It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did ATS user Xploder Give Science a Boost?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
While reading a thread from ATS user, Xploder, I was amazed by such attention detail. . .and even began to see how Einstein's work could possible be re-written as a result of the information suggested by said thread. Today. here, I realize his words must have truly influenced me, for the words in this article seem to hint at something he wrote about a long time

The dark matter map was created with observations from the Hubble telescope of a large galaxy cluster called Abell 1689, located 2.2 billion light-years from Earth. This cluster is famous as a stunning example of gravitational lensing – a phenomenon predicted by Einstein that happens when massive objects warp the space-time around them, causing even light to travel on a bent path when it passes by.

Xploser wrote this some time back, and now suddenly, his "lensing effect" is here to help define things. Xploder is keen. I am going to make him an awesome AVATAR!!

Sourc
edit on 14-11-2010 by Divine Strake because: Xploder is not the TSA at the airport, and his work needs to be read

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

I'm sure Xploder would be the first to acknowledge that gravity lensing is an idea that's been around for some 80 odd years. I can't remember the exact year (1910?!) however during a solar eclipse, light was seen to bend around the Moon's gravity.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Jeeze I didn't realise he was so old.

It's good to see the old folk getting in on the internets.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

all that he posted was just copy pasted from this website...

news.yahoo.com...

still wanna make him that avatar ??

edit on 14-11-2010 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I'm sure Xploder would be the first to acknowledge that gravity lensing is an idea that's been around for some 80 odd years. I can't remember the exact year (1910?!) however during a solar eclipse, light was seen to bend around the Moon's gravity.
Einstein's general relativity paper proposing the gravitational bending of light was published in 1915, but I don't know if anyone before him proposed it.

It was first measured and confirmed by Sir Arthur Eddington in 1919 as this 3 minute clip on gravitational lensing describes:

(click to open player in new window)

It's a pretty cool effect but I'm not sure if Xploder gets all the credit

Here's gravitational lensing in galaxy cluster Abel 2218c:

Source: apod.nasa.gov...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9778338fec36.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 14-11-2010 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

all that he posted was just copy pasted from this website...

news.yahoo.com...

still wanna make him that avatar ??

edit on 14-11-2010 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

There are people on this forum receive almost hero treatment for doing nothing more than copying and pasting other web sites without referencing them.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Xploder's got a sense of humour so I posted the thread on his profile page.

This is like ATS slapstick comedy.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
All of these and more are definitely worth the read. His /her threads are pure brilliance...

the unified galaxy and light

Alien spacecraft show the lensing affect of our solar system

theory of gravitational warp naturally occuring at bowshock

There's more too. No copying & pasting, not sure what above poster is referring to. XPLodER's first language does not appear to be English, which actually makes for a more interesting read.

If there was an XPLodER fan club, I'd join.

edit on 14-11-2010 by Signals because: classified

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

One of my Engineering professors at FSU was the first to mathematically model and "prove" Einstein's Cross. (That is the photo effect of this "lensing" phenomenon.) With his computer modeling, they are now able to reverse the effect and get an accurate image of a light source that is hidden behind another source.

I don't think Xploder was first, but it is nice that we have ATSers with such keen understandings of these phenomenon, and science in general. It raises the quality of the whole board!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have had the "privilege" of talking with Xploder. He almost never uses periods or commas in his posts, and likes to ignore science when it comes to investigating UFOs.

I doubt he could write whatever you claim he wrote. I think it's more like parroting.
edit on 14-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
I have had the "privilege" of talking with Xploder. He almost never uses periods or commas in his posts, and likes to ignore science when it comes to investigating UFOs.

I doubt he could write whatever you claim he wrote. I think it's more like parroting.

i dont think thats very nice i offered you a scientific debate
and you attacked me personal
if you want to discreadit me read my work and ask questions
i find it odd you dont think im smart enough to write any of this
remember if you dont like me you could find plagerizm in my work and have me banned
this if you can understand it lol
no need to turn this into a poularity contest tho
take a look at the work and see if im right

xploder
edit on 14-11-2010 by XPLodER because: acidental edit

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

In all those topics he seems to be asking questions, not really stating anything unknown. He seems to not understand the basic science of gyroscopes, and also doesn't understand how the speed of light was calculated.

Right here he seems to not understand how the distance of most stars are calculated:

Originally posted by XPLodER
If the solar systems are ALOT closer than they seam (think looking backwards through binoculars) then it makes it alot more likely that 0.1 per cent of UFOs are actually not travelling anywhere near the speed of light to travel the distance required to visit earth

Alot of people use the Einstein’s theory of speed of light travel to negate interstellar space travel well i think light optics may be the counter argument

Astronomers use the parallax effect to measure stars that are less than 100 light years away. It has nothing to do with optics or light, and all about position in space (unless you are trying to measure beyond 100 light years). Space ships would have to travel light years to get here no matter what.

I don't know... he is asking lots of questions, not really saying anything new or worthy of it's own thread.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

i dont think thats very nice i offered you a scientific debate and you attacked me personal if you want to discreadit me read my work and ask questions i find it odd you dont think im smart enough to write any of this

Hey don't worry about it. This thread's just one of those funny ones that seems to catch some wind in its sails. The OP is obviously a supporter of your threads and posts. There's no offence intended in here.

Just out of interest, is there a reason for the boycott against punctuation? I hadn't noticed before.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Congradulations Xploder!

* Buys Xploder a beer *

I have seen a lot of things on the net, but I believe this one is new.
Never before have I seen someone given credit for one of Einsteins ideas.
Who ever the OP is, they must think very highly of you, or your posts, or both.

I wonder if this can be weaponized into a new trolling technique? Make a post praising someone,
cite a bunch of stuff that is obviously from other sources. Targeted person finds themselves
defending a bunch of claims they never made. Wow, this could lead to a feeding fenzy.

/salute
David Grouchy

edit on 14-11-2010 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
While reading a thread from ATS user, Xploder, I was amazed by such attention detail. . .and even began to see how Einstein's work could possible be re-written as a result of the information suggested by said thread. Today. here, I realize his words must have truly influenced me, for the words in this article seem to hint at something he wrote about a long time
thank you for taking the time to highlight my work i spend vast amounts of time writing and really do apreciate the attension. i would never claim he einstein was wrong more that we have more facts to go by now

The dark matter map was created with observations from the Hubble telescope of a large galaxy cluster called Abell 1689, located 2.2 billion light-years from Earth. This cluster is famous as a stunning example of gravitational lensing – a phenomenon predicted by Einstein that happens when massive objects warp the space-time around them, causing even light to travel on a bent path when it passes by.

this is not a direct quote from me but if you read my work you will understand why this is relevent to my work.

Xploser wrote this some time back, and now suddenly, his "lensing effect" is here to help define things. Xploder is keen. I am going to make him an awesome AVATAR!!

i acept your offer for an avatar thank you very much
to clayify (spelling)
heliosphereical lensing is my contribution(spelling) to the bigger picture of light and dark matter density and dispertional charictoristics and this is indeed a new feild of science postulated by me but without direct confermation by main stream science.

thank you for recognising my hard work when people notice it makes the hard slog worth it
star and flag
xploder

Sourc
edit on 14-11-2010 by Divine Strake because: Xploder is not the TSA at the airport, and his work needs to be read

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

i think the op has stated gravitaional lensing was my theory but he should have stated
heliospherical lensing which has a slightly different effect on light than gravitational lensing
this effects the observer directly and could account for the inconsistency of distrabution of dark matter in the universe
light travels and is "distorted"(simplifyed) and as dark matter expells no light it is in the correct "location" and not refracted by the heliosphereical lensing effect.
this is trying to eplain the difference we observe between the location of mass of a star and its dark matter component and the gravataional lensing observered of other stars and galaxies behind the original mass.

please be aware that this has not yet been acepted as fact in science under pair reveiw
but does account for the inconsistencies of direction of light traveling from a star in comparison to the center of mass
or gravatational lensing effect or dark matter (different names for the same thing)

xploder

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

thank you for the links
i do want more people to see my theorys
i am a guy btw
thanks you are already on my friends list
xploder

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

when im writting im too busy trying to get english words too come out instead of maori
(my conutry in new zealand)
it is a case of spelling english and thinking in my native tounge
hard to do when theorizing astro physics
lol

xploder
i will try to puncuate to make for an easyer read

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Signals

In all those topics he seems to be asking questions, not really stating anything unknown. He seems to not understand the basic science of gyroscopes, and also doesn't understand how the speed of light was calculated.

i would like to remind you the nature of the light and the universe is the topic of one of the threads linked to in a post on this page. The reson i ASK questions of the reader is to include their thought process in the thread. i want you to think when reading. why do you think i dont understand gyroscopes, is it because i ASK questions relevent to the thought process i am trying to explain?

Right here he seems to not understand how the distance of most stars are calculated:

again read the threads listed on this page again because it is relevent to your statement

Originally posted by XPLodER
If the solar systems are ALOT closer than they seam (think looking backwards through binoculars) then it makes it alot more likely that 0.1 per cent of UFOs are actually not travelling anywhere near the speed of light to travel the distance required to visit earth
TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT

Alot of people use the Einstein’s theory of speed of light travel to negate interstellar space travel well i think light optics may be the counter argument
do you understand what the theory of heliospherical lensing is about ? do you realize the same effect is currently noticed in gravatational lensing? have you read the thread?

Astronomers use the parallax effect to measure stars that are less than 100 light years away. It has nothing to do with optics or light, and all about position in space (unless you are trying to measure beyond 100 light years). Space ships would have to travel light years to get here no matter what.

i think you might have missed the premise of the theory but its ok because i might not have explained it in english very well. ill try again
READ the thread again and contemplate the fact that we as observers are having our veiw distorted of the universe outside of the helio sphere.
hope that helps

I don't know... he is asking lots of questions, not really saying anything new or worthy of it's own thread.

i ask questions to engage the reader make them come to their own conclusions
reading physiscs would be boring other wise
i ask why are you saying their is nothing new in my theorys?
are you reading them? is my english not correct?

XPLodER

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

[redacted]

No point...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join