It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's to be made of this unusual info from a new member ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hi all,

This will more than likely be a waste of time but I've been pondering the responses made by a new member (methuselah1937) who joined up on the 31st October, 2010. S/he has only made 3 posts since joining but I have to admit that I find them somewhat cryptic as well as intriguing.

S/he made an OP indicating that they joined as a result of a Google entry referencing an existing thread here on ATS titled
Are there real immortals living amongst us ?
started by member benabba.

The tone of his/her OP was one indicating that the content and premise of the above thread was rather dubious and lacking in fact.

... which in my opinion is, shall we simply say, factually incorrect ?

At the conclusion of his/her OP, an additional statement was made that seemed strange to me as the context used implied personal experience.

... just makes me recall how "dull" life was before electronic communication and the internet came along !

Seems like an unusual way to phrase such a sentence as we've had electronic communication of one type or another for at least 100 years.

The next post by methuselah1937 was again a response to benabba but this time in the thread titled
I want immortality
started by member _damon.

It was this post in particular that had me scratching my head and wondering what the heck ?Again, methuselah1937 has a swipe at benabba and then out of nowhere makes the following assertion

give you just the smallest bit of "real" info.

A total of 8 extremely long-lived individuals are still alive out of an original group of 12.
1 (male) was murdered in Barcelona, Spain in 1796
1 (female) last known whereabouts Kiev in 1893 - presumed dead
1 (male) committed suicide in Oslo in 1954
1 (female) last known whereabouts Warsaw in 1895 - presumed dead

Reading that had me wondering whether the above details/info could be taken at face value or whether it should be immediately relegated to the BS department as nothing more than some delusional members ramblings - and I'm more than aware that here on ATS we have no shortage of such wacked out claims being made!

After a while, I decided to respond to methuselah1937 and ask for additional info from him/her to substantiate the above claims.

Are you indirectly stating that there ARE in fact extremely long lived individuals currently amongst us ? The details you've supplied regarding the 4 missing/dead are quite specific regarding sex, city and date.

Can you please supply additional info ?

All I got in response was

Sorry, but it was an error on my part for having said even that much and I will not be supplying any additional details.

Since that last post from methuselah1937, there has been no further posting activity.

I realize that I'm probably reading more into it than I should but it just seemed such an unusual bit of info to have supplied and then stopped posting. If it was intended as just a con job, I would have expected to see a thread being started soon after in an attempt to capitalize on the easy gullibility of many ATS members - but nothing, nada, zip.

Anyway, the entire short exchange just seems quite strange and unusual to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
There may still be time.
Spit that hook out before someone sets it and reels you in.
edit on 14-11-2010 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Oooo creepy.

Almost as creepy as you stalking somebody and reading all their posts.

You might be onto something though. Have you looked on the internet to find a connection with those dates of death given?

edit: So are you implying that this person is somehow immortal? Interesting, but it's more likely they're just pretending they're immortal or are having delusions that they've been alive for 100s of years.
Also they were last online on the 10th of this month.

I've looked on google to see if anything happened in 1937 that would be related to immortality or an event in the locations mentioned in methuselah's post but I can't find a connection so far. I'll keep looking because I got nothing better to do.
edit on 14/11/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
or maybe just a 73 year old net-head
who loved the Highlander Movie

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
or maybe just a 73 year old net-head
who loved the Highlander Movie

Or this.

Personally I don't think they type like someone who's that old (no offense to people that old).

It wouldn't be surprising for a 73 year old to have crazy delusions mind you. Many old folks with alzheimers who are living in hospital think they're in their childhood home.

Honestly though the way they type is more like somebody between the ages of 20 and 40.

Also he says he found ATS by googling about immortality. WHY would someone who knows immortals or who is immortal be googling it? I mean, they live it and they already have the true knowledge of it.
edit on 14/11/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ignore this post
edit on 14-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Ignore this post
edit on 14-11-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Ohhh the plot thickens! I wonder what this post use to say.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

Hello,

The word immortal is confusing to me in the respect that in order for one to have to go from life into death, one must actually be alive. To say that one cannot die, well, then one cannot live...

So, being immortal to me means that they are neither capable of being alive or dead. Maybe some kind of an inter-dimensional being? It's pretty science fiction to me.

Interesting though, thanks.

There's more threads about it...one is Here

Maybe I'll check it out myself.

One more link.

edit on (11/14/1010 by loveguy because: added another link

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

How do you come to that conclusion? What if there was a group of people whom were immortal because a thousand years ago one of their members found or created something that by injecting it or drinking it you had everlasting life?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

i'm sorry you figured that out.

don't answer the door.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I decided to research a bit.

Napolean Bonapart was in Italy with 40000 troops he defeats the Austrians in April at Millesimo and the Piedmontese at Modovi.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

For someone trying to keep a secret they seem pretty useless at it - repeatedly giving clues.

Without the original poster to shed some light on what it is they believe I would just take it as a person playing with some forum users.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
There may still be time.
Spit that hook out before someone sets it and reels you in.
edit on 14-11-2010 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

priceless.

And exactly along the lines I was going to suggest. You got played.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I find it interesting, most people with such claims go into great detail to convince others. The post seems to indicate long lived and not imortal and that there are a dozen of them. Although it does smell like a Highlander movie nut posting, I guess like his post "There can be only one"

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

This does look intriguing at first glance, but immortal can be thrown out due to the fact that one-third of them are dead! As another person duly noted, long-lived perhaps.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Take it for what it is, a stranger's post on a message board. People who know the truth do not seek validation from others. They are confident in what they know. Don't ponder it too long. Search for the truth on your own. Do not accept what anyone says on a message board as the truth, especially on a forum like this. There are a lot of people who intentionally try to be mysterious just to get people to talk about them, like you did. It wouldn't surprise me at all for this to be the intent of the "old human".

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by greybeard1

You mean there are still Majestic 9 living out in area 51?
Several new paperclip threads on the board, so maybe we will get some fresh trickle.
edit on 14-11-2010 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2010 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The immortals have limited time in their bodies, in the egyptian book of the dead it explains how they can return.
There is also the Tibetan book of the dead, the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama links traditionally to immortality and constantly being reborn.

Immortals have the keys to the afterlife.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Perhaps you have discovered a bonafide Time Traveler?

Afterall, they would be in most senses of the word, Immortal...at least from our perspective.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I reviewed your findings and I must say, those are some rather curious responses. Now, let's assume there is some truth behind this all. (And I am going by this assumption because I am at work on a Sunday when it is dead, and I am bored out of my mind.)

Username: methuselah1937

I have not found any usage of this username outside of ATS, but the username itself says something.

"Back to Methuselah", written in 1937. Exhibit 107 of the Albert-Shaw Collection at Brown university Library. Ref 1 However, an interesting conflict. Wikisource indicates it was written in 1921. This issue is resolved when you realize the edition at Brown is a Limited Editions Club book, which was published at a later date.

Because I don't believe in coincidences, I would suspect the user has been to Brown university and seen the exihibit, as the 1937 edition is extremely rare (and thus in a museum). Any internet search would most likely bring up the more common 1939 edition, or the original 1921 written date. Also of note, Methuselah does indicate long life, etc. Interesting choice of usernames.

The choice of words used by Methuselah1937 also matches the source material (specifically a "long-lived"). So, let's look at some of the other material given to us by Methuselah1937.

give you just the smallest bit of "real" info.

A total of 8 extremely long-lived individuals are still alive out of an original group of 12.
1 (female) last known whereabouts Kiev in 1893 - presumed dead
1 (male) committed suicide in Oslo in 1954
1 (female) last known whereabouts Warsaw in 1895 - presumed dead

First thing that jumps out is "real" is in quotes.

In 1796, a book was published The Monk. It takes place in Spain, but I don't think it specifies Barcelona. His death could be classified as a murder. However, there was no evidence that he was long-lived. He did sell his soul to the devil, but got slammedin the end. I am not convinced this is the specific reference or not. In fact, now that I read it over again, I am pretty sure it is a stretch - however, I am convinced my first one is not.

My belief is that each of these is a reference to... something. I believe it may be related to literature of some source, as their username came from a literary source, as well as some of their lingo. I suspect a lit student at Brown.

Anyway, that is my analysis. Interesting puzzle.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join