It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next war and beyond.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't care what you call yourselves. You can be Independent, Republican, Democrat, whatever. With them dragging Bush out of the closet again there will soon be just Bushies and anti-Bushies.

Obama, being the semi-faithful dog he is, will have to force himself to go along with the attack against Iran after their terrorist attack against America. Those who agree with with the war against Iran will be the Bushies. Those who have doubts that Iran was behind the attack will be the anti-Bushies.

You Democrats on the board, I hope, will not be shocked at the number of Democrats in DC who will not question the terrorist attack but will support attacking Iran. History is filled with Government rhetoric in these situations. "Remember the Main" was used when the Government used an exploded boiler as an "Spanish attack" against America. The second Gulf of Tonkin attack by the North Vietnamese which lead Johnson into the Vietnam war never happened. There was the surprise attack at Pearl which historians and researchers are finding out was not a surprise to the Government, just a surprise to those on the ground. Most of the 9/11 Commission, after their report was accepted as gospel, said their report was a bunch of lies. John Farmer, the Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission, called the report lies.

As has been seen in Congress, the Democrats are happy to blame Bush for many things but putting him on trial for anything is a no-no. The Democrats in Congress appear to be protecting Bush. I think at the least Bush should be "drawn & quartered" the old way. Many Democrats who are not in Congress feel he should be on trial for something. It's a good thing for Bush that the Democrats in Congress don't listen to their constituents.

When the next terrorist attack happens and you have questions about the Governments explanation then you are not being a good Bush supporter. After Iran, we still have China on the horizon. As an Independent, Republican, Democrat, whatever, will you support Bush or not?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Bush being tried for criminal acts in office,is just a distraction.

The same as there supposedly being two parties here,that's just a "distortion".

Look past the obvious silliness you have presented to you.

Think beyond what you have been conditioned to think.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

So I have to ask, in an objective way; for what should President Bush be put on trial for? What are the charges? What evidence is against him (not hearsay or personal belief, actual evidence?)

Make no mistake, I have my reservations about the actions of many officials within the Bush Administration, but I also demand, as someone who believes in the rule of law, that justice is pursued lawfully, not whimsically.

You have some good points though on Government rhetoric, mainly, the Gulf of Tonkin incident that they used to propel American forces into an unwanted war. Though the notion that Pearl Harbor was 'allowed' to happen is not solid proof because of the deluge of information agencies were receiving at the time.

What we are seeing is that Free Peoples do not like to be engaged in wars that serve no purpose of the People, typically by means of self-defense. The State, realizing such an attitude have used propaganda in their favor to sway the Public opinion. Also, acts such as Presidential War Powers is a way to sidestep the Constitutional authority stated on declaring war. Convoluted it to fit whatever means the current head of the country sees fit.

Will we, as citizens see another war? Most likely. We will be presented with images and pictures of an atrocity that cannot be brushed aside. This is much like the story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" though. Eventually the People will be fed up with perpetual war and yearn for peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Bush wont and will never be charged. Not only did the patriot act take away civil liberties, but it also gave the government absolute powers, torture is allowed on "terrorists" and who may that be??? Anyone the government deems as terrorists.

www.informationliberation.com...

In section 950j. the bill criminalizes any challenge to the legislation's legality by the Supreme Court or any United States court. Alberto Gonzales has already threatened federal judges to shut up and not question Bush's authority on the torture of detainees.

"No court, justice, or judge shall have jurisdiction to hear or consider any claim or cause of action whatsoever, including any action pending on or filed after the date of the enactment of the Military Commissions Act of 2006, relating to the prosecution, trial, or judgment of a military commission under this chapter, including challenges to the lawfulness of procedures of military commissions under this chapter."

new topics

top topics

join