It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Lesbian and Nigerian Man Arrested at Altar Moments Before Sham Marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Link to Article, DailyMail

First off, let me make it clear, this IS a DailyMail article, so with that said.

'If we uncover marriages that are not genuine, we will challenge them and prosecute where appropriate. Our main aim is to identify the organisers who profit from and fuel the demand for sham marriages, and destroy their criminal business.
'We do not expect vicars or registrars to be experts in immigration law or spotting forged documents - that’s our job. But if they have any suspicions about whether a relationship is genuine, we urge them to get in touch.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

And.

It was hardly a marriage made in heaven.
She was a lesbian from Holland and he was a man from Nigeria, with no right to live and claim benefits in Britain. Until their wedding was over that is.
But thanks to a sharp eyed vicar, this pair were arrested at the altar moments before they said their vows.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Where to start. I will start with the premise of a lesbian marrying a man, so he can get his green card and benefits. So what? Where is the crime? Marriage is between a man and a woman and who in the heck is the state or a church vicar to tell me my reasons for marriage are not valid?

It should not be against the law for a man and woman to get married, ther eis clear discrimination in this case! I do not really understand how they can be guilty of a crime, either!

And let's take this scenerio a step further. Inspired by the folks in the article, lets say a gay man and a gay woman get married so they can add each other to their insurance, all the while maintaining separate homes and lovers of their own sex.

So what? It is not fraud, marriage is open to all men and women, I think it is outrageous that someone else has the right to say your reaosns for marriage are not valid!

I hope someone can help me understand this concept of people going to jail for attempting to get married.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The law in this regard is to assist lovers to unite not as an alternative method of immigration or method to gain benefits.

One of the main arguments against homosexual marriage is that they do not produce children and therefore do not require the extra benefits provided by the government upon marriage etc ... Not that I agree with this, but it tends to invalidate marriage as a law and institution if people start doing it purely because it makes financial sense to do so.

In several countries they have legitimate methods of homosexual couples citing relationship status for immigration purposes. You can do this in Australia for example. There is no need for a sham marriage for this.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
its a con.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
they should do another article about all these commonwealth people who try and pay americans to marry or connive their way into marrying an american for citizenship. i have a sweetspot for women that dont treat me like a native so im all for me marrying a non american woman; and in most commonwealth states they probably still carry their traditions about marriage.but i am against "it" no matter how you slice "it"; if a person does not relocate themselves on their own will, trying to marry them into becoming a citizen wont work for your own hearts sake.

but if she just wanted to be a member of the commonwealth who is to refute her claim of marriage to the man from niger; and who is to vouch for her sexual preference?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Most marriages and weddings are shams.

What is easier than to make a sham of a sham?

Next thing, government officials will be watching you over the shoulder for the first three years of marriage! (including the cheating, beating and mistreating - if there's enough of it, you're really married!)

new topics

top topics

join