It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report on Unidentified Flying Objects - E. J. Ruppelt (free audio book)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects by Edward Ruppelt (1956)

One of the major names in the history of the UFO enigma is Edward J. Ruppelt. He was there from the beginning and had involvement in the Roswell incident, Project Grudge and went on to become the Director of Project Blue Book.. The Blue Book archive is available here. He's considered a whistle-blowing hero of ufology by many researchers and a toe-the-line agent of deception by some.

In 1956 he published 'The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects.'

Ruppelt is the second man standing from left (caption is wrong)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff3c02141f9d.jpg[/atsimg]

'Straight from the horse's mouth', as they say. Edward Ruppelt was the first head of the U.S. Air Force's Project Blue Book, the official project initiated to investigate UFO reports beginning in 1952. This report from 1956 takes us inside these initial investigations, separates fact from fiction, and gives insight into who, when, where, and how sightings were reported and researched in open-minded fashion (for which Ruppelt was renowned), rather than in the typical hushed and secretive (and censored) manner most often associated with government and military reports which are released to the public.

Dozens of specific sightings are recounted, although hundreds more had come pouring into the agency during the period covered (and hundreds, if not thousands more that were never officially reported). Here we go inside the workings of Project Blue Book, which had evolved from 2 earlier Air Force projects, and we are witness to interviews, press conferences, Pentagon briefings, and many reports from civilian and military pilots, Air Traffic Controllers, office workers, farmers, and the man on the street who reported their accounts with UFOs. And not all sightings that were reported were restricted to the U.S.

The book is available as a free to download audiobook and will likely be an enjoyable listen for fellow members who hang out in this section of ATS. In the 'university of ufology,' it's on the required reading list, but now you can all cheat by just listening to it.

It can be downloaded in a big zip-file or as mp3 chapters....E. J. Ruppelt - The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects (librivox)

Further reading:
Projects Grudge and Blue Book - Reports 1-12 (Nicap pdf)

Proceedings of the Sign Historical Group UFO History Workshop

Brad Sparks - Cataloge of 1600 Blue Book 'Unknowns'

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Outstanding find Kandinsky, I am definitely going to grab this right now and have a listen. I like audio books, not that I don't read quite a bit, but with audio books you can continue doing tasks on the computer while listening to the audio.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Cheers.

It's a good listen when you're stuck in traffic and prefer something more thought-provoking than weather reports, DJs and BS news on the radio. You've just gotta remember to keep the windows closed...I mean what will people think?!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Great find- too slow connection to d/l where I am at the moment, but will be 'hoovering' it all up tomorrow- cant wait.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Great find Kandinsky S+F 4U
I look forward to listening to this and trawling through the Grudge and blue book reports .

The thing that opened my eyes to Edward J. Ruppelt was his response to the opinions of Los Alamos Scientists when they told him Green fireballs may be Extraterrestrial in origin .
Ruppelt's response was

"Two years ago I would have been amazed to hear a group of reputable scientists make such a startling statement. Now, however, I took it as a matter of course. I'd heard the same type of statement many times before from equally qualified groups."
www.theblackvault.com...

I think Ruppelt is one of those key figures in UFO history , with his finger on the pulse at an epic time of High Strangeness .

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I thought you might like it. Check out chapter 4...green fireballs.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Kandinsky, your open-mind and research repertoire are always worth the mulling. I often have the feeling we're being "directed" by your posts. Not in a bad way, but I think you have a gift for gentle persuasion. And as such, I'm starting with Chap 4 Green Fireballs...yee-haaaaaaw! S&F.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Superb find Kandinsky.I cannot wait to get into digesting all of this information;E. J. Ruppelt was indeed a very important figure and source in this UFO mystery, indeed i would go further and suggest that he was the father-head of serious open minded debate and perception change in the ET possibilities of SOME UFOs.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks for the kind words, they're appreciated but make no mistake about it...I've no more insight into all this stuff than yourself or anyone else around here.

We're just stumbling around in search of the mysteries and looking for answers that probably won't be there.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by The GUT

Thanks for the kind words, they're appreciated but make no mistake about it...I've no more insight into all this stuff than yourself or anyone else around here.

We're just stumbling around in search of the mysteries and looking for answers that probably won't be there.

But that's the beauty and wisdom of stumbling around in any mystery's, even the mystery of life, you just might find answers or directions to the answers.The mystery of any mystery is the talking part and gradually unravelling the mystery.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
That is a great find for this modern age because that book is long out of print and will never come back until after contact and people will want some answers from the past.

As far as I'm concerned, this book is THE classic smoking gun about flying saucers. I suggest that listeners pay special attention to Ruppelt's description of the Estimate of the Situation and how it was treated, and even how the BB investigators had to tak buses to "investigate" sighting reports. The Estimate was ordered burned by Gen. Vandenberg because he declared that it wasn't proof enough to declare the craft as alien machines! Oh, sure!

Of course, they already had the Roswell debris and perhaps other evidence by then. If anything, it just shows how compartmentized the services can be within themselves, and how we were hoodwinked by dis- and misinformation from basically the start of the "official" investigations.

Ruppelt would not have been allowed to print any thing that the TPTB didn't want out. Plenty of people were probably leaning over his should as he wrote. I understand that there was two versions of the book. One more telling than the other. My several copies all seem to be the later, I think, Doubleday Book Club versions. If anybody can shed some light on which version is the audio one, I would appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Anyone with an interest in this subject should give this a listen , I'm on chapter 6 and so far its absolute gold dust .
It gives an insightful look into the thinking and attitude of the U.S military in regard to the UFO problem .
There's some great info on cases both Known and previously unknown to me , lots of stuff to look into .

Some Info on Edward J. Ruppelt

Rank ; Captain , United States Air Force
Battles/wars ; World War II
Awards ; Five battle stars , Two theater combat ribbons , Three Air Medals , Two Distinguished Flying Crosses
Other work ; Research engineer for Northrop Aircraft Company .

Source

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
That is a great find for this modern age because that book is long out of print and will never come back until after contact and people will want some answers from the past.

Actually, this classic was just reprinted a few months ago in a new paperback edition:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289834743&sr=1-1

I've also noticed some classic works by other top notch authors in this subject have been reprinted in the past year or so, including "Messengers of Deception" by Jacques Vallee and "The Flying Saucers are Real" by Donald Keyhoe. Somebody needs to reprint "The UFO Controversy in America" by David Jacobs. It was a real eye-opener for me when I first began looking into the topic.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Donald Keyhoe's book is now past copyright and available to download as a free e-book. A few sites host it.

This is from Daily Grail...right click...save as (pdf book 600kb)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Donald Keyhoe's book is now past copyright and available to download as a free e-book. A few sites host it.

This is from Daily Grail...right click...save as (pdf book 600kb)

new topics

top topics

join