It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the boxing fans? Pacquio vs. Margarito

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I can't be the only one on this site that loves boxing! I didn't get to see the fight on ppv, but I'll be watching next week on hbo, for sure!! Yeah, Manny!!!!

I hope this isn't Pacquio's last fight cause I want to see him take down Mayweather.!!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Yea I love boxing as well. Did not get to see the fight but I figured that Pacquiao would beat Margarito.

I definitely want to see a Pacquiao vs. Mayweather fight!!! I have been hoping it would happen for a long time now. Hopefully they both just man up, let it happen, put away the squabbles, and fight.

And for the record I think Mayweather will win if they do fight.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
For the record, I think Manny will win against Mayweather.

I don't like Mayweather because he spends too much time running around the ring.

I also don't like how he trash talks his opponents before a fight. I was SO hoping Mosley
would have won that last fight.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Glad we both got that down on record, so IF the fight ever happens, we will know our sides.

Yea, I understand how people do not like his style of boxing, though it hes done a good job with it so far.
And to a point I also understand how you do not like the trash talking, but that is and always has been a part of boxing. Occasionally though he does go a little to far though.

The sport does need more big time boxers like these two, so it can build back up to it once was. These two guys fighting would definitely help as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I will pay to watch Manny vs. Floyd. but I don't think it will ever happen.

Looking forward to the Williams-Martinez on the 20th. I like Martinez, but haven't yet made my choice for
a winner.

I hate all other sports except boxing and am so glad boxing goes all year long.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I too will pay for that fight IF it ever happens and I am looking forward to Martinez-Williams 2 on the 20th as well.
On this one we currently agree, as I am also leaning towards Martinez at this moment.

I love all sports and it is awesome that it is a year round sport. Can't hate that.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
My wife is a Filipina..so of course we bought the ppv...It was a great fight..Manny took some hits but he demolished..in every sense of the word..Margarito..I know that Mayweather is trembling after seeing Manny destroy 2 fighters(Cotto and Margarito) that he (Mayweather) dodged. I think he was praying that manny would lose so he could use his tired excuse that he beat the guy who beat the guy routine.

It is the match up of styles that makes the fight..I gave margs little chance to win because he stands in front of his fighter...and Mayweather is not a good fight style for pac (great counter puncher) ..but if the fight happens while pac is still young he will destroy Mayweather. IMO

Peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Even after all the trash talk..I give props to Margarito for staying in the fight and taking a beating..but I give more props to Manny for not knocking him out(and possibly doing permanent damage to him)..as he clearly could have finished him off..he was getting any punch he wanted..from the rounds 10-12. Most of the fight really, but the last 3 rounds he tattooed him at will.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I watched the Pacquiao vs Margarito tonight and wow, what a fight! When it was apparent there was no way Margarito could have won, I don't think Margarito's corner should have kept encouraging him to fight. I've seen boxers take much less of a beating and their trainers put a stop to the fight so they don't permanently damage the fighter. I thinkMargarito's trainer put him at risk for severe damage by not stopping the fight. I heard he just got released from the hospital today.

Seeing what Manny did to Margarito made me realize that Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao. Floyd's face
means too much to him and he'd never get in the ring with Manny and chance having his face turned into ground beef.

In the fight that followed....Sergio Martinez vs. Paul Williams---I wanted Martinez to win, but I didn't think he would. I picked Williams to win. It was a lucky shot that knocked Williams out cold. Williams got dropped hard and holy crap, that was some knockout. Would have liked to seen the fight go past 2 rounds.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I liked Martinez in the fight and he did it in awesome fashion. For me and the fans, I would have loved to have seen the fight go longer than two rounds, yet it was what it was, a good ass knockout. The HBO commentator's already calling it knockout of the year.
AND
Floyd and Pacquiao fight will happen, eventually....

top topics

join