It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless shelters, VETS, Mentally ill, Car Living, How to Help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
www.homelessvetprovidertac.net...

Homeless Vets Technical Assistance Center

VA Expands Support for Families of Low-Income Veterans
NOFA expected by mid-December

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has announced an important program designed to provide enhanced services to low-income veterans and their families who are at risk of being homeless. Under the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program, VA will provide grants to private non-profit organizations and consumer cooperatives that will help break the cycle of homelessness among America’s veterans at risk.

The program will deliver grants to community agencies for vocational and rehabilitation counseling, employment and training service, educational assistance; and health care services.

Agencies will also provide direct financial assistance for daily living, transportation, child care, rent and utilities and other expenses. Agencies may also propose funding for additional services in their supportive services grant application based on the specific needs of their communities and local veterans. For more information about available program specifics, view the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program Fact Sheet and FAQs.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

Thsi is the reason why I am against the wars but still support the soldiers. These are ordinary pawns on the chess board of politics. Why don't the senators and MPs send their kids over there????

More should be done to rehabiliate people as a kill or be killed mindset is not transferable to civilian life.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here's a way to aid...

How to be Real Help for the Homeless

You have to be an open homeowner.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I wanted to bump this thread here.. I think it is a good idea what LA Inhabatant wrote and others have..

Giving is a good way to help those.. Most likely food pantry's and soup kitchens need help. I heard on the local news that people are not donating like they used to.. Which people who need help cant get it.

But alot of good ideas..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
S&F to help keep thread noticed. Good information in it to help those who need it there.. We dont have things like social security, welfare etc over here.. But like many parts of the world do see homeless people in the cities - usually due to physical / mental disabilites.. I dont have much but when am in the cities if see someone who is homeless will buy them a meal and give them some money.. Part of being human is showing compassion for ones fellow human beings...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join