It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's to be made of this unusual info from a new member ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Interesting, I went through the thread that methuselah1937 was originally brought here by, and initially I had misread the OP and thought M's first post was in that thread, so I searched the entire thing for Methuselah haha. It would have been a complete waste of time except for in that thread I did find the name Methuselah mentioned - Noah's grandfather, apparently, or someone else related to Noah - and the oldest person outlined in the Bible. It's where M got the name, from the thread. I find it as such quite obvious what M is going for - to try to give little clues that M is a long-lived person, perhaps even the longest-lived. Have no idea whether M is telling the truth, but seems to me, since it's really hard to make a "Freudian slip" on a site where you write and then check everything you write before you post, that M meant to say everything s/he said, therefore, meant to talk about those other long-lived people, and then meant to say, "Oops, didn't mean to say that." It just cries of someone trying to pretend they are something they aren't to fool people.

But, this is just my theory, and I'm totally open to being proven wrong (in fact, would be really cool if I was!)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
DELETED POST
edit on 14-11-2010 by Prince1of2gold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
ah.. the anonymous days.. so much fun

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is a very, very interesting thread to me. I don't recall having seen the other 'immortality' or 'extreme longevity' threads and a review of my posts will reveal me to be extremely skeptical, possibly to the point of being a bit of a dickhead BUT one of the reasons I'm so interested in the unexplained and conspiracies is that I know somebody who I seriously suspect may be at least 400 years old.
Believe me I'm fully aware of how ridiculous that sounds and I don't have anything in the way of proof, or even evidence that can be presented over the internet so don't bother, just assume I'm nuts and move on but I'm going to be watching this thread closely.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It is an interesting subject, and I think this is the right forum for it. However, if anyone here can substantiate it, i doubt that they would. There is a reason why such things are considered "secret".

However, the Comte De St. Germaine or the Comte De Cagliostro might be some good hints at what is being talked about. As well, there is a figure referred to by generality (versus name) in a recounting of the meeting in which the Declaration of Independance was signed. The inferrence is that this individual could very well be just such a long lived person.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

A very thoughtfull observation in the OP.
From my humble knowledge of these topics, it is quite possible your thoughts were correct. However, I have a feeling we should not hope for a confirmation or further insight from the member Methuselah. If the person was a in possesion of a knowledge of ways to keep the body from aging, I would suspect the person to be in danger if publicly identified, even by a funny post on an internet forum. As there are people that are seeking the knowledge, there are undoubtedly people seeking to destroy it and those that keep it through centuries.

I will offer my opinion as speculation of the origin of the "12 member group", as it reminds me of something I read while researching the pursuit of long-life. It is the story of Nicholas Flammel (en.wikipedia.org...) that sent me on a several-day-reading-rampage during wich I saw some references to a group of people (from the middle east if I recall correctly) who were initiated into the secrets of extreme longevity and spent their lives learning and improving themselves while traveling through different parts of the world. Allegedly, they would meet regularly (quarterly, I think) and share experiences and knowledge gained.

The means by wich they obteained long life should probably be based on early alchemical practises that we are probably not even aware of.
I presume (since european culture ows to the islamic world a lot of its own history and knowledge) there are places in the middle east, africa, india and perhaps china, where alchemical practices were not lost or forgotten during the course of time.

Unfortunately for those of us seeking knowledge and understanding of such practices, all we can offer to each other here are clues and guesswork.

Some other interesting things to note, for those intrigued by "immortality":

Mahavatar Babaji is a person with a very interesting story to tell. I have experienced one form of "kriya yoga" that he allegedly promotes to the world, and can say that it is a powerful and excelent practice, certainly worth your time to explore and try.
(he was mentioned in the original thread)

Another notable long-lived person (who I am surprised nobody mentioned in these threads) is the famous Count de Saint Germaine. (en.wikipedia.org...)

Ibn Battutah has an extremely interesting story to tell too. He has not lived for hundreds of years, but he writes of meeting some people who have. Here is an incredible documentary by Tim Macintosh about him:
video.google.com...#

Have fun searching.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A little bit of insight about M's nickname choice...

It was published in 1937...

Namaste!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
From Wikipedia

Methusaleh

Methuselah (Hebrew: מְתוּשֶׁלַח / מְתוּשָׁלַח, Modern Mətušélaḥ / Mətušálaḥ Tiberian Məṯûšélaḥ / Məṯûšālaḥ ; "Man of the dart/spear", or alternatively "when he dies/died, it shall be sent/has been sent") is the oldest person whose age is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. Extra-biblical tradition records that he died on the 11th of Cheshvan of the year 1656 (Anno Mundi, after Creation), at the age of 969, seven days before the beginning of the Great Flood.[1] According to Rashi on Genesis 7:4, The Holy One delayed the Flood specifically because of the seven days of mourning in honor of the righteous Methuselah. Methuselah was the son of Enoch and the grandfather of Noah.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In my opinion it is possible to live to an advanced age beyond what we believe and can today.

Read this article.

The Chinese are very good at keeping records.

"Keep a quiet heart, sit like a tortoise, walk sprightly like a pigeon and sleep like a dog."

www.martialdevelopment.com... ng-250-year-old-man/

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Also he says he found ATS by googling about immortality. WHY would someone who knows immortals or who is immortal be googling it? I mean, they live it and they already have the true knowledge of it.

I would tend to think that anyone with this "condition", shall we say, would be extremely interested in keeping track of and up to date regarding whats happening within aging research and similar medical research.
Also, I would assume that the internet would be an invaluable tool to use for trying to track down and contact other individuals also with such a "condition". The internet, when suitable precautions are taken, can be almost completely anonymous and provide a safety-net within which small amounts of "specific information" can be safely divulged without drawing undue attention to the person supplying the information. However, to other individuals with this "condition", such small releases of seemingly "unusual" information would be almost like a signal flare indicating the presence of others like them.
And what better place to leave such tantalizing tidbits then on THE most popular conspiracy website around where the majority of members would simply dismiss such information as ramblings, a con or just plain delusional on the part of the poster !

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Maybe they discovered a time machine and went to the future, buying out supplies of monatomic gold at online health stores, then returned to their own time and started to become immortal meanwhile decalcifying their pineal gland.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Kind of sounds like this person is taking the story from a new movie coming out called "I am number 4"

Watch the trailer at the beginning, and see the similarities.. Probably just jerkin your chain..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tvision

Nice catch!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Pretty much every single OP out there that says "I've already said too much and won't be responding to queries" is full of crap.

If you're not going to put out information, why start a thread in the first place unless it's based on complete and utter bs?

I call BS on this one, completely.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If you were curious as to where more of you are, would you not look under immortals for clues in the wordings of such talks to bee, so you could unite, talk of times good and bad to meet another like you. I'm sure if you lost a brother of sister you would want to bee with them at some point in time and place. You know, meet others like you that are part of the family. I'm sure that people like them exist and they too love and would want to bee together.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think you would hide away so peoples looking for you would not find you at said places and always on the run, when they come calling. One who wanders you could say, have a third eye like on a dollar bill.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Attention: afoolbyanyothername

I've just received your U2U query but am unable to respond to you due to my not having generated the mandatory 20 posts.
If possible, please re-contact me with an external email address.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join