It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW WOW things sure have changed just in my liftime...WHAT do you remember.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Im a child of the 80's but I remember :

When downloading music ment trying to press pause on the tapedeck before the dj spoke after a song, i used to record songs from the top ten countdown every sunday

Sega Mega Drive, Master System, Atari, awww wish I had an Atari now.

Those slap on bracelets that everyone was obsessed with that came in lots of diferent colours, they later got banned, something about slicing childrens wrists
they were later replaced by black rubber bracelets.

When you were considered hi tech if your watch had a calculator attached.

Talkboys.

M*A*S*H. Funhouse with Pat Sharp and his mullet. Jeremy Beadle. Jim'l Fix it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow,

I had one of those Johnny 7 rifles mentioned early in the thread. I was way too young for it.
But I eventually grew into it..
And a Green Hornet metal lunchbox. I still have that. Minus the thermos..Remember the GLASS thermos bottles they put in children's lunch pails? Drop it once, you were drinking shards of glass. nice.

Tinker Toys, Lincoln logs. Imagination.

We had a Zenith Black and white TV...A giant console on a swivel. It would NOT break. Dad wouldn't buy a color TV until that one broke. It eventually just died of gassy tubes.
That was a weekend outing too. Dad and I going down to the drugstore for breakfast with a bag of vacuum tubes.
First a meal, then a walk over the the tube testing machine. Good, good, good, good, .......bad..aha! replace the tube. TV good as new for a few weeks.

Then we FINALLY got a color TV. Another console. From Monkey Wards...The "Airline" series I think.
We had it a week..then POOF..the color circuits blew out...Our color TV went black and white on us.
The repairman came to fix it..We had color again. For a week. POOF again. Back to Black and white again.
After a few rounds of this, dad returned it, and got a "portable" Color TV.
It was 70 percent solid state. That was a selling point back then...The TV with the fewest vacuum tubes was the coolest one...Literally, it was cooler due to transistors replacing those Tubes.

That TV lasted about 25 years.

A funny thing that my Dad used to say to us kids regarding the TV was this:
"don't watch any black and white shows on this color TV, it's a waste of money".
Logical, and Dadlike.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

wish I had an Atari now.

Iv got one in the attic with about 30 games I loved street racer and E.T.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join