It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object near the Sun (11/14/2010)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
On the NASA website you can see the Soft X-ray movie and picture showing the non-moving object. (Left side of the sun).

Could it be a large mothership ?
Could it be part of the tomorow NASA's message ?

Here are the link to the picture and the video :

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

(Right click and save it on your HD).
edit on 14-11-2010 by Terviseks because: missing links

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Terviseks

Maybe it's a missile

I have no idea what that could be. What do you think it is?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Oh wow. Im an astronomy major in college right now, and not even I have an explanation for this.... this is really weird. stationary object within the corona of the sun should be affected by the rotation, being drug along with it, or pulled into it, or at least change orbit... but this is completely stationary... this is amazing! s&f! good catch! I cant wait to see what NASA has to say tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
are u talking about the black thing at the left of the sun?...i havent a clue what that is but it moves, what objects in space are black?? apart from space rocks, but the suns gravitational pull wud pull it into the sun, whatever it is its withstanding the heat and the suns gravity....very very strange!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

As I said, maybe a mothership... But if it's a mothership, they should come and visit us... I would be glad to receive the ZPE motor or any gadget as they should have.
Maybe just an Asteroid coming and probably crashing on earth... or maybe just some dust in the captor... (but I don't think so as the sun rotate, the satellite too, but the mysterious object doesn't seem to move).

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
maybe just a broken pixel on the camera ?

hope im wrong

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
That's really interesting OP. I hope some will come along who can offer a possible explanation. What could withstand the intense heat that close to the sun??

Maybe the lens is dirty? Dunno.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I can already predict what's gonna happen. This thread will rise to the top of the flagged list, and get pages of replies, until somebody finally debunks it and we realize it was ridiculous to think anything otherwise in the first place. Don't get me wrong it's pretty interesting, but after what happened with that LA ufo webcam thread yesterday it just makes me /facepalm. I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
maybe just a broken pixel on the camera ?

I don't think so, as the satellite as to move, the camera has to not be centred all the time, especially in space... The black-mysterious-object is always at the same distance and position from the sun than the satellite which reccords the sun's soft X-Ray.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
IMHO,as long as an object is able to control the forces of gravity, I don't think the sun would be a problem. It doen't appear to me that UFO's are subject to gravity, or space/time for that matter!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Possible explanations:

Missile, Dirt on lens, Bug on lens, broken pixel (for that long?), mothership, Nibiru, fake (NASA source?).

We missing any other possibilities here? I can't think of any other logical explanation.

Could this be the reason for Monday's NASA New Conference and not those bubbles?
edit on 14-11-2010 by Portugoal because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If you look at Nov 12 04:30 onwards when the camera reorientates itself, giving the effect of the sun 'spinning' 360 degrees, you will note that the anomaly stays in exactly the same relative position within the frame rather than 'spin with' the Sun. This clearly shows it to be an artifact in the imaging system or physical damage to the sensor.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Here are a few you missed.

R/C planes or helicopter, or kite
Sky divers
swamp gas

That's all I can think of right now. Dang almost forgot it could be a Venetian Lantern from a wedding party on Venus.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
I can already predict what's gonna happen. This thread will rise to the top of the flagged list, and get pages of replies, until somebody finally debunks it and we realize it was ridiculous to think anything otherwise in the first place. Don't get me wrong it's pretty interesting, but after what happened with that LA ufo webcam thread yesterday it just makes me /facepalm. I hope I'm wrong.

But isn't that exactly what's supposed to happen when you post something on a forum? Discuss it until A.) it get satisfactorily debunked, or B.) it doesn't.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If you look real close at it you can tell it is in fact a Chinese lantern.

That is weird. Can't wait to see some other opinions on it.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It looks like a diamond right? or like two pyramids with their bases together?............a diamond?

Also like the latest video fads showing CGI diamond UFO's over china, and russia? This is just getting too weird.

edit on 14-11-2010 by Khaaaaaan!! because: game over

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

I watched the vids again and in some frame you're right and in some you're wrong... Apparently the other picts of the sun in other wave lenght there is no anomalies and that's a point to add for your thesis : anomaly from the lens or error in the satellite...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

On the video, go to Nov 12, 15:00 hours and somebody kindly tell me why the sun does a somersault?!
I mean, it's rotating, it's rotating, it's rotating, then it completely flips upside down and around. This is obviously not the camera flipping around, because that strange object to the left of the sun remains resident in its very location while the sun does gymnastics.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

HHmmmmm......very interesting..Might be what NASA`s big thing is about. Hope so anyway. My logic tells me that it`s some sort of technical problem with the imageing.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My opinion that said object is actually a flaw in the imaging sensor or damage to the "lens".
Like someone posted earlier, when the sensor recalibrate halfway through video clip, the object stays in the exact same place.

As much as I believe that ufos are real in some cases, this is not one of them. No mothership.. *snicker*

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join