that # dont fly, simply as that. is it gonna take something like 911 to happen again to make u ppl open ur eyes and its all for safety of tha public and not to invade ur privacy ..

Why is it that the people who value their rights, or the people who refuse to give in to the terrorists...errr TSA's demands are the ones that should give up flying? Why don't those citizens who are too afraid to fly without the governments over the top intrusions find an alternative means of transportation. I believe our rights and freedoms trump your fear of the boogieman. BTW, does anyone have data on how many terrorist plotss these new measures have thwarted?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
As far as I can see the system worked and the person didn't get to fly. So what is the issue. Should we have certain planes that you can board without searches> Who would work them and how long before one would be taken out. Quit your whining and walk or take Greyhound. Personally I quit wearing underwear when I fly to make their job easier and more entertaining

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I know of two people that work for the TSA at JFK. Whenever I show my discontent for the TSA, they are the first to come to its defense, one of which calls people that show discontent for the TSA "ignorant rednecks" because most of the people you see are not posh little buggers, but rather normal people like you and me.

Well, now that I have brought this atrocity up, I cannot wait to see how these two defend it this time. Homeland Security is one of the most unconstitutional institutions in the history of the United States, probably second to the Federal Reserve.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I always opt for the pat down as it's the closest thing to romance and intimacy I'm likely to get....

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Someone - maybe me
- posted awhile ago on another thread the proposal that the TSA create a special chamber that everyone has to walk through one at a time. It would be bomb-proof and have the technology to remotely set off any explosives a person might be carrying.

Makes sense to me ...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Ugh, it's responses like this that I find totally terrifying. I'm sure you're a nice person and everything but could you do those of us that want freedom, and not control, a favor? Please move to another country that will have the police state, since you're okay with that. Go to the UK with all of the CCTV cameras or hang out in Mexico with Federale thugs, anything, just please don't encourage the officer "friendlies" of this country to encroaching on any more of our rights.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I have a question for you:

Name one possible act of terrorism that has been prevented by the TSA?

The imaging machines cannot even detect explosive material. The TSA would make sure it was all over the news – such success stories have been decidedly absent from the media, unless you count “dangerous items” as baby milk, tubes of toothpaste or contact lens fluid.

So I'm curious, what terrorism are we stopping?
Do we punish the majority because of the crimes and guilt of a very few, who were not even citizens of this country? Really? That sounds reasonable to you?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns
My wife works on healthcare and she is telling me that the exposure to this machine is not dangerous, but like all X-ray technitians in hospitals if you get exposed to xrays to much it can cause damage, I'm guessing thats the case with the pilots, if they have to be scanned each time it will not be safe for them.

I dont mind going thru this machine, heck I would love to have a XRAY picture of my body if possible
that would be nice.
edit on 14-11-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

On what basis does your wife make this assertion? Does she have access to all the scientific data - pro and against? I mean, her statement simply rubbishes some very reliable data to the contrary.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt

I have a question for you:

Name one possible act of terrorism that has been prevented by the TSA?

The imaging machines cannot even detect explosive material. The TSA would make sure it was all over the news – such success stories have been decidedly absent from the media, unless you count “dangerous items” as baby milk, tubes of toothpaste or contact lens fluid.

So I'm curious, what terrorism are we stopping?
Do we punish the majority because of the crimes and guilt of a very few, who were not even citizens of this country? Really? That sounds reasonable to you?

TSA is NOT stopping any terrorism at all, nor is that its real intention. TSA IS an act of terrorism - by the Government against its people....the most recent in a list of many.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join