It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens marketing human creativity!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What makes the world go round? Its money, its on everyones mind, how to make it, how to make more of it, how to attain vast riches through which ever scheme they can come up with either legit or other shady ways.

I was thinking if I was a alien visiting whatever planet I wanted to, lets say these types of aliens are travelers, and the majority of aliens like to stay at home and relax and only go travel when they are on vacation. Now what kind of benefit is there for most alien travelers? Discovering new planets, or resources maybe, but I think corporations would handle those ventures, not the lone traveling businessman.

But maybe this lone alien traveled to our solar system to our planet and collected anything of interest. Lets say came and pirated all of our movies, music, games, etc stored it and came back to their home planet and started marketing it as vintage or archaic amusements, maybe they don't have blues or jazz where they are from (though I doubt it) but lets say they don't and are music went on to become popular or any of our creative works started to become well liked on the planet.

Don't you think that would drive more aliens to come and visit and see what else we have for them to take and bring back with them, I can't see every advanced race of beings not interested at all with what we have created here unless its just like evolutions anwser to sight, and all alien species have created similar like contraptions and art, lets say the piano is innate in the universe, its design the 12 semi tones, 12 octaves, 7 notes do rei mei fa so la ti (which I believe it is) so that is something you could find everywhere in the universe.

Since math, and music seem like a universal language most likely we could find guitars and aliens studying similar mathematical principles though probably alot more advanced for our brains, and I'm guessing maybe there music more highly developed to effect the body on a vibratory level.

Any thoughts on this anybody?
edit on 14-11-2010 by phiktion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

Nice idea!

If there was a planet where Jazz didn't exist I would move there immediately, but thats just personal preference.

I guess that music and art would be pretty universal as it seems to have developed independently in every culture on the earth, but I wonder just how different an alien cultures music could be, as we all have to live with the same notes and just how many combinations can those note be put into.
I suppose if an alien race had different kind of senses i.e. a much larger range of hearing or vision then it could be very different, but we wouldn't be able to appreciate it.

PS
You should shrink your avatar so it shows up, it's a cool pic

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

where would the world be without music is the question!??.....

i'm just hoping aliens like a good old fashioned illegal warehouse party!

Intriguing thread though.

i'm bang up for listening to some alien music though and rippin it off.lol... i wonder what their bass is like
i bet its kinda

edit on 14/11/10 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/11/10 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I bet they have decent holograms... You just have to wonder if they'd think to paint on them.

I would love to hear an aliens take on Pythagoras' Comma though (of which I am obsessed with).

For those confused:
2 ^ 7 = 128.0
The two represents an octave (doubling of frequency to achieve the same note).

1.5 ^ 12 = 129.7463...
Multiplying any frequency by 1.5 reaches that notes '5th' interval (it's strongest partner).

129.7463... / 128.0 = 1.0136... (Pythagoras' Comma)

So in simple terms, because the second equation results in a discrepancy with the first our musical scale has to be modified to the lower quality 'Equal Temperament' scale, generating what is known as 'wolf' notes. So instead of multiplying by 1.5 to arrive at a notes 5th, we multiply by 1.4983... -or- 2 ^ (7/12).

Hope this has made sense, or was even interesting!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
@Planet teleX

That is very interesting did not know about any of that, I will be looking more into this thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think they would appreciate certain styles of music and art more than others. I'd say they would like the classical masterpieces that bach and mozart did and skip over the country and the rap music.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That is just great. Now you are going to have the music industry filing copyright law suits against aliens.

I can see it now. Lawyers from RCA and Sony driving out to Area 51 trying to deliver court papers to aliens.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is strange because recently I have been thinking that humans have been marketing ALIEN creativity.

I swear I'm starting to see it all over the place and looking back, it seems to have been there for a while.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
its possible.

i agree that range of hearing would make things a little iffy, they might have better range or worse range of hearing.

i am all for and intergalactic art exchange.

now write a song in Tibetan style and name it strawberry ice-cream.

maybe that's why they haven't interfered, they like our arts too much and they just want more.

i would love to here some reptilian heavy metal.

i think aliens would enjoy the complexities of today's heavy metal.

they could easily hijack wireless internet connections and get a bunch of music

edit on 15-11-2010 by quantumdragon because: added content

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

any examples?

?selpmaxe yna
edit on 18/11/10 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
reply to post by ChaosMagician

any examples?

?selpmaxe yna
edit on 18/11/10 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

oh man... They seem to be EVERYWHERE!

In movies, in music... even in death metal.

So many movies I can think of have plot lines that could easily be deviations of an actual truth.
I could give many examples but don't want because some might say "what? Oh it would NEVER be like that!"... but that's what deviations are for, to take a sliver of a truth and drag it way out into left field somewhere. All you have to do is look for it. I'm sure you would start noticing it. Of course you have to take all this with a grain of salt because if you didn't, it might cause some people to actually believe things that are far from true. Seriously, just start looking around.

Here... i'll give you one obscure musical example of a band I recently got into. Dark Fortress.
Look at their artwork, maybe even some of their musical concepts, hell even some of their costumes and appearances. One could easily argue it's meant to be demonic in it's symbolism... but look closely. There's a whole other side to it. Demonic vibes are certainly not the only theme that have inspired these guys in my opinion. I'm certain of it. That is just to name one example... and a very obscure one... you might have to dig around because most people probably don't know who they are and some of this stuff might not be the first things you come across. I'm not even going to mention all the popular movies that I'm having a really hard time believing the directors were simply inspired by completely human concepts.

top topics

join