It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Cheesy Chicken pot pie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Mblah's Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie

Preheat oven to 350
can be used for 9x9 sized pot pie

Ingredients for the crust(s)

Basic Pot Pie Crust(bottom)

3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-3/4 teaspoons salt
1 cup and 3 tablespoons cooled shortening
3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons ice water

Cheddar Cheese Crust(top)
4 tbs chilled butter
2 cups flour
1/4 cup ice
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg yolk lightly beaten

To make the basic crust

Mix the flour and salt in medium bowl . Next you want to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it looks like little crumbs. Lastly you want to sprinkle the ice water into the flour mixture and mix it until it makes a doughy ball. Put it on a lightly floured counter and knead with a little flour until smooth. Roll out to the size of an 11x 7 in pan that has been lightly greased and floured. Make sure you press the pastry dough up to the edge of the sides so it will be able to seal with the top crust. Set aside, preferably in the fridge.

To make the cheddar crust

Cut the butter into two cups of flour (will look like crumbs). Next stir in the cheddar cheese then sprinkle the ice water into the flour mixture and mix into a doughy ball, now knead the dough mixture with a little flour so it’s nice and soft on a lightly floured counter. Lastly roll the dough out to an 11 x 7in size and put aside… (suggest putting on wax paper and putting in the fridge)

**The crusts can be put into the fridge for at least 4hrs to over night to make sure the dough is set correctly. You can do it this way but you don’t have to. I chilled the bottom crust for a day and the top crust I did not.

The filling ingredients

1 lb of chicken cooked and cubed
1 and a half cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup of shredded cheddar
3 1/4 cups of fresh veggies (corn, carrots, celery and diced onions)
1/2 box of cooked cheddar au gratin potatoes
1 tbs Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper (amount depends on preference)
1/4 cup of white wine
1tbs olive oil

To make the filling

Cook the chicken until brown in one tbs olive oil and a1/4 cup white wine on each side and no longer pink inside. After it is done cut into cubes and put aside. Next mix the soups, cheese, cooked veggies, (can use canned veggies if you don’t have fresh ones) the cooked half of a box of au gratin potatoes, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper into a medium bowl and add the chicken.

To make the pot pie

Pour chicken mixture into the 11 x 7in pan where you have the bottom crust already firmly pressed into the pan. Lay the second cheddar pastry sheet over the mixture and firmly press around the edges to the bottom crust making a seal. Cut a few slits to vent the air out and lightly brush with the egg yolk. Cook for 40mins or until golden brown edges and top. Let sit 5mins to cool.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0c8c050dc13.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d46e33d57286.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11/14/2010 by mblahnikluver because: code

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Okay, that's so not fair, you're making me drool over here.

And I love pot-pie of any kind, chicken, beef, turkey.

How about Shepherds Pie?

Make this a recipe thread for all ATS'ers and I bet they will all come out of the woodworks.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

People can add their recipes I don't care.

I can make Sheppards Pie

I have a ton of recipe I am slowing adding to word that I will slowly add to the cooking forum. I am working on my Italian dinner next
homemade manicotti (even the pasta), tiramisu and Italian bread. That will take a while!

I made this earlier in the week for dinner and decided to post it here

I LOVE to cook! My bf will eat well when I see him lol Although he probably won't let me cook every night. lol

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

At what time is dinner again?

I bet your boyfriend has gained 30 pounds since dating you.

He better get to the gym soon.

All Recipes : Spaghetti Pie II

I love cooking but do not cook for just me.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Allrecipes.com is my FAVORITE cooking site! I have been a member for years lol. They are all user submitted recipes for the most part, the ones from companies cost (go figure).

I make yummy spaghetti
I prefer to make my own pasta and sauce. It's really not that hard and it's cheaper to make your own, it just takes more time. I don't mind because it tastes better homemade!

LOL My bf said he was gonna marry me after I made him dinner..lol

Cooking always works
I seduce with food!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That looks great. It sounds even better. I just ate and now I'm hungry already. Got to go wipe the drool off my chin now lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I usually don't like melted cheese on anything other then pizza but I would eat that in a heartbeat.
Looks yummy.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I usually don't like melted cheese on anything other then pizza but I would eat that in a heartbeat.
Looks yummy.

Woohoo!

Thanks

The cheese is minimal and it's just the flavor you taste. It's not like most things where there is melted cheese. It's only two cups in comparison to some dishes with 5 cups of cheese!

top topics

join