It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's to be made of this unusual info from a new member ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

I honestly have no idea i tried to google it again but its not popping out anymore im sorry... but if it proves anything that how the guy above got the resume by googleing the email

and then i got that dating stie profile from googleing the screen name from the resume

ahh maybe im just crazy lol and i did a typo when i searched his screen name
edit on 15-11-2010 by sephto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sephto

I think you are just trolling and making false claims to discredit methuselah. And you failed pathetically.

reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

That wasnt a thing to do indeed. He was cautious in the first place and i perfectly understand why.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Mr Heinlein would like a word...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

HAVE YOU SOLD ANY BOOKS YET? This book is a rip.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So now I find myself in the position of having to defend my earlier decision to post the contents of the email I received from methuselah1937 for ATS member scrutiny. Primarily because of criticisms from members nventual and bigfatfurrytexan who believe that I somehow or other betrayed a trust or confidence.

Nventual:

Don't know if you'll be getting any more replies from him now that you uploaded a screenshot of his e-mail message though.

Bigfatfurrytexan:

You have a lot to learn about discretion. If i treated my contacts in this way, i would never have any contacts.

In actual fact, I made the decision to show the email based on a couple of factors.
One of these being the fact that the content of the email made it quite plain that (any) additional contact would be based primarily on some kind of acceptable answers being provided to the questionnaire. It's plain to see that this was an initial "vetting" process that needed to be "passed" and because it was obvious that I would not be able to provide any kind of acceptable answers without being "extremely disingenuous and dishonest", shall we say, then this email most likely was the 1st and last communication with methuselah1937. In which case I saw no reason to sit on it.
Another reason was that it was obvious that there would be no way of revealing any information about methuselah1937 that would cause any harm or damage. After all, it was on the surface of things, just a simple form requesting some kind of confirmation without supplying any info or detail on the sender and nothing outwardly untoward or suspicious.
Finally, one of ATS's strengths is the ability to work on a claim and ultimately arrive at a pro or con consensus regarding the validity of the claim. But this can only go so far if every last bit of evidence is not forthcoming and being held back. I was actually hoping in a way that we had members well versed in deciphering the additional "invisible" information contained within all email headers, etc and who might have been able to "tease" out any extra helpful information.

I'm sure that if I had said something along the lines of "hey, just received an email from methuselah1937 but have decided to not share the contents with you guys", that I'd be equally criticized by others for the crime of withholding information ... some times you're damned if you do - and damned if you don't

So he is from Australia? Or are you from Australia? The e-mail went through a server in Sydney.

As for the server displaying an Australian address, thats because I'm located in Australia and the email was delivered by an Australian ISP.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl

HAVE YOU SOLD ANY BOOKS YET? This book is a rip.

Errrrr - what book ? I'm not selling any books.
I think you have me confused with the thread by benabba who's quite plainly using his thread topic as a pretext to advertise/sell his book.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hi.
This post and subject has stolen my attention and intrigued me completely. So with no other option I decided to investigate this story and the claims made by the user methuselah1937 a little.
Especially the statement about the group of the 12 "extremley long-lived individuals" and the 4 who presumably are dead today. I see this as the best place to start, given that we choose to believe in the claims made by methuselah1937 in the first place. I know its an extremly far fetched claim, but it just caught my attention like few other subjets do and for the fun of it I`ve decided to investigate as much as I can.

I`m from Norway, (hence my crappy english :p) so the natural start would of course be with the one male who accordingly commited suicide in Oslo in 1954.
First I simply googled it and eventually I got a few names who matched that description, one being probably the most famous ice-skater from norway, named Oscar Mathisen (5 times world champion.) He shot his mentaly ill wife and then himself in Oslo in 1954. I do however doubt that he is the one reffered to as he is simply to famous and has a known birth date. As for the other few names that poped up it turned out at they also had a pretty solid birth date or just didn`t commit suicide...

So, anyway, I found statistics on suicides in Norway that says that in the period of 1951-1955 a total of 185 males commited suicide. At least reported and officaly comfirmed suicides. So that means our guy should be one of those 185 males. In addition, of the 185 it was 131 who were in the age between 30-70, which maybe should be the offical target age here?

Further on I found a list of graves in Oslo. It is a total of 103 registered graves in Oslo of males who died in 1954. So I have a list of 103 names that I will check out further. Based on statistics it should not be more than 10 of those 103 names who commited suicide and that leaves me with just around 10 names to investigate. Maybe our guy is one of those! I dont think it will be to difficult to determine the cause of death of the 103 graves I`ve found, so I should be able to find some more possible candidates.
So given that one choose to believe in this and that the death of this guy was somehow reported and put in records we should at least be able to get a name.
I will continue my investigation on these names, but it may take a few weeks as I`m in the middle of my final exams at the university at the moment. Any help would of course be appreciated. Just wanted to let you guys know what I have been able to find so far. Hopefully it will be a lot more, if its true, that is... I mean, this whole thing could easily just be another stupid hoax. But it got my attention though...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp
Maybe they discovered a time machine and went to the future, buying out supplies of monatomic gold at online health stores, then returned to their own time and started to become immortal meanwhile decalcifying their pineal gland.

Either that or they found a container of an ancient Pharaohs monatomic gold and bathed in and drank of its bounty, I wonder if the owners are still after them.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
this story remind me of the movie "a man from earth".....

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by matswm86

Great. Keep us posted.

As for publishing emails sent by other members, I personaly find it repulsive. It is possible to publish the content of the email and NOT publish someones private email address, especialy after the person showed you the courteisy of responding to you in person.

If I were you, I would apologise, and ask the mods to remove all personal data published in the thread. If anything, then for the sake of preventing more spam-bots from picking the email up.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Deaths of Inmortals sound like a contradiction in terms to me. I'd suggest we, and even Metushelah37, refer to them by a more precise term: EVITERNAL, which is not exactly "eternal" although frequently used as synonym.

Eternal - timeless, never born will never die.
Eviternal - it has a point 0 in existence, but no exit point "asigned."
Inmortal - non-mortal, dethless, cant die.

edit on 19-11-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2010 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm surprised no-one has thought of this:

The original 12 immortals the mystery poster spoke of are the actual 12 apostles. They became immortal at the last supper. The only monkey wrench is Judas. But I'm sure someone here can hammer that out. I leave it in your capable hands...

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I thought of this possibility too, but why "12" should be forcibly about apostles ? And there was one at most two women in the apostles group if you include Mary and Mary Magdalena, so it probably won't fit.
They could have been a group of let's say 12 vampires too (admiting they exist).

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Methuselah

"Methuselah....is the oldest person whose age is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible.Extra-biblical tradition records that he died on the 11th of Cheshvan of the year 1656 (Anno Mundi, after Creation), at the age of 969, seven days before the beginning of the Great Flood...The name Methuselah is commonly used to refer to any living creature reaching great age"
Wikipedia

Food for thought.

(apologies if this has been discussed here but I didn't see it)
edit on 22-11-2010 by GuyverUnit I because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Interesting post. Let me posit a somewhat different approach to the subject of immortality. Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps your view of reality is rather narrow? I don't say that to be critical mind you, it's merely an observation. Most humans accept that what they see, hear, feel, and smell is reality. Yet, our eyes see less than 1% of the EM spectrum (most EM radiation is invisible yet it still exists). A dogs sense of smell is many time greater than that of a human and a horse's hearing is many times greater than that of a human. Although we can't smell or hear what a dog or horse can, what they experience is nevertheless real. And some people have paranormal abilities that in my opinion, establishes beyond reasonable doubt that the human spirit survives physical death...if so, then that too is reality. The issue then is reality...what is it? What does immortality mean in the context of a broader reality? Does it mean that the physical body never dies or that the soul or spirit never dies? I'm not just talking in the purely metaphysical sense nor am I speaking from a Judeao-Christian perspective. In 'reality,' the human spirit may in fact continue in perpetuity and this could in fact be immortality. Some people believe they have inhabited many bodies and they recall previous lives. Some do this in alternative states of consciousness while others do it consciously. Are they crazy? Liars? I've read enough about near death and out of body experiences to recognize that reality may be a lot more complex than we think.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by badnickname
reply to post by matswm86

As for publishing emails sent by other members, I personaly find it repulsive. It is possible to publish the content of the email and NOT publish someones private email address

I've already outlined my reasons in an earlier post as to why I displayed the email in full. We here at ATS (or at least some of us) are committed to exposing any attempt at hoaxing and the primary way to achieve this goal is by providing as much info on the thread in question as possible. Holding back potentially valuable info is essentially self-defeating and crippling to the analytical process.

As for a private email address, hardly ... you did notice that it was a gmail address which can essentially be considered to be a "throw-away" and dispensable email address. It's primary purpose was simply to provide a layer of anonymity between the owner of the address and any recipient.
I've had a number of gmail accounts myself that were intended for no other purpose than as spam filters - and to be discarded when no longer needed.

... especialy after the person showed you the courteisy of responding to you in person.

Don't think so. In my opinion that was nothing more than just an automatically generated "form letter" with the sole purpose of filtering out potential individuals for further contact.

If I were you, I would apologise, and ask the mods to remove all personal data published in the thread. If anything, then for the sake of preventing more spam-bots from picking the email up.

Nope ... again, nothing more than a disposable gmail address with NO personal info being disclosed.

Moving on ...

I've justed commented in a U2U to another member that I still find this members (methuselah1937) extremely few posts as extremely intriguing. Obviously, the odds are heavily stacked in favour of them being nothing more than potential hoax material. However, if that was the case, one would expect the hoax attempt to be continued with the ultimate goal of "sucking in" as many ATS members as possible.
So if it was intended to be the start of a hoax, then what happened to change methuselah1937's original intention ? A change of heart, perhaps ? Who knows.

On the other side of the coin, if we however make the assumption that methuselah1937 made a truthful claim regarding the apparent loss of those 4 individuals, then can we also make a further assumption that there ARE indeed extremely long-lived individuals currently amongst us (not necessarily immortal) and that for some of them, extreme longevity can and did take a toll on them ultimately driving at least 2 of them to suicide ?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I consider free email accounts often like spam email accounts, but people use them to sign up for places and things and might not want to go through the hassle of completely losing control of their gmail accounts and having to go change every account that they've used it for to another address... and isn't a pm meant to be just that? private?

unless of course it is threatening and you need to tell people.

*retracts wagging finger

edit... hmm... i thought this was about a pm. don't ask me where i got that from. oh well. *walks out*
edit on 23-11-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
I consider free email accounts often like spam email accounts, but people use them to sign up for places and things and might not want to go through the hassle of completely losing control of their gmail accounts and having to go change every account that they've used it for to another address... and isn't a pm meant to be just that? private?

unless of course it is threatening and you need to tell people.

*retracts wagging finger

Not at all ... we have 2 possibilities here to choose from.

1. methuselah1937 is a hoaxer in which case that gmail account would most likely be a part of the hoax and again, disposable.

2. methuselah1937 is one of these so-called extremely long lived individuals as indicated by the "1937" addition to the user name suggesting a current age of 73 years.
If I was such an individual, I most certainly wouldn't be holding onto any unnecessary and permanent ties. I would imagine that everything in such an individuals life would be selected to be non-permanent, non-identifying and able to be dumped at a moments notice and left behind.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
what connection does living really long have to do with ties? perhaps an email is not a good example of this but how do you know that living a really long time doesn't make you hold to things even more? just think if you lived 700 years with the same email address and one day somebody decides to start spamming the hell out of it. do you think you would not be attached to that email address?

again, probably not the best example but I'm sure you get the point.

... and even again, just think of how many accounts they must have on that email address by now.

what a pain in the ass to have to change them all because someone opened the floodgates to webcrawlers.

for shaaaame.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
what connection does living really long have to do with ties? perhaps an email is not a good example of this but how do you know that living a really long time doesn't make you hold to things even more? just think if you lived 700 years with the same email address and one day somebody decides to start spamming the hell out of it. do you think you would not be attached to that email address?

Not having experienced that sort of existence makes it extremely difficult to get into the "mind-set" of such an individual. However, I would tend to think that if you've been around for x hundreds of years, that you would have developed a routine whereby you ensured that you didn't overstay too long in any one particular location as that would be a sure way to attract unwanted attention and curiousity which could prove to be fatal.
Again, I'm just thinking how I would handle such an existence and I'm sure that I'd be more inclined to keep out of the spotlight, keep my head down, try to stay unnoticed and inconspicuous and should those tactics fail, then be prepared to leave everything behind and get the hell out of there !

... and even again, just think of how many accounts they must have on that email address by now.

what a pain in the ass to have to change them all because someone opened the floodgates to webcrawlers.

As for the email account, I'd have one (or two) that absolutely remained totally private, completely untraceable and confidential. And I'd have multiple other "public" accounts for other dealings with people I didn't know or trust, such as the one methuselah1937 had with me. In fact, I'd be inclined to dump my "public" account on a very regular basis as a necessary precaution and then open up a new one.

Paranoia would, I think, have very quickly become a way of life for those sort of people.

Why the fixation on whether the email should or should not have been shown ? Are you indicating that you believe this to NOT be a hoax ? Otherwise the revelation of a hoaxers email shouldn't be that much of a concern to you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join